[1.4.x] TweakScale v2.3.12(Apr-16)

pellinor

@pellinor I don't normally come bothering people bout stuff like this but I'm making some custom parts for my career and I had an issue with wheel resizing and was wondering if you could throw an eye on this for me maybe point me in the right direction. I do use tweakscale in my game but for these purposes I want fine control over what values scale (speed etc) so I'm making a set of wheel parts from stock parts and at least then I can export them and use them without tweakscale. Any advice you could give would be great. I've googled the hell out of this issue.

50 minutes ago, ThatHomelessGuy said:

@pellinor I don't normally come bothering people bout stuff like this but I'm making some custom parts for my career and I had an issue with wheel resizing and was wondering if you could throw an eye on this for me maybe point me in the right direction. I do use tweakscale in my game but for these purposes I want fine control over what values scale (speed etc) so I'm making a set of wheel parts from stock parts and at least then I can export them and use them without tweakscale. Any advice you could give would be great. I've googled the hell out of this issue.

Hmm, generally a simple MM patch with rescaleFactor should do the trick. I'll have a look at how TweakScale handles this tomorrow. Haven't tested rescaleFactor<0.5 yet.

2 minutes ago, pellinor said:

Hmm, generally a simple MM patch with rescaleFactor should do the trick. I'll have a look at how TweakScale handles this tomorrow. Haven't tested rescaleFactor<0.5 yet.

Thank you I'll look into MM patch as I may have missed that option. I did think of making it a dependent of something else if need be but beyond simple part edits and mod part patches for incompatible mod parts I am pretty new to the modding community on KSP.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else getting a weird bug that alters the attachment nodes of scaled parts AFTER placing them and picking them up again? Or is that just me?

Not sure if it's a legit bug or a problem on my end, but I thought I'd bring attention to it jic

2 hours ago, stickman939 said:

Is anyone else getting a weird bug that alters the attachment nodes of scaled parts AFTER placing them and picking them up again? Or is that just me?
Not sure if it's a legit bug or a problem on my end, but I thought I'd bring attention to it jic

Nothing known at the moment, just make sure you're on the current TweakScale version (v2.3.1) since reverting attachment nodes were a bug in a past version.

41 minutes ago, pellinor said:

Nothing known at the moment, just make sure you're on the current TweakScale version (v2.3.1) since reverting attachment nodes were a bug in a past version.

Yeah, it's the most up-to-date version, but I'll redownload it just to be 100% sure.

17 minutes ago, thesmokindeist said:

I think the new update breaks TweakScale... :( I had this pop up in loading...

G1ZTAsr.png

That doesn't mean its broken. Sometimes the only thing a mod needs is an updated version number. 

Release v2.3.2:

* recompile for KSP1.2.1
* update patches for RLA-Stockalike, OPT
* exponents for ModuleRCSFX
* remove an obsolete exponent
* remove patches for relay antennas since scaling of their main function does not work
  (which is relaying signals when the antenna is part of an unloaded vessel)

3 hours ago, Mad Elf said:

@pellinor: Thanks for being so on-the-ball with this update!

Quick (noob) question: do I need to do something to get the new version to show up in CKAN, or is that something yet to be done from your end?

In most cases you just need to wait a bit for CKAN bot to catch up update. From moder side, if there is no big changes it is mostly just a matter of updating version file properly, for CKAN being able to pick it up. But all those questions are better to ask in CKAN thread and leave mod thread to be on topic.

4 hours ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

Does this mean we can no longer resize them?
I'm sorry I don't understand it.

Exactly. Maybe "removing support" would be more clear.

Edited by pellinor

8 minutes ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

=((((

I'm a Miniature Builder too... This is saddening news indeed.

You can easily write your own scaling patches (see here: https://github.com/pellinor0/TweakScale/commit/d874146ba6b46a910d0e73fffe162c2c561672e9). Just be aware that the range only scales as long as the part is loaded.

Just now, pellinor said:

You can easily write your own scaling patches (see here: https://github.com/pellinor0/TweakScale/commit/d874146ba6b46a910d0e73fffe162c2c561672e9). Just be aware that the range only scales as long as the part is loaded.

That's the part I don't understand I'm sorry..

What does it mean it only scales when it's loaded, you mean loaded into the scenery?
What happens when it's not loaded? If the range turns back to default, I can live with that.

7 minutes ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

That's the part I don't understand I'm sorry..

What does it mean it only scales when it's loaded, you mean loaded into the scenery?
What happens when it's not loaded? If the range turns back to default, I can live with that.

Yes, the range reverts to default whenever the part is far from the vessel you are controlling. Since that is the main use case for a relay antenna, I chose to not make them scaleable by default.

Ok, I've not had to fiddle with things in the game this deeply. How/where do I add or insert this?

4 hours ago, pellinor said:

27 minutes ago, thesmokindeist said:

Ok, I've not had to fiddle with things in the game this deeply. How/where do I add or insert this?

These are ModuleManager patches, they just need to be in a .cfg file anywhere in the GameData folder. It is advisable to keep your own patches separate from mods (i.e. not in the TweakScale folder), so you do not accidentally lose them when removing or updating mod folders.

1 hour ago, pellinor said:

These are ModuleManager patches, they just need to be in a .cfg file anywhere in the GameData folder. It is advisable to keep your own patches separate from mods (i.e. not in the TweakScale folder), so you do not accidentally lose them when removing or updating mod folders.

Cool. that is good to know. Are there any good tutorials on playing with this anywhere?

Is there a known MOD that tweakscale doesn't play nice with? I have a very heavy modded game but ive never had a problem with tweakscale before. I just finished getting my mod list up and running and now the tweakscale context menu doesn't appear. 

I found an old post by biotronic mentioning KSPAPIExtensions.dll  and IR having an issue so i removed theMSI folder but i still dont have the menu option. 

Am i missing something? Do i need to activate it in game since 1.2.1? 

Anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks in advance.

18 hours ago, Selrinn said:

Is there a known MOD that tweakscale doesn't play nice with? I have a very heavy modded game but ive never had a problem with tweakscale before. I just finished getting my mod list up and running and now the tweakscale context menu doesn't appear. 

I found an old post by biotronic mentioning KSPAPIExtensions.dll  and IR having an issue so i removed theMSI folder but i still dont have the menu option.

KSPApiExtensions was stockified in 1.2, so if you have it some of your mods are badly out of date. If either TweakScale refuses to load properly or the scaling modules are not applied by MM, the nyour log will probably tell why. I can have a look if you upload it somewhere (first thing I would do is search for 'exception').