[1.4.x] TweakScale v2.3.12(Apr-16)

pellinor

Apologies if this has been answered before, but is there any way to disable TweakScale in all cases except for those mods that provide their own configs?

I can see the option to restrict it to Infernal Robotics only, but what I'm looking for is a way to restrict it to something like "Everything NOT in GameData/TweakScale".

edit: am I better just deleting all the configs in the TweakScale folder to do this?

Edited by S4qFBxkFFg

3 hours ago, S4qFBxkFFg said:

Apologies if this has been answered before, but is there any way to disable TweakScale in all cases except for those mods that provide their own configs?

I can see the option to restrict it to Infernal Robotics only, but what I'm looking for is a way to restrict it to something like "Everything NOT in GameData/TweakScale".

edit: am I better just deleting all the configs in the TweakScale folder to do this?

Yes, the simplest way is to delete the patches folder in Gamedata/TweakScale. (The configs in GameData/TweakScale should stay)

On 1/26/2018 at 7:08 PM, Drew Kerman said:

you could just edit the part config with MM and increase the fuel amount. Who says it has to actually be physically larger? Games!! :) Unless you're doing a realistic RP

Yes I would really like to do this. Would you help me out on just how to do this? Thanks. I'm not exactly sure of which file to open to edit.

Edited by MikeO89

4 hours ago, MikeO89 said:

Yes I would really like to do this. Would you help me out on just how to do this? Thanks. I'm not exactly sure of which file to open to edit.

Before you do anything you should make sure the tanks are fully loaded.  The configuration provided by FASA only has the tanks at 87.5% capacity.

If that isn't enough for you here's a step-by-step MM config.

Start with the Command Module (.. /GameData/FASA/Apollo/FASA_Apollo_CM.cfg)

1. Create a folder called /GameData/Mike089_MMConfigs

2. Open notepad and paste this in:

@PART[FASAApollo_SM]
{
    @RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]
    {
        amount =              //    315
        maxAmount =           //    360
    }
    @RESOURCE[Oxidizer]
    {
        amount =              //    385
        maxAmount =           //    440
    }
}

3. fill in values for amount and maxAmount as you desire.

4. SaveAs "MikeO89_MM_FASA.cfg" (or whatever.cfg)

Note: '//' denotes a comment; so the values afterward are provided as a reference for the actual values provided by FASA.

13 hours ago, TranceaddicT said:

amount =              //    315
maxAmount =           //    360

These should also have an @ (or %) in front, since you want to change the existing values and not add extra ones.

2 hours ago, popos1 said:

Hi, there is a config to remove oryginal parts and leave one type of parts size?

You could use Janitor's Closet to remove parts from the list.  Or just install Procedural Parts and Tanks but No Tanks.

I've updated the NFT config to include Near Future Launch Vehicles. As it's my first pull request in github, I'm running into a few troubles trying to submit one. I"ll try to get it sorted out and submit the pull request later tonight.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting a crash on my save. I have narrowed it down to either this mod, or to RealPlume.

output_log.txt

I'm using the latest versions of Real Plume and TweakScale on CKAN.

The crash-to-desktop happens as I am time accelerating towards a ship I am trying to rendezvous with. Once I get within loading distance of the other ship, CRASH! There are some debris nearby that is using scaled liquid radial engines (THUD radial engine, or MK 55 from the game files) from the stock game. Deleting debris stops the crash. Uninstalling either TweakScale or Real Plume stops the crash.

Note: The crash doesn't happen if i'm under 1.0x simulation speed. It only happens if the ship is loaded into the view distance while under time acceleration.

Any help? The Real Plume dev said it was most likely a problem on TweakScale's end.

Is possible to select with more precision or type the size I want, to get round number of resources?

Like when I'm scaling a tank, and it gets 117.8 or 120.9 units, and I wanted a size that gives exactly 120 units. I use MFT but some mods are not compatible.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, MaximumThrust said:

Is possible to select with more precision or type the size I want, to get round number of resources?

Like when I'm scaling a tank, and it gets 117.8 or 120.9 units, and I wanted a size that gives exactly 120 units. I use MFT but some mods are not compatible.

Thanks!

Drag the blue bar or change the TweakScale configs, basically.

14 minutes ago, MaximumThrust said:

Could you be more specific?

If you mean the green bar that goes in increments of 1%, that's what I'm talking about.

The short answer to your question is: no, you cannot very simply do what you want without editing things.

The long answer is that you need to edit the TweakScale patches that are being applied to your part, or you simply need to write new MFT configs and apply them to the parts you want.

New patch meaning: such that the increments between each defined scale size are smaller, and therefore the bar (yes, green, whoops) also has smaller increments (that you can actually choose accurately). You can look at the existing scaletypes and patches to get an idea of how that works, but basically, rather than this:

SCALETYPE
{
    name = stack
    freeScale = true
    defaultScale = 1.25
    suffix = m
    scaleFactors   = 0.1,  0.3,   0.625, 1.25,  2.5,  3.75, 5.0, 7.5, 10, 20
    incrementSlide = 0.01, 0.025, 0.025, 0.025, 0.05, 0.05, 0.1, 0.1, 0.2
}

You would probably want something like this:

SCALETYPE
{
    name = stack_tinyIncrements
    freeScale = true
    defaultScale = 1.25
    suffix = m
    scaleFactors   = blah blah 1.25,  1.3, 1.35, some other small increments that you test and seem to work, 2.0, blah blah blah
    incrementSlide = blah blah 0.005 (or 0.001 or something), 0.005, 0.005 etc.
}

5 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

The short answer to your question is: no, you cannot very simply do what you want without editing things.

The long answer is that you need to edit the TweakScale patches that are being applied to your part, or you simply need to write new MFT configs and apply them to the parts you want.

New patch meaning: such that the increments between each defined scale size are smaller, and therefore the bar (yes, green, whoops) also has smaller increments (that you can actually choose accurately). You can look at the existing scaletypes and patches to get an idea of how that works, but basically, rather than this:

You would probably want something like this:

Thanks! I tried something like that without success, but I probably did something wrong, will try again.

One more question, do you think is worth doing that? I'll be able to correctly adjust the value with the bar with increments smaller than 1%? I totally accept a no as an answer :D

2 minutes ago, MaximumThrust said:

Thanks! I tried something like that without success, but I probably did something wrong, will try again.

One more question, do you think is worth doing that? I'll be able to correctly adjust the value with the bar with increments smaller than 1%? I totally accept a no as an answer :D

No, it's not worth it. Write an MFT config instead, much faster & easier IMO.

Can anyone tell where the folder, for the FL-C1000 Fuel Tank(Russian Lateral Tanks) is located. Ive searched and searched for that in the squad Parts Folder. I keep over looking it or something, Im trying to find it so I can add tweakscale to it. 

On 16.3.2018 at 1:03 AM, viperwolf said:

Can anyone tell where the folder, for the FL-C1000 Fuel Tank(Russian Lateral Tanks) is located. Ive searched and searched for that in the squad Parts Folder. I keep over looking it or something, Im trying to find it so I can add tweakscale to it. 

Try SquadExpansions/MakingHistory/Parts/FuelTank/Size1p5_Tank_05.cfg.

Edited by Weltenbrand