[1.4.x] TweakScale v2.3.12(Apr-16)

pellinor

1 hour ago, KerbalExplorer said:

Bug Report: Tweaking any un-manned probe core (i.e. Probodobodyne HECS) scales the cost in the opposite direction than it should. Normal scale HECS costs 650. 2x scale costs 230.

Using TweakScale v2.2.13 on KSP v1.1.3.

Pretty sure that's intended. Making probe cores smaller means the electronics have to be more compact and lighter, which means higher costs. Same thing for the scientific instruments.

6 hours ago, Ralathon said:

Pretty sure that's intended. Making probe cores smaller means the electronics have to be more compact and lighter, which means higher costs. Same thing for the scientific instruments.

Oh, that's my bad, then. I tried finding information on this before-hand, but it didn't seem like anyone talked about probe cores specifically. Thanks!

13 hours ago, Ralathon said:

Pretty sure that's intended. Making probe cores smaller means the electronics have to be more compact and lighter, which means higher costs.

But won't bigger wires mean more electricity?

Or is it just that I know absolutely nothing about probe cores? 

On 3/8/2015 at 1:31 PM, pellinor said:

TweakScale lets you change the size of a part. Not just that, but it will figure out how much fuel is in the resized part. And if it's an engine, it will become more powerful by scaling it bigger, or weaker by scaling it smaller.

uzqeB84.gif

Download: SpaceDock / Curse

Source: Github

Latest dev version (WIP stuff, might contain bees)

See also the development thread for the latest unreleased tinkering.

TweakScale was originally developed by Goodspeed and Biotronic. [original release thread]

Source: Github

License: WTFPL

Known issues (see also https://github.com/pellinor0/TweakScale/issues)

• scaled wheels are still wonky [workaround: define scaled copies using rescaleFactor]
  • the highest interval of the tweakable is broken [stock bug]
  • particle effects are not scaled [stock limitation]
  • crewCapacity scaling does not work together with the mod called "KRASH"

Please add TweakScale to your mod!

Reveal hidden contents

If you are a mod author and you want to bundle TweakScale configs with your mod, please do! A few notes:

• Please place your TweakScale .cfgs in your mod's folder, not in the TweakScale folder. This way users can delete TweakScale and install a new version without breaking your mod.
  • If your mod is already supported, please post here or PM me, and I will remove support, giving you full control over the .cfgs.

Changelog

v2.2.13
* recompile for KSP 1.1.3
* fix for solar panels
* rewrite of chainScaling: propagate relative scaling factor to child parts

Reveal hidden contents

v2.2.12
* scaling of crew capacity (hardcoded to use the mass exponent for now)
* Fix patches scale crewed parts with an exponent of 2 for crew and mass
   (not realistic but fits better to stock balance than 3). In any case mass/kerbal is hardcoded to be preserved.
* scaling of the IVA overlay
* support for new firespitter biplane
* support for HLAirships module (thanks SpannerMonkey)
* some missing patches for B9 (thanks BlowFish)
  (did some reordering but still need to sort through the content)
* fixed a few patches
* reorganize some patches into their own folder
  (B9, Squad including nasa and spacePlanePlus)
* small optimisation: disable partModule in flight if not scaled

v2.2.11
* remove obsolete IFS exponents
* fix bug in partMessage for MFT
* expose API via the part message system
* fix for mirrored parts
* workaround for tweakable bug: extra scaleFactor 500% for the free scaletypes
  (so the range from 200-400% is usable again)
* don't interfere if other mods illegaly write part.mass. Print a warning in this case
* fix thrust for moduleRCS (new maxFuelFlow exponent like for moduleEngines)

v2.2.10
* basic wheel scaling: scaled wheels work but still behave strange. They roll, are pretty close to touching the ground, and are able to bounce.
* make sure the exponents are applied before notifying other mods through the API (needed for interaction with FAR)
* MFT support changed to TweakScale using their API (instead of the other way round)
* tweaked downscaled science parts to be a little more expensive

v2.2.9
* fix for drag cube scaling
* update right click menu after rescale
* recompile for 1.1.2
* cleanup for mass scaling

v2.2.7.2
* fix scaling of the root part

v2.2.7.1
* update for 1.1
* Workaround for the camera breaking (root part scaling is still broken)
* support for new stock parts
* shrinking science and probe cores makes them more expensive
  (only changed for stock so far)
* update for the OPT v1.8 test release

v2.2.6
* Support for NF-Construction
* update for NFT Octo-Girders
* fix for infinite loop between TweakScale and MFT
* fix for engineer's report mass display

v2.2.5

* recompile for KSP 1.0.5 (still using the old KspApiExtensions)

* update MM

* patches for the new parts

v2.2.4

* Fix for scaling of lists. This should fix the trouble with cost of FSFuelSwitch parts.

* Partial fix for editor mass display not updating

* new file Examples.cfg with frequently used custom patches

* Removed MM switch for scaleable crew pods

* update of NFT patches

* Fix scaling of resource lists

* support for a few missing stock parts

* partial support for a few other mods

* stock radiator support

* Scale ImpactRange for stock drill modules (this is what determines if the drill has ground contact or not)

* scale captureRange for claw (this should fix 3.75m claws not grappling)

* removed brakingTorque exponent (not needed and breaks stock tweakable)

v2.2.1

* update for KSP 1.0.4

* KSP 1.0 support: scaling of dragCubes

* exponent -0.5 for heatProduction

* support for HX parts from B9-Aerospace

* support for firespitter modules: FSEngine, FSPropellerTweak, FSAlternator

* remove support for KAS connector port so it stays stackable in KIS

* a few missing part patches

* update NF-Solar patches (some parts were renamed)

* catch exceptions on rescale

* survive duplicate part config

v2.1

• * recompile
    * new stock part

v2.0.1

• restored maxThrust exponent to fix the editor CoT display
  • added patch for new KIS container
  • survive mistyped scaleTypes

v2.0

• recompile for KSP 1.0
  • new TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR nodes (engines, decouplers, boosters)
  • scale DryCost with the mass exponent if there is no DryCost exponent defined
  • seitch for scaling of crewed parts (defaults to OFF)
  • fuel fraction of tanks is now preserved [breaking]
  • move part patches into their own directory
  • KIS support
  • proper MM switches for mod exponents
  • removed KSPI support (will be distributed with KSPI)
  • scaleExponents for NF-electrical capacitors
  • cleanup of stock scaleExponents
  • support for the new stock modules
  • support for the changed engine modules

Full version history on KerbalStuff

Features

Reveal hidden contents

Scaling Control

You as the author of a part or addon get complete control over which parts you want to offer in which sizes. Should that fuel tank only be available in size 2.5m and 3.75m? Make it so! That RCS thruster on the other hand, could be scalable freely between half regular scale and double regular scale.

Mass Control

For heavy, solid parts, mass increases with the cube of the scale - you scale it in three dimensions, after all. For parts that are a thin layer of aluminium plates over a rigid skeleton - like fairings, crew compartments, empty fuel tanks - mass probably scales closer to the square of the scale.

Control Over Every Feature of a Part

This is not all! Engines can be made more powerful as they increase in size, generators more efficient, and wings more lifty. All by writing a simple config file, and then automatically for all rescalable parts of that type.

How to use

Reveal hidden contents

First add a part that's the wrong size:

NxMyyTK.png

Right click:

BBw1x4M.png

See how it says 3.75m? Well, the command capsule is 2.5m, so let's change it. You do this by pressing the << >> buttons or dragging the slider.

LCEiPHP.png

See how well it fits?

fAF2xsT.png

this mod isnt working for me :( (btw im using ksp 1.1 64 bit does it not work for 64bit?)

11 minutes ago, JeeF said:

I've never been able to rescale most engines when using Realism Overhaul, is there a way around this?

No, it is disabled for RO engines because of issues that occured and would occur if it was enabled. There will be no change to that I think.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Has anyone tested this on 1.2 pre release yet?

yup, and just like most it needs to be properly recompiled against the new 1.2 dll's as things have changed in the references, so it simply cant find what it needs to load ,as what it needs is no longer a KSP dll

3 hours ago, Fredde104 said:

To rescale the parts? Does tweakscale have any other functions?

This is the right post.

The mod is currently broken in 1.2 pre-release.

ALSO, when you tweakscale a part, say a engine or fuel tank, the capacity or thrust (depending on the type of part) increases. The capacity or thrust decreases when you scale a part down.

Edited by InfiniteAtom

17 hours ago, InfiniteAtom said:

This is the right post.

The mod is currently broken in 1.2 pre-release.

ALSO, when you tweakscale a part, say a engine or fuel tank, the capacity or thrust (depending on the type of part) increases. The capacity or thrust decreases when you scale a part down.

Well, i didnt think about that when i wrote that post. My question was, does anyone have/want to share a cfg that enables tweakscale for either hullcam, scansat or both? or does anyone know how to make a file like that?

Also, im running the latest version of this mod on ksp 1.1.3 x64

Edited by Fredde104

9 minutes ago, Fredde104 said:

Well, i didnt think about that when i wrote that post. My question was, does anyone have/want to share a cfg that enables tweakscale for either hullcam, scansat or both? or does anyone know how to make a file like that?

Also, im running the latest version of this mod on ksp 1.1.3 x64

Mod is now fixed, it was broken as of the time I made the post about it being broken. What do you mean tweakscale for hullcam?

47 minutes ago, Fredde104 said:

yes, exactly. no parts from either SCANsat or Hullcam can be scaled in-game, and i lack the knowledge of doing it by tweaking the files, so an existing patch/cfg/community fix/file would be really helpful

I don't know what the Hullcam parts are, SCANsat parts are all scientific payloads, there would be nothing gained by making them bigger and making them smaller would basically just be cheating.  Thus they shouldn't be able to be scaled.

22 minutes ago, Loren Pechtel said:

I don't know what the Hullcam parts are, SCANsat parts are all scientific payloads, there would be nothing gained by making them bigger and making them smaller would basically just be cheating.  Thus they shouldn't be able to be scaled.

People like me, who recreates the real missions with the actual instruments, would find it very useful. i managed to make the scansat parts scalable, jut need a config (or only the code would work as well) for the Hullcam parts

Hey guys sorry if this question has been answered before but when scaling the mass of smothing that's mostly empty space (like cargo bays) should the mass scale be 2 or 3? I beleive it's currently 3 if I wanted to set it at 2 how would I change  that?

2 hours ago, Sresk said:

Hey guys sorry if this question has been answered before but when scaling the mass of smothing that's mostly empty space (like cargo bays) should the mass scale be 2 or 3? I beleive it's currently 3 if I wanted to set it at 2 how would I change  that?

As far as I remember the cargo bays are tweaked to be consistent with stock balance (comparing mk2 and mk3). I'd say anything between 2 and 3 makes sense (so the wall thickness may or may not scale with the part).

For changing you can change the scaletypes of those parts (stack -> stack_square).

9 hours ago, Sresk said:

I eventually went with 2.5. 2 is clearly too low, 3 too high. When I looked at what various mods had done for distinctly sized hollow parts, mind, I tended to get a scale factor around 2.3...