[1.4.x] TweakScale v2.3.12(Apr-16)

pellinor

Hi guys

Thank you for your mod that is very usefull. It's a must have!

Is there any equation or factors that allows to define Thrust, fuel flow, oxy flow when rescalling?

It seems to be the same factor than weight. Is it? What is the formula?

Last night I added a couple of small booster engines to my spaceplane design that failed to get into orbit of Eve from surface (using Hyperedit to test). The initial problem is once my KSPI jets are out of Atm I didn't have enough thrust to get orbital speed before being pulled back into the atmosphere.

So added some more LqdHydrogen and 155kN of thrust to the wings using TweakScaled down to .625 ATILA, X48 tank, nosecap. I have no idea if this is enough because I couldn't even get it going fast enough to have overheating using the jets. Without the boosters I had to be really careful not to explode due to overheating, running with around a dozen heat gauges, several in the red, balancing speed vs heat. I could get it so fast that the height reached was over 100km with just under 1.5k dV needing to be added before dropping back to 90km to get into orbit. The 80kN was too slow, so hoping 235kN will do it quickly enough if I could actually get higher than 60km with the extra engines.

The weight doesn't explain it, it's actually slightly lighter since I took 1.6t off before adding the boosters. The only explanation that I can think of is the drag. It certainly seems to have changed more that I would expect by adding 2 .625 tubes with aerodynamic cones on front. If the drag calculation is seeing two massive 2.5m tubes that might account for this kind of drastic effect.

So if TS scales the drag cubes now, could it be broken with the KSPI parts? Is there a way I can investigate what the issue is?

Edited by Hazelnut

Hey, Having a weird/annoying bug. Fresh install of 1.0.4 and only mods are

KW Rocketry

Taser Space Tech

Tweak scale

Asteroid Day Offical Mod

When ever I re-load or go from my flight, back to space center, then back to flight, my starting object on the craft (i.e. any command module or any part selected as the first/base part for the craft) reverts back to its original size. Any Ideas? This has broken 2 of my long distant satellites as I could not access any of my science objects because the part engulfed the entire craft.

P.s. I just tried with base game only and I am still having the issue.

Hey, Having a weird/annoying bug. Fresh install of 1.0.4 and only mods are

KW Rocketry

Taser Space Tech

Tweak scale

Asteroid Day Offical Mod

When ever I re-load or go from my flight, back to space center, then back to flight, my starting object on the craft (i.e. any command module or any part selected as the first/base part for the craft) reverts back to its original size. Any Ideas? This has broken 2 of my long distant satellites as I could not access any of my science objects because the part engulfed the entire craft.

P.s. I just tried with base game only and I am still having the issue.

Check the OP

Amazing mod. Thanks to everyone that was involved in it. I gotta ask a question, though:

I am using it in conjunction with NFT and I am trying to make an argon hall effect thruster from the base point of 62.5cm to the 2.5m diam., thus I need to calculate the EC usage ratio. What is the direct multiplication for, say, 0.625 to 2.500? Is it directly 4 times the fuel usage and thrust etc. characteristics or does it use a different way?

Also: do utilities with specific modules like solar panels, vanilla reactors, RCS thruster units, or most importantly: reaction wheels get their numbers adjusted to the size?

I apologize if this was asked a million times, I couldn't find it :D

Protip: never rescale your root part

Amazing mod. Thanks to everyone that was involved in it. I gotta ask a question, though:

I am using it in conjunction with NFT and I am trying to make an argon hall effect thruster from the base point of 62.5cm to the 2.5m diam., thus I need to calculate the EC usage ratio. What is the direct multiplication for, say, 0.625 to 2.500? Is it directly 4 times the fuel usage and thrust etc. characteristics or does it use a different way?

Also: do utilities with specific modules like solar panels, vanilla reactors, RCS thruster units, or most importantly: reaction wheels get their numbers adjusted to the size?

I apologize if this was asked a million times, I couldn't find it :D

I asked the same question because it's more complicated than simple multiplication.

Here are some multiplicators I found by divided weight between them, it looks like it's the same multiplicator for thrust, air flowing Fuel/oxy flow

for 1.25 it's 1 / for 1.50 it's 1.58 / 1.8 - 2.50 / 1.90 - 3.04 / 2.0 - 3.24 / 2.20 - 4.11 / 2.30 - 4.59 / 2.5 - 5.67

If you find the formula, please let us know....

I asked the same question because it's more complicated than simple multiplication.

Here are some multiplicators I found by divided weight between them, it looks like it's the same multiplicator for thrust, air flowing Fuel/oxy flow

for 1.25 it's 1 / for 1.50 it's 1.58 / 1.8 - 2.50 / 1.90 - 3.04 / 2.0 - 3.24 / 2.20 - 4.11 / 2.30 - 4.59 / 2.5 - 5.67

If you find the formula, please let us know....

The weight (or thrust, or solar output, or whatever else) you get from scaling a part is defined in the ScaleExponents config in the TweakScale folder. They work like so:

Weight: exponent is 3 (mass = 3 in that cfg, so everything scales with volume). Scale a part to 2x size: new weight is (2^3 * the original weight).

Solar output: exponent is 2 (scales with area). Scale a part to 9x size: new solar output is (9^2 * the original power output).

The exponent for weight is not 3, but 2.5

If you take the rapier engine scale 1.25, mass is 2

If you scale to 2.5m, multiplier is 2 and new mass is (2^2.5)*2= 11.314......click center mouse on engine to check

If you scale to 2m, multiplier is 2/1.25= 1.6 New mass is (1.6^2.5)= 6.476

If you scale to 0.625, Multiplier is 0.5 and new mass is (0.5^2.5)*2=0.354

Same rule applies for fuel and oxy flow and thrust.

Check the OP

lol idk how I missed that. Weird part is when I was on my 1.0.2 with the .90 Tweak Scale it never happened. I was rescaling lander command modules for little drop ships back then.

Hey all.

Hope this is the right place to post. Am on phone.

I just started using tweakscale, frankly am amazed I haven't found it sooner.

Quick question.

I am attempting to build little automated rovers and probes.

---Has anyone had success or can share some tips with using tweakscale to miniaturize rover and probe builds?

I was fiddling with it and have not tested anything yet.

Advice and thoughts?

I've been building rovers and whatnot drivables, I'm looking at just the TR 2L ruggedized wheels

The part says:

0.05 weight each

0.7EU/s

max impact speed 300

(and 60m/s max speed.) Anyone managed to get these things to that kind of speed??

The vehicle I tested now with has 8 wheels, weighs about 14t on Kerbin.

What I noticed was =

Electric charge usage scales massively.

at 100% size usage was about 6EU/s

at 150% size usage was about 20EU/s

Weight scales massively.

2 wheels at 100% size weighs 0.1t

2 wheels at 150% will weigh 0.71t (more than 50% increase)

Speed of the rover wheels also scales strangely.

At 100% size I got my rover to a max cruising speed of about 20m/s

When increased to 150% the rover got to a max speed of around 13m/s

At 100% size, the vehicle in question would damage the wheels when hitting bumps and hills, When i increased the size of the wheels to 150% beefy

then they handled alot better with no damage.

I didn't look at making things smaller, unfortunately I tend only to make things larger. The fuel tanks also do crazy scaling like that, you'll see for yourself.

Making probe cores, and SAS core things bigger scale up the power of SAS aswell, so they turn the craft with more oomph. Cheaty cheaty - apparently pfft but I would! Havn't ever scaled any engines so havn't a clue there.

The exponent for weight is not 3, but 2.5

If you take the rapier engine scale 1.25, mass is 2

If you scale to 2.5m, multiplier is 2 and new mass is (2^2.5)*2= 11.314......click center mouse on engine to check

If you scale to 2m, multiplier is 2/1.25= 1.6 New mass is (1.6^2.5)= 6.476

If you scale to 0.625, Multiplier is 0.5 and new mass is (0.5^2.5)*2=0.354

Same rule applies for fuel and oxy flow and thrust.

That might be true for engines, what with "#@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale] { }" (whatever that does), but it's not true for most parts (like fuel tanks) - from the ScaleExponents.cfg:

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS

{

name = Part

breakingForce = 2

breakingTorque = 2

buoyancy = 3

explosionPotential = 3

mass = 3

Resources

{

!amount = 3

!maxAmount = 3

-ignore = ModuleFuelTanks

}

attachNodes

{

breakingForce = 2

breakingTorque = 2

}

}

Unless I have a funky ScaleExponents, that is... Do I have a funky ScaleExponents.cfg...?

Hello to all.

I am trying to get mass and fuel amounts to be changed when the scale has been changed.

I am working with some 'older' fuel tank parts and I have the size changing just fine. However, the amount of fuel and mass is not changing.

I am sure I am doing something stupid, but I have not found it yet.

Any ideas or quick thoughts.

Thanks.

I looks as if problem is because of MFT. I will look over there to see if any ideas on how to get these to play well together.

Any help from here would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Edited by drtedastro

Would be good to have root part scaling blocked, or a warning displayed if it is scaled - it is known to cause bugs - the scale resets after loading.

Is there a patch for Ven's stock revamp? If no, should I work on one? It is really needed.

Hi, I'm having trouble with the newest Tweakscale (221) to work with the newest Modular Fuel Tanks (560). The tank fuel amount won't scale anymore with MFT, works without it though. Any ideas how to get them to work along each other?

Hi, I'm having trouble with the newest Tweakscale (221) to work with the newest Modular Fuel Tanks (560). The tank fuel amount won't scale anymore with MFT, works without it though. Any ideas how to get them to work along each other?

I have same problem. have been chasing it around, but still problems.