[1.4.x] TweakScale v2.3.12(Apr-16)

pellinor

Hi

Im not sure i i installed one mod for rezizing attachment nodes but i cant find it on here anymore (i forgot the name) and i got so much mods installed.

However, when i reported the bug i also had tweakeverything installed. Maybe this was causing tweakscale to create the bug. I reinstalled everything last night so i will need some time till i get to that rcs wheel who always trips out but there are also other parts affected. But as said need to check if they resurface with the new install. (without tweak everything)

I'll keep you posted!

Thanks for taking time!!

UPDATE:

This is still happening with the stack RW wheel. RW from MRS works without issue. (Tweakeverything is removed)

Edited by ManuxKerb

Hello.

Long time user, first time poster. TS had worked for me flawlessly in the past. Ever since upgrading to the last version it does not work at all. Like it's not even there. With v 1.0.0, it worked somewhat, but some of the scaling on the parts was distorted. With my limited knowledge on the subject, I find no shame in asking for some help. Need any additional info let me know. Thanks in advance.

Warning on KSP start - KSPAPIExtensions incompatible.

Mine should be up to date. Are you sure this does not come from a KAE bundled with another mod?

- - - Updated - - -

Hello.

Long time user, first time poster. TS had worked for me flawlessly in the past. Ever since upgrading to the last version it does not work at all. Like it's not even there. With v 1.0.0, it worked somewhat, but some of the scaling on the parts was distorted. With my limited knowledge on the subject, I find no shame in asking for some help. Need any additional info let me know. Thanks in advance.

This sounds like a messed up install, missing moduleManager or some conflict with other mods. The clean way to upgrade a mod is to completely delete it and then install the new version. For debugging things like this I keep a stock install net to my modded KSP, so I can test mods on their own.

- - - Updated - - -

and i got so much mods installed.

With this setup there is nothing I can do other than tell that TweakScale alone does not break that node for me.

Mine should be up to date. Are you sure this does not come from a KAE bundled with another mod?

Thank you, problem was in kOS.

I replaced it KSPAPIExtension.dll dll of this mod and everything was fine now.

I have to report testing progress of tracking a down a bug/bee of using TweakScale together with nuFAR:

I have found out how to trigger it. It happenes when CTRL + Z is used to revert changes to a craft. From that point onwards nuFAR doesn't know what to use to calculate lift. From behavior I presume it uses the 100% scale part as reference even though I have it rescaled at a different size.

I'm at a loss what would cause such behavior. On Ferram4's thread I posted about that too today. nuFAR gets the correct mesh, but having a scaled part on the craft and then using CTRL + Z revert changes to it makes the lift calculation go bonkers.

I'll test this further to see whether or not I can track this bug/bee down further.

4plains

I have to report testing progress of tracking a down a bug/bee of using TweakScale together with nuFAR:

I have found out how to trigger it. It happenes when CTRL + Z is used to revert changes to a craft. From that point onwards nuFAR doesn't know what to use to calculate lift. From behavior I presume it uses the 100% scale part as reference even though I have it rescaled at a different size.

I'm at a loss what would cause such behavior. On Ferram4's thread I posted about that too today. nuFAR gets the correct mesh, but having a scaled part on the craft and then using CTRL + Z revert changes to it makes the lift calculation go bonkers.

I'll test this further to see whether or not I can track this bug/bee down further.

4plains

That already makes things clearer. So what happens at ctrl-z? For me the lag seems to depend on vessel size but not on the size of the reverted change. So it probably is like (or close to) loading a saved vessel.

The cause of the known 'camera bug' (see first page) probably is that some things are done in different order on launch vs on quicksave/revert. Maybe something similar is happening here? The camera bug is also connected to scale changes being lost (but in that case the visual size is lost, and it happens only in flight).

Edited by pellinor

That already makes things clearer. So what happens at ctrl-z? For me the lag seems to depend on vessel size but not on the size of the reverted change. So it probably is like (or close to) loading a saved vessel.

The cause of the known 'camera bug' (see first page) probably is that some things are done in different order on launch vs on quicksave/revert. Maybe something similar is happening here? The camera bug is also connected to scale changes being lost (but in that case the visual size is lost, and it happens only in flight).

Visual Mesh is fine. It also displays the scale correctly when right clicked. nuFAR treats the part as having 100% scale instead of usually having 400% in my case as I'm upscaling smaller wings because of their smooth shaped meshes.

nuFAR just updated from 15.0 "Euler" to 15.1 "Fanno". I'll test if I can reproduce the bug there too.

I'll further test if quicksaving/loading messes up things too as well as loading a vessel with scaled parts in the editor.

Results will be posted here when I have them. [Testing finished]

Restults:

I have not been able to reproduce the bug as of yet. I've pulled all the strings:

-quicksaving/quickloading

-using CTRL + Z for undoing changes

-wildly scaling parts

If I can still reproduce such a bug in the future, I'll post here again, but for now this bee is squashed. (phew, I'm so happy)

Edited by 4plains

Quick bug report: Modular fuel tanks integration seems to be broken - tweakscale will change the physical size of the fuel tank, but when modular fuel tanks is installed, any the resource amount does not change.

Tantares Space Technologies TweakScale Mod Support configs (Alpha 1.0.0)

Dropbox Download

Link to original post on Tantares thread with details.

It's by no means ready for either bundling with TweakScale, or Tantares. I'd appreciate any feedback. Currently, the cost and resource scaling is my main concern, and almost guaranteed to be wonky.

is it possible to scale the input and output resources from Module "ModuleResourceConverter"?

MODULE
{
name = ModuleResourceConverter
ConverterName = Reactor
StartActionName = Start Reactor
StopActionName = Stop Reactor
FillAmount = 0.99
AutoShutdown = true
GeneratesHeat = true
TemperatureModifier = 80
UseSpecializationBonus = false
DefaultShutoffTemp = 0.8

INPUT_RESOURCE
{
ResourceName = Uraninite
Ratio = 0.00001875
FlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
}

OUTPUT_RESOURCE
{
ResourceName = ElectricCharge
Ratio = 50
DumpExcess = false
}
}

I think TweakScale breaks my air intakes.

EDIT: just so you know, the bug does not occur if tweakscale is not installed.

Modlist:

EDIT: from KSP AVC

KSP: 1.0.2 (Win32) - Unity: 4.6.4f1 - OS: Windows 8.1 (6.3.9600) 64bit

Filter Extensions - 2.1.1

Community Resource Pack - 0.4.1

Editor Extensions - 2.7

Firespitter - 7.1.1

Fuel Tanks Plus - 0.8.2

RasterPropMonitor - 0.19.3

Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.0.16.6

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

Pilot Assistant - 1.8

QuickRevert - 2.0

QuickSearch - 1.1.2

TAC Fuel Balancer - 2.5.1.7

TweakScale - 2.1

When I try to attach air intakes, they don't show up, even though kerbal engineer tells me there's now intake air in the craft. the intake stays "picked up", and if i delete it, the intake air vanishes again. If i attempt to attach an intake via attachment nodes, the node vanishes, as if there's a part there(haven't tested if it stays with part clipping enabled, though). EDIT: I can't put the intake down, though, and there are weird side effects at times, like my controls locking up(I can't leave the SPH(not tested in the VAB), because me clicking on "save and exit" or "don't save" is ignored), and if im launch the craft, i end up focusing the sun, the craft nowhere to be found, not moving and the direction markers on the navball all in one spot).

Edited by blub01

Hello all,

Got a problem with heat shields, if I resize a heat shield the game crash after reentry (after the burn stops), if I don't resize them all ok.

Here is the data:

KSP: 1.0.2 (Win32) OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

Filter Extensions - 2.1.2

USI Tools - 0.4.1

Chatterer - 0.9.1.86

Community Resource Pack - 0.4.2

Deadly Reentry - 7.0.1

Firespitter - 7.1.2

Interstellar Fuel Switch - 1.2

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

Infernal Robots - 0.21.2

ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.0

RealChute - 1.3.2.3

SCANsat - 1.1.2

TAC Fuel Balancer - 2.5.1.7

TAC Self Destruct - 1.5.1.8

TAC Life Support - 0.11.1.20

Alternate Resource Panel - 2.7.1

TweakScale - 2.1

USI Exploration Pack - 0.4.1

Karbonite - 0.6.2

MKS - 0.30.1

USI Alcubierre Drive - 0.2.1

KSP Interstellar Extended - 1.1.5

Here is the log if you like to see

http://www.custume-server.com/up/uploads/2015-05-17_094656.7z

Best regards

Got a problem with heat shields, if I resize a heat shield the game crash after reentry (after the burn stops), if I don't resize them all ok.

Here is the log if you like to see

http://www.custume-server.com/up/uploads/2015-05-17_094656.7z

Your install does not seem very stable. There is quite a collection of errors and exceptions, none of which points directly at TweakScale.

[KSP Interstellar] Exception caught adding to: kerbalEVA_RD part: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at PartModuleList.Add (.PartModule module) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at FNPlugin.PluginHelper.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[KSP Interstellar] Exception caught adding to: FNSmallerAugmentedArcjet part: System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[ModuleInfo] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Error: Empty part config file

Texture load error in 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\Parts\Legacy\dockingwasher_free\washer.dds'

Model load error in 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\ExpPack\AES\Spaces\AES_Internal.mu'

InsterstellarFuelSwitch: error parsing resource amount 8/0: '128000': ''

ERROR IN MKSModuleOnLoad - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Anyone else had problems related to heatShields? To be honest, I haven't used them in play yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Where can I find a list of all the MM .cfg file syntax for Tweakscale?

What exactly are you looking for? For anything specific, it is probably best to ask here. For MM syntax in general, in th MM thread or -Wiki. If you want to write a TweakScale config, a good start is to copy from the .cfg files that come with TweakScale.

Tantares Space Technologies TweakScale Mod Support configs (Alpha 1.0.0)

Dropbox Download

Link to original post on Tantares thread with details.

It's by no means ready for either bundling with TweakScale, or Tantares. I'd appreciate any feedback. Currently, the cost and resource scaling is my main concern, and almost guaranteed to be wonky.

You put quite some effort in setting up scaling restrictions, which clashes a bit with the liberal style of the default TweakScale configs. I do also see some demand for an alternate "non-cheaty" version of the configs that fits better with realism and/or career mode, if someone is willing to put in the effort to create and maintain it. So far, I think the biggest problem is the increased complexity of such a configuration. Your large collection of scaleTypes for a pretty small part mod shows this quite well.

@resource scaling: I think scaling them with volume seems very reasonable for almost all applications.

@cost scaling: I haven't completely balanced cost, because changing it is not as breaking as changing physical properties. My current philosophy is that cost usually scales with mass, and if some category of parts shall be different a TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR is a maintenance friendly way to do it.

@scaleTypes: I don't see what Tantares_SurfAttatch is good for because it is the same as Tantares_Default.

- - - Updated - - -

is it possible to scale the input and output resources from Module "ModuleResourceConverter"?

The stock ISRU converter already scales well:

TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS
{
name = ModuleResourceConverter
EfficiencyBonus = 3
}

- - - Updated - - -

When I try to attach air intakes, they don't show up, even though kerbal engineer tells me there's now intake air in the craft. the intake stays "picked up", and if i delete it, the intake air vanishes again. If i attempt to attach an intake via attachment nodes, the node vanishes, as if there's a part there(haven't tested if it stays with part clipping enabled, though). EDIT: I can't put the intake down, though, and there are weird side effects at times, like my controls locking up(I can't leave the SPH(not tested in the VAB), because me clicking on "save and exit" or "don't save" is ignored), and if im launch the craft, i end up focusing the sun, the craft nowhere to be found, not moving and the direction markers on the navball all in one spot).

Any errors or exceptions in the log? Vanishing nodes usually mean that code is skipped on part attach because of an unhandled exception (that does not need to originate from TweakScale.

You put quite some effort in setting up scaling restrictions, which clashes a bit with the liberal style of the default TweakScale configs. I do also see some demand for an alternate "non-cheaty" version of the configs that fits better with realism and/or career mode, if someone is willing to put in the effort to create and maintain it. So far, I think the biggest problem is the increased complexity of such a configuration. Your large collection of scaleTypes for a pretty small part mod shows this quite well.

@resource scaling: I think scaling them with volume seems very reasonable for almost all applications.

@cost scaling: I haven't completely balanced cost, because changing it is not as breaking as changing physical properties. My current philosophy is that cost usually scales with mass, and if some category of parts shall be different a TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR is a maintenance friendly way to do it.

@scaleTypes: I don't see what Tantares_SurfAttatch is good for because it is the same as Tantares_Default.

First of all, I appreciate you taking a good look at it. Thanks.

@resource scaling: Because I'm new to this, does TweakScale attempt to rescale by volume (for fuel tanks at least) by default, or do I need to specify parameters for this?

@cost scaling: My theory on this is to err on the lower side in terms of cost scaling. I don't want to scale the cost all that much. Increased complexity is what drives up price most IRL, not so much with scale. I don't think there needs to be a big differece in cost between different sized tanks. Different sized engines however, that I would like to increase with the scale. I'm thinking in a scale that matches the percent scaled in size. Ex. $100 1.25m engine, $150 1.875m engine, $200 2.5m engine, etc.

@scaleTypes: Yup. Neither do I. I made Tantares_Default just to have default, and early on in the writing, Tantares_SurfAttatch had different scales. They ended up becoming the same thing eventually.

Yup. Tightly controlling the scaling factors for each part is tedious, but doable. I'm definitely going to reduce the number of scale types if I can. The user won't care, but it'll make it easier to maintain for me in the future. My basic design goals are:

• Scaling pods is allowed, but the hatch can never be smaller than a Kerbal could fit through within reason. Larger hatches are ok, as long as it doesn't look ridiculusly over-sized.
  • Solar panels, antenna, and other greeble should scale with whatever parts they were originally meant to be attatched to. For example, because the 1x4 Soyuz solar panels were designed to be mounted on the 1.25m Soyuz SM, the solar panels are called 1.25m panels at their default scale. I don't like % scaling, as it gives the "cheaty" feeling some complain about.
  • Part cost increases between sizes should be minimal, but present.
  • Tech Tree unlocks for different scales. Not even sure where to begin here. Heh

I'm about to get back into IRL Summer courses here, so my time will be more restricted unfortunately. I'll probably push one or two more updates, and at least get the thing stable. It allows me to do most of the things I designed it for, I just want to make sure it's fun and useful for other players as well.

Random observation of the day: the scale-reverting bug for the root part is reversible. I already knew that it does not corrupt the save file. Now doint lots of KIS-tinkering in flight, I noticed that if the part is no longer the root part (like sometimes after docking), it will look fine after the next load.

- - - Updated - - -

@cost scaling: My theory on this is to err on the lower side in terms of cost scaling.

When you allow up- and downscaling, there is no 'lower side'. Compared to stock behavior, a higher exponent will make small parts cheaper and large parts more expensive. So you will recognize the right scaling by the fact the both up-and downscaled parts have reasonable values.

@part cost increases should be minimal: just be careful not to break the stock balance (unless you also change that). In stock, a large tank or engine is not that much cheaper than a pile of smaller parts with the same performance. for me, errors here feel much more 'cheaty' than a large solar panel that is equivalent to several small ones (in all aspects but part count).

@resource scaling: look into scaleExponents.cfg. Unless you override them, you get the defaults defined there.

Any errors or exceptions in the log? Vanishing nodes usually mean that code is skipped on part attach because of an unhandled exception (that does not need to originate from TweakScale.

Here is the output log:

link

Your install does not seem very stable. There is quite a collection of errors and exceptions, none of which points directly at TweakScale.

[KSP Interstellar] Exception caught adding to: kerbalEVA_RD part: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at PartModuleList.Add (.PartModule module) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[KSP Interstellar] Exception caught adding to: FNSmallerAugmentedArcjet part: System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[ModuleInfo] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Error: Empty part config file

Texture load error in 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\Parts\Legacy\dockingwasher_free\washer.dds'

Model load error in 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\ExpPack\AES\Spaces\AES_Internal.mu'

InsterstellarFuelSwitch: error parsing resource amount 8/0: '128000': ''

ERROR IN MKSModuleOnLoad - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Anyone else had problems related to heatShields? To be honest, I haven't used them in play yet.

I have check the other mods, they are working ok, some are fresh and there are a couple of errors but no crash´s, the only one crashing the game at the moment is this.

And is only after reentry, the game slows down a lot them crash, looks like a bad texture or something, the only thing that made me look at this mod was the abrasive stuff not lowering, if I don't resize it shows the correct use.

Best regards

PS, im only using squad parts in the ship, the only extras ones (lest call it that) are the heat shield, the parachute, the MJ and nothing more all other parts are squad stock.

PS,S : and another thing strange is the heat shield looks likes is separated from the rest of the ship during reentry, the Ablator stuff is not use and the fire trail burns all in the protective side of the heat shield (so not doing anything), if I use the deadly reentry heat shield they do the same, is like the game don't know what to do with it.

I think is related with the size of the part (more the attachment point that the part it self) if a resize a part, then load the ship back and grab the part the attachment point is in the same position that the original part, maybe that's the problem no !?!?!?.

Edited by custume

Here is the output log:link

Looks like a TweakScale module does not find the config node of its own part. No idea what is wrong there, and I cannot reproduce it at the moment. I am testing with KER, TweakScale and the stock intakes.

that's the modlist CKAN gives me(apparently KSP AVC ignores everything that adds only parts or something like that):

Bahamuto Dynamics

BahamutoD Animation Modules

BahamutoD's Armory

Community Resource Pack

Crogenic Engines

Dr. Jet's Chop Chop

Editor Extensions

Endurance Space Exploration System

EVAManager

Filter Extensions

Firespitter Core

Fuel Tanks Plus

Heat Management

HyperEdit

Interstellar Fuel Switch

KAE - KSPAPIExtensions

KAX

Kerbal Egnineer Redux

Kerbal Flight Indicators

KSP AVC

MechJeb2

MechJeb and Engineer for all!

Menu Stabilizer

Modular Fuel Tanks

Module Manager

ModuleRCSFX

Pilot Assistant

QuickRevert

QuickSearch

QuizTech Aero Pack

Radial Engine Mounts by PanaTee Parts International

RasterPropMonitorCore

TAC Fuel Balancer

ToadicusTools

Toolbar

Also, I installed KSP Interstellar Extended manually - it is the main reasopn i want tweakscale, as it heavily relies upon it.

If needed, I can post the mod versions, too.

EDIT : I get the bug without any other mods installed, on a completely new save.

Edited by blub01