[1.4.x] TweakScale v2.3.12(Apr-16)

pellinor

6 hours ago, Rombrecht said:

The rescaling of solar panels still does not function in this mod. The problem in the current version of the mod is still the same as stated above.

Sorry, must have overlooked your older posts. I'll have a look.

52 minutes ago, Science3002 said:

Is there a way to turn off the scaling of the crew? I kind of try to use this...bug to my advantage. Slow computer :(

At the moment the only way is to not scale mass. Other than that, if you want a pocket size pod that still holds a kerbal you could use a MM patch to define a scaled copy of that part without using TweakScale. This is what I use to make certain scaled parts stackable in KIS. Does that help?

13 hours ago, NemesisBosseret said:

is this now compatible with RSS/RO/RPO?

The problems with FAR should be fixed with the current FAR release. Not sure how far realFuels is with its engine support. Other than that I'm not aware of any issues.

Edited by pellinor

Me and several others had a conflict with far and tweak scale where for exp I would launch my rocket and it would travel 1 to 2 M off the launch pad and completely stop. Burn out and just sit  suspended in air,    before launch the rocket would slowly creep it's way up in the launch clamps...   I removed tweak scale problem resolved,  but with rss/ro/rp0 ur mod is very much needed for the advanced rocketry because every 0.01 ton matters 

2 hours ago, pellinor said:

Sorry, must have overlooked your older posts. I'll have a look.

At the moment the only way is to not scale mass. Other than that, if you want a pocket size pod that still holds a kerbal you could use a MM patch to define a scaled copy of that part without using TweakScale. This is what I use to make certain scaled parts stackable in KIS. Does that help?

The problems with FAR should be fixed with the current FAR release. Not sure how far realFuels is with its engine support. Other than that I'm not aware of any issues.

51 minutes ago, NemesisBosseret said:

Me and several others had a conflict with far and tweak scale where for exp I would launch my rocket and it would travel 1 to 2 M off the launch pad and completely stop. Burn out and just sit  suspended in air,    before launch the rocket would slowly creep it's way up in the launch clamps...   I removed tweak scale problem resolved,  but with rss/ro/rp0 ur mod is very much needed for the advanced rocketry because every 0.01 ton matters 

Nemesis I had this problem, it was a part clipping issue.  I think it's really a part clipping issue that only happens when Tweakscale is installed, but fixing the clipping also fixes the problem, without uninstalling Tweakscale.

How did you resolve the clipping issue?  Because mine was just a simple sounding rocket that caused the issue,  nose cone, 0.300m procedural fuel tank, 3 basic fins one click of the button to the right to give me a spin on launch so it would be spin stabilized. One areobee engine on bottom of procedural thrust plate that gives u different nodes for different numbers of engines u can mount.     I went into sandbox and tested several other pre built rockets,  they worked fine.  Just any sounding rocket I made with procedural parts didn't work if I was using tweak scale

3 hours ago, pellinor said:

Uhhh.. kinda! i have no idea how to do that but i will attempt it!

11 hours ago, Rombrecht said:

The rescaling of solar panels still does not function in this mod.

Fixed in the dev version. Looks like the panel mechanics have become a bit more complex and I need to scale a different variable now.

Edited by pellinor

It seems that syntax like this

MODULE
	{
		name = TweakScale
		type = stack
		scaleFactors = 0.625, 1.25
		defaultScale = 1.25
	}

stopped working. 

I mean, module is there and it shows a dialog to change size, but no other size than default is available (sandbox mode).

Other configs that does not include scaleFactors string do work fine.

8 hours ago, Dr. Jet said:

MODULE
	{
		name = TweakScale
		type = stack
		defaultScale = 1.25
	}

stopped working. 

I mean, module is there and it shows a dialog to change size, but no other size than default is available (sandbox mode).

Can confirm that this is the case with all of the tweakscale SXT parts which are addressed in this way. Was this an intentional change or a bug?

3 minutes ago, Artfact said:

Can confirm that this is the case with all of the tweakscale SXT parts which are addressed in this way. Was this an intentional change or a bug?

Looks like a bug on my side, I'll have a look.

12 hours ago, Dr. Jet said:

MODULE
	{
		name = TweakScale
		type = stack
		defaultScale = 1.25
	}

stopped working. 

It works for me, however I need to use the slider. The arrows not bringing you to the extreme values anymore is a known issue. This piece of usability got lost when they integrated KspApiExtensions into stock, and I already raised a feedback issue on the tracker about it.

New bug;  only in the very latest version;  The Big S spaceplane wings scale automatically to 0% when you revert to SPH.  If you reload the craft it's fine.  Doesn't happen in flight so the workaround is easy, but this is definitely new behavior.  Reproducing it is reliable and easy - make a plane with the Big S wings, launch it, revert to SPH, and behold.

10 hours ago, ss8913 said:

New bug;  only in the very latest version;  The Big S spaceplane wings scale automatically to 0% when you revert to SPH.  If you reload the craft it's fine.  Doesn't happen in flight so the workaround is easy, but this is definitely new behavior.  Reproducing it is reliable and easy - make a plane with the Big S wings, launch it, revert to SPH, and behold.

"very latest version" is release or dev (v2.2.12 or v2.2.12.3)?

I can not reproduce it, testing the following with v2.2.12.3:
* SPH, make new plane with BigS wings (delta, tail fin, elevons) scaled to 50, 100 or 200%.
* launch
* revert to SPH
   => both sizes and scale display look correct

Maybe this needs some other mod to be present? Were your wings scaled or not? The only suspicious change I can think of is that I deactivate the part module in flight for unscaled parts. If some effect would bring this state back to the editor we might have a problem. But I'd need it reproduced on my machine to see what exactly is happening.

Edited by pellinor

I am not 100% sure if this is tweak scale yet or not (but that is where my cursory investigation leads), but after a recent update of it I found that my delta-V values in VAB look correct (in MechJeb and in VOID) but when I get to the launch pad they are greatly reduced.  This only happens when I re-scale fuel tanks or engines.  Once the erroneous values are shown (updated) on the launch pad, reverting to VAB retains the "new" values.  If I then disassemble then select the same parts, resizing in VAB repeats the process.  This happens with stock tanks/engines and mod-supplied tanks/engines both.  VAB shows correct values, but the launchpad and subsequent flight do not.  Is this a known issue (I didn't see anything posted on this - but I didn't go back more than a few pages)?

@Parallax59 @ss8913 this is a second issue that makes a certain optimisation from last week look suspicious. Could you try to reproduce your issues with the version from before and after that change? (you only need to replace Scale.dll) If you can confirm that this change broke your crafts I'll revert it and push out a new version.

before:
https://github.com/pellinor0/TweakScale/blob/a346b6a2191cc8c0cb94fc194ac1b63804ecb7de/GameData/TweakScale/plugins/

after:
https://github.com/pellinor0/TweakScale/blob/f9a730b17723558469d5b8d634cb10750ed0af49/GameData/TweakScale/plugins/

12 hours ago, pellinor said:

"very latest version" is release or dev (v2.2.12 or v2.2.12.3)?

I can not reproduce it, testing the following with v2.2.12.3:
* SPH, make new plane with BigS wings (delta, tail fin, elevons) scaled to 50, 100 or 200%.
* launch
* revert to SPH
   => both sizes and scale display look correct

Maybe this needs some other mod to be present? Were your wings scaled or not? The only suspicious change I can think of is that I deactivate the part module in flight for unscaled parts. If some effect would bring this state back to the editor we might have a problem. But I'd need it reproduced on my machine to see what exactly is happening.

I was using the release version: 2.2.12

yes, the wings were scaled to 300 or 400% when I first noticed this.  Happens with other scaling factors as well - my hstab were also big S scaled to 150%.  What version(s) of the mod do the above Scale.dll files correspond to?

Just a quick heads up, this mod doesn't work after using the Reload All function in the Database tab of the Alt+F11 debug window.  I know the Reload All button is generally despised, this may already be a known issue, and that TweakScale probably has a lot more to reload than the typical mod.  But all my other 30 or so mods manage to keep working (at least enough for my purposes) after that button is used, and it would be super handy if this one did too (especially when loading up parts after doing weldments).

If anyone has a workaround (e.g. use ModuleManager's reload buttons instead?) please let me know.

Edited by Fwiffo

15 hours ago, ss8913 said:

What version(s) of the mod do the above Scale.dll files correspond to?

2.2.11.1 and 2.2.11.2. The links go to the github commits and you find those numbers in the TweakScale.version file there.

12 hours ago, Fwiffo said:

Just a quick heads up, this mod doesn't work after using the Reload All function in the Database tab of the Alt+F11 debug window.  I know the Reload All button is generally despised, this may already be a known issue, and that TweakScale probably has a lot more to reload than the typical mod.  But all my other 30 or so mods manage to keep working (at least enough for my purposes) after that button is used, and it would be super handy if this one did too (especially when loading up parts after doing weldments).

If anyone has a workaround (e.g. use ModuleManager's reload buttons instead?) please let me know.

I have no idea how this database reload does and how a plugin needs to behave to survive it. Is there any documentation about this?

Edited by pellinor

Using 2.2.12.3 a bug reappeared I had last week but didn't know where it came from - it disappeared but I changed this and that so couldn't connect it to TweakScale.

Since yesterday it's back, as I reenabled TweakScale with the dev 2.2.12.3:

Loading a vessel with Procedural Parts and Procedural Fairings, there is always a gap above the Procedural Thrust Plate (under the Procedural Tank).
Most times it worked just grabbing the thrust plate and reattaching it to the tank, starting with the lowest part, so first stage.

But today I had the same weird bonus bug for 3 times now, there is no connection node under the tank so I can't attach the plate and it stays ghost afterwards.

Very, very disturbing.

Log (game still running):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fo7qsp22kzyr4l/2016-05-23-1%20TweakScale%20vs.%20PP%20and%20PF.7z?dl=0

Screenshot:

Spoiler

hEh7NHi.png

11 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

There are exceptions in that log from a variety of mods (but none from TweakScale). Things like vanishing nodes can be a symptom of exceptions in the editor.

The displacement on loading is probably this bug:
https://github.com/Swamp-Ig/ProceduralParts/issues/118

21 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

Do I read this right?
I could ignore the gaps in VAB and it will be okay on the launch pad?
Have to try it out ....

Unfortunately no, my understanding is that the problem happens on load in the editor, and persists. So if you save the ship without a gap, you should be able to launch the saved craft from the space center scene without creating a gap (because this avoids the "loading in editor" part).

Edited by pellinor

Allright, I moved TweakScale back into GameData, deleted cache, started and went to launchpad directly and loaded the craft.
Everything okay.

From there I chose "Back to VAB" and also okay.

I saved under a different name for further tests.

It seems that it's

• a stock bug
  • a PF bug
  • a PP bug
  • a unknown whatever bug

- in whatever combination of cross-reference