pellinor

[1.4.x] TweakScale v2.3.12(Apr-16)

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

Not trying to sound like an ass or anything, but is there any point of downloading this recompiled version? There is no change from the old version right? 

It works in 1.1.3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dboi88 said:

Yes but it is nothing more than a recompile of the source code, there is nothing changed so it'll still have the old version numbers ect. It's a working version for anyone who can't wait for an official release but there could be any number of bugs that would require the author to fix, seems completely fine to me so far though.

so its "normal" (until update) that KSP is complaining on startup?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Release v2.2.13:
* recompile for KSP 1.1.3
* fix for solar panels
* rewrite of chainScaling: propagate relative scaling factor to child parts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update @pellinor!:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm on a fresh install of RSS/RO on KSP 1.1.3
Tweakscale works fine except with the Heatshield Decoupler... It doesn't scale correctly past 1.25m! Is this a known bug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: Is Tweakscale supposed to change the electrical power generation potential of rescaled solar panels, specifically Gigantors? I've got a test craft with four different scale Gigantors and they all report the same energy flow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

Question: Is Tweakscale supposed to change the electrical power generation potential of rescaled solar panels, specifically Gigantors? I've got a test craft with four different scale Gigantors and they all report the same energy flow.

Are you sure you have latest version ? That bg suposed to be fixed, as reported few posts above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm... probably not, thought I had all my mods on CKAN. Don't see Tweakscale on there though. I'll try a manual update.

Ding... looks like that was it... move along. 

Edited by VaporTrail
D'oh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

Hmm... probably not, thought I had all my mods on CKAN. Don't see Tweakscale on there though. I'll try a manual update.

 

Due to latest events, CKAN might be even slower to pop up latest version in repository. Also, game version update hapened just recently, there will be need for some time to catch everything  up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, IgorZ said:

KIS is using prefab models to figure out part's volume and mass. I'd suggest TweakScale does adjustment after the part is actually created. I've created a tracking bug.

@pellinor Figured I'd post this here. Tweaks ale used to adjust part volumes as you rescale parts but I can't seem to do this anymore. Would there be a way to support this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you install all of this?

There's the GameData folder and a properties folder as well that is just confusing me. Do i put the whole folder containing everything into my gamedata folder or something? Im just confused?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Alex J Derpert said:

How do you install all of this?

There's the GameData folder and a properties folder as well that is just confusing me. Do i put the whole folder containing everything into my gamedata folder or something? Im just confused?

 

The release should only contain a GameData folder. The download of the dev version (which is currently identical to the release) contains the whole repo and you only need the GameData folder.

On 30.6.2016 at 8:40 AM, sharpspoonful said:

@pellinor Figured I'd post this here. Tweaks ale used to adjust part volumes as you rescale parts but I can't seem to do this anymore. Would there be a way to support this?

From my side nothing changed. Thanks for the link.

On 26.6.2016 at 1:54 AM, Oromis said:

Hi, I'm on a fresh install of RSS/RO on KSP 1.1.3
Tweakscale works fine except with the Heatshield Decoupler... It doesn't scale correctly past 1.25m! Is this a known bug?

Noone else here with RSS/RO? I have no knowledge of RO other than the fact that it changes lots of things including its own TweakScale configuration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, pellinor said:

Noone else here with RSS/RO? I have no knowledge of RO other than the fact that it changes lots of things including its own TweakScale configuration.

Maybe it is a RO config problem? It used to work fine on ksp 1.0.5
Let me know if I can be of any help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone found the scaling of price a bit problematic in tweakscale? I just started using it and found that whenever I scale a part up or down like a fuel tank or an engine, it is frequently cheaper than identical or equivalent in game parts. For example a poodle scaled down to be the size of a tarrier is only 230 while the stock tarrier is 390. Similarly an fl-t200 scaled up to an x200-16 size is only 1200 while the stock robomax is 1550. I know these things seem to be minor, but it would seem to be somewhat harmful to gameplay in the career mode. It's possible that parts should have a percentage increase of the base cost to be scaled up or down. Not sure what the math on it would look like or if there is in fact a good figure to reach for all parts. Has this been considered before?

Edited by SpaceCommunism

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SpaceCommunism said:

Has anyone found the scaling of price a bit problematic in tweakscale? I just started using it and found that whenever I scale a part up or down like a fuel tank or an engine, it is frequently cheaper than identical or equivalent in game parts. For example a poodle scaled down to be the size of a tarrier is only 230 while the stock tarrier is 390. Similarly an fl-t200 scaled up to an x200-16 size is only 1200 while the stock robomax is 1550. I know these things seem to be minor, but it would seem to be somewhat harmful to gameplay in the career mode. It's possible that parts should have a percentage increase of the base cost to be scaled up or down. Not sure what the math on it would look like or if there is in fact a good figure to reach for all parts. Has this been considered before?

It has ad nauseam. First of all, performance isn't always identical (although in this case the Poodle has better thrust/mass, Isp, etc). Essentially aside from very simple cases like fuel tanks where there are very limited performance numbers (capacity, dry mass) it would require a human to consider the price for every resized part in every size. A computed increase like you propose would either be small enough to leave some rescaled parts still too-good for their price or large enough to leave some so expensive as to be useless.

Furthermore the stock parts aren't very balanced - I'm looking at you, Vector - and (especially since not everyone plays career) you'll find it hard to get two players to agree if being late in the tech tree or coming with a large pricetag really balances out a part having superior performance.

It's only harmful to gameplay if you let it be - I know that sounds like a bit of a platitude, but the point is that Tweakscale is a very powerful tool with a wide range of application, and needs a bit of thought about what you're going to use it for. For example, I wouldn't Tweakscale an engine into a size-and-role clone of a stock engine; I use Tweakscale to create parts that wouldn't exist otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question. I've been messing around with tweakscale a bit and would like to know if there's some way to stop it from lowering the number of crew of the MPL? I'm comfortable editing the configs or adding a new MM co fig if necessary, I just don't know where to start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all Sorry for ma English

KSP: 1.1.3 Win 64bit

Problem: No Crew inside a rescaled Mobile Processing Lab

Mods Installed:

B9 / DMagic OrbitalS cience / Firespitter / For Science / Fuel Wings / Intertellar Fuel Switch / JSI / KAs / KAX / Kerbal Engineer / Kerbal joint reinforcement / Kerbo Katz / KW / Infernal robotics / Machjeb 2 / Modular Fuel tanks / Module Animate Emissive / NavyFish / Neart future Props & Spacecraft / Rcs souds / Scansat /smokescreen / stageRecovery / Station Science / Tarsier Space Tech /Tweak Sacle / warplugin

Reproduction Steps:

I start with building in the spaceplan a normal Jet.

I'm adding the MPL that is a 2.5m by default.

Rescaling it to 1.250m

Adding a scientist.

Lunching, no one inside...

It's works with the 2.5m


Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahetokn1ygq8zqz/output_log.txt?dl=0


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ultraviolet150 & @Spentec you guys must have missed it but crew capsules are not able to be tweaked, it says that it is known that putting crew in tweaked capsules will cause crashes. It is labeled as a known issue on the 1st page, so I assume fixing it is a priority that may get fixed in a future patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spentec said:

Problem: No Crew inside a rescaled Mobile Processing Lab

Crewmember Jebediah Kerman assigned to Mk1 Inline Cockpit, seat # 0 (crew seat index: 0)
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)
Cannot add crewmember Bob Kerman to Large.Crewed.Lab. Part Crew Capacity Exceeded.
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)
Crewmember Bob Kerman assigned to Mobile Processing Lab MPL-LG-2, seat # 0 (crew seat index: 0)

Not sure what to make of this. I need to look deeper into the crew scaling, but most likely won't find time until the start of august, sorry to keep you waiting.

59 minutes ago, SpaceCommunism said:

@ultraviolet150 & @Spentec you guys must have missed it but crew capsules are not able to be tweaked, it says that it is known that putting crew in tweaked capsules will cause crashes. It is labeled as a known issue on the 1st page, so I assume fixing it is a priority that may get fixed in a future patch.

Bad wording on the first page, to make it clearer: there is a mod named KRASH which currently conflicts with scaled crew capacity, and I still need to look into what goes wrong there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the answers guys.

Good job Pellinor and good luck for the rest of your work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ultraviolet150 said:

I have a question. I've been messing around with tweakscale a bit and would like to know if there's some way to stop it from lowering the number of crew of the MPL? I'm comfortable editing the configs or adding a new MM co fig if necessary, I just don't know where to start

So far it is hardcoded, but I plan to make it configurable with an exponent like everything else. A workaround would be a MM patch to define a scaled copy of the MPL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Oromis said:

Maybe it is a RO config problem? It used to work fine on ksp 1.0.5
Let me know if I can be of any help!

Ah I have an idea: the highest interval of the tweakable is broken (which unfortunately is stock now so I can't fix it or even look at the code any more). In the TweakSCale configs this does not hurt much because the max scale is very generous. If RO puts tighter limits to its scaling configs (and it probably does) you will miss the highest interval.

My current workaround is to define an additional interval whose only purpose is to absorb the bug. Finding the ScaleType of your part (somewhere in the configs that come with RO) and adding an extra scaleFactor will probably solve your issue.

Scaletypes from other mods would be a reason to code this workaround into the plugin instead. That is a better solution than asking every other mod to change its scaletypes (and to change them back when/if the tweakable gets fixed).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.