[1.4.x] TweakScale v2.3.12(Apr-16)

pellinor

EDIT : I get the bug without any other mods installed, on a completely new save.

So just stock and a fresh copy of TweakScale 2.1 (i.e. not copied over an older version, or stuff that other mods might have placed in the TweakScale folder)?

About the long mod list, I was just about to ask you to narrow it down to fewer mods, because it is hard to reproduce things when it involves too many mods that I don't use myself.

Let me point you to the issue I had and that what fixed it was removing TweakScale (something I was loathe to do, as I am VERY fond of it). This issue occurred to some other person back in 2012 (finding that post saved my sanity but not my love of parenthetical asides). The problem was with decouplers displaying their animation and putting a blank icon in the staging arranger. My full post, including links to the outputlog, list of mods and versions, and the ksp.txt right after a reproduction of the event. There are also two links to pics of the issue happening not only in VAB but on the launch pad. Other details are in the post.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/122152-Decoupler-animation-plays-in-VAB-and-there-s-more

Pellinor I obtusely credited Toadicus with Tweakscale in my reply in which I said I had fixed the issue and would let him know about it. Sorry about that. I'm sure I'll get more corrections on that than comments on my actual problem! Best go edit... great work, by the way. Sorry to bring up a bug. It may be some other mod not playing nice.

Let me point you to the issue I had and that what fixed it was removing TweakScale (something I was loathe to do, as I am VERY fond of it). This issue occurred to some other person back in 2012 (finding that post saved my sanity but not my love of parenthetical asides). The problem was with decouplers displaying their animation and putting a blank icon in the staging arranger. My full post, including links to the outputlog, list of mods and versions, and the ksp.txt right after a reproduction of the event. There are also two links to pics of the issue happening not only in VAB but on the launch pad. Other details are in the post.

The log is full of exceptions from a variety of mods (though I haven't found any from TweakScale yet), so I would not consider this a stable install. In my understanding this sort of animations playing in the editor is often a symptom of code being skipped after an exception.

* If TweakScale is among the mods needed to triger the bug, the first thing I would try is removing the tweakScale module of the part in question. There might also be some config problem with the part (like conflicting patches from TweakScale, other mods or your own custom patches).

* TweakScale and TweakableEverything can have problems together so you might not want to apply modules from both mods to the same part. TweakableEverything also had a couple of exceptions in the log.

hm, my issue with intakes might be fixed when i remove that tweakScale module of the part. now i just need tom figure out how to do it.

here is a log of me creating a new world, going into the EDIT:VAB SPH of course, trying to attach a circular intake to a mk1 command pod on the small node in the SPH, and then exiting the game.

Edited by blub01

Searching for the part in question, I found these two lines in the log:

Config(PART) Squad/Parts/Utility/CircularIntake/circularIntake/CircularIntake
Config(PART) Squad/Parts/Aero/circularIntake/circularIntake/CircularIntake

It looks like there are two parts with that name, which surely is not a valid state. Maybe something messed up by a steam update? In my install only the one from Aero exists. Please try if removing the other one solves your issue.

EDIT: with the duplicated part I can reproduce your issue, so probably this was the cause.

Edited by pellinor

now that i think of it.. i was kinda confused when the old intakes were still there, but i THINK i've seen it in EnterElysium's youtube series, too. Maybe it confuses tweakscale?

EDIT: found the double air intakes, once in the aero folder and once in the utility folder. gotta look what's the new ones now.

EDIT2:That's it! i deleted the double of the circular intake, and it's attachable now. the intakes i didn't fix yet still don't work. so that's apparently the issue. gonna fix the rest now.

Edited by blub01

I wish I understood the way the game works half as well as you modderss do. I'm going to do some research and find out what mods are giving me exceptions and then figure out what that means and what to DO about it. :) I know that after I uninstalled tweakscale everything started working, but I also know that correlation is not necessarily causation. Another mod playing poorly with Tweakscale might be the culprit and when Tweakscale was removed it had the playground to itself, maybe laying in wait for a new victim. I'll take your advice, and I appreciate your time. Just today a new release of TweakableEverything appeared to cause some issues. I am reverting to the previous build, and seeing if that helps. If not, I'll remove it.

What part of the forums might have an good answer to 'what are exceptions and what do I do about them?' I won't ask for a answer here, as that is off topic, but I'll go so far as to request a hint as to where to look.

Thanks Pellinor. I really enjoy this mod, and appreciate the work you put in on it. I'm learning C# right now in hopes of eventually knowing enough to mod this game, a game which is now more hobby than just a game I play to relax.

Edited by yithpistol

What part of the forums might have an good answer to 'what are exceptions and what do I do about them?' I won't ask for a answer here, as that is off topic, but I'll go so far as to request a hint as to where to look.

The first thing I do is usually to take the log and do a text search for "exception". Exceptions are not KSP specific but a general modern programming concept, you'll probably stumble on them when learning c#. For testing in KSP the important thing is that they appear in the log with a 'call stack', telling what was the problem and where in the code it occured.

It seems the big shuttle strake wing doesn't have a tweakscale patch. I searched this and the dev thread and don't see anything so not sure its been noticed yet.

Thanks, Patch included in the dev version.

The resource amount in stock parts seems to not scale for me, see screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/R7U3MZb.png. I scaled the Jumbo-64 tank to 3.75m but the fuel amount is still the same, and the weight increased 10t. How can I fix this? Here's my mod list: http://pastebin.com/7exWgiwC. Thanks!

Edit:

K7I44My.png

This seems to fix the problem.

Edited by AmethystZhou

The resource amount in stock parts seems to not scale for me, see screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/R7U3MZb.png. I scaled the Jumbo-64 tank to 3.75m but the fuel amount is still the same, and the weight increased 10t. How can I fix this? Here's my mod list: http://pastebin.com/7exWgiwC. Thanks!

Edit:

http://i.imgur.com/K7I44My.png

This seems to fix the problem.

Your screenshot looks like MFT/realFuels, which do their own tweakscale support. If you use one of those, please ask there. My guess is that your change broke the ignore option, which is there for a reason and will cause other bad things in those mods.

EDIT: I can't find them in your modlist, so what mod is making those extra lines in the right click menu?

Edited by pellinor

Hi there, so I have an issue with Tweakscale and tweakable everythings together.. so I had them both running just fine with a bunch of mods and I decided I wanted to start a new career with different mods installed, so I uninstalled them all and put the ones I want back in, including tweakscale and tweakable everything.. and now those two wont work at all..

I am coming here soley for the help with tweakscale but I have tried everything, from disabling all of the mods so its just that one, to even reinstalling KSP and even tweakscale and no dice.. I noticed I was able to scale the IR parts but NONE of the stock parts even have the option anymore :/

Hi there, so I have an issue with Tweakscale and tweakable everythings together.. so I had them both running just fine with a bunch of mods and I decided I wanted to start a new career with different mods installed, so I uninstalled them all and put the ones I want back in, including tweakscale and tweakable everything.. and now those two wont work at all..

I am coming here soley for the help with tweakscale but I have tried everything, from disabling all of the mods so its just that one, to even reinstalling KSP and even tweakscale and no dice.. I noticed I was able to scale the IR parts but NONE of the stock parts even have the option anymore :/

No part scaling sounds like a messed up install. TweakScale and tweakableEverything do not play well together, so stats might be off when you have both modules on the same part. Other than that they do not break anything.

'Disabling' mods? If you use some mod manager, note that this might also mess up your install.

This is probably just a minor issue, but is anyone having issues scaling the Mk3 cockpit?

I removed its TweakScale module because there were issues in the editor. However, in my current dev version it seems to behave (except for some warnings for scaling KIS seat-inventories).

No part scaling sounds like a messed up install. TweakScale and tweakableEverything do not play well together, so stats might be off when you have both modules on the same part. Other than that they do not break anything.

'Disabling' mods? If you use some mod manager, note that this might also mess up your install.

So first off I had them both together working fine, and I am positive I didn't change the file structure at all of them..

as far as 'Disabling' mods, yes I use a manager, JGSME but it has never once caused me this problem. I have actually never had a problem with tweakscale and tweakable everything working until now... I am going to try just tweakscale.

So just tried just tweaskscale and nothing, no chance to change the scale at all.. let me redownload and try.

EDIT:

So I just tested Tweakscale. At first by itself, nothing could be scaled.... then I installed Internal Robotics again, and I was able to scale ONLY IR parts not the stock ones. And tried installing it with tweakables before and neither would work again.. I have no clue whats happening :/ I litterally had it work fine, had a reinstall of KSP and now it wont work and its the only one that wont.

Nevermind, figured it out, so apparently I deleted the source from TweakableEverythings and it makes neither of them work??..

Edited by SpaceSmith

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this... I've got a set of wheels (the KF wheels, in which I implemented the original TweakScale options for, which worked fine with the same scale type setup a while back) and at least from the launch of 1.0.2 of kSP and onward I am getting not only no option to scale them, but the place where the scale would be is replaced by a blank entry. What I mean is the context menu has a blank spot in it where I believe it is trying to render the scale slider and failing. In addition to this, the log is spammed with: "ItemPrefab for control type 'UI_ChooseOption' not found." Now I did some digging of my own and 'UI_ChooseOption' is a KSPAPIExtensions thing which, when browsing that DLL, in the version specified by the references for TweakScale's DLL, the item does in fact exist. What's even more irritating is that the same scale type options for another part type (the KF repulsors) works perfectly fine. I'm about ready to pull my hair out trying to fix this. Has some form of game-changing modification been done to how the scale type has to be defined in order for this mod to continue working as it has in the past?

I believe if you bury a TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS node in the module definition, or at the very least bury one inside a SCALETYPE node, which modifies the same thing as the default exponents, it will override the default with no issues. I use that in some of my scaletypes. I recently remade all my scaletypes and extracted all my exponents into root exponent nodes, which reduces the redundancy in the scaletype configs. However, for one of my scaletypes, I need a specific value to be defined differently and so overrode that within the scaletype by sticking the same named exponent node inside that scaletype.

So, to simplify things, you can stick a TWEAKSCALEEXPONENTS node either as a root node, or embedded inside a SCALETYPE or embedded inside of the TweakScale MODULE node in the part config. I think the part config overrides the scaletype, and the scaletype overrides the root node definition. Anyone want to correct me anywhere?

not entirely sure if this would work, but trying it, and maybe some help :P

so i installed tweakscale, and deleted all configs (i dont really want to scale things)

i want to make a couple custom configs, to add preset changes to a few specific parts

1st part, mk2 crew cabin (doing this to all similar parts, but need 1 first right? heh)

default crewcapacity is 4

it also has a module from the KeepFit mod

MODULE

{

name = KeepFitPartModule

strActivityLevel = COMFY

}

what i'm trying to do, is have 3 presets

capacity 4, keepfit comfy <-> capacity 5, keepfit neutral <-> capacity 6, keepfit cramped

to be clear, i do not want to change the size, resources, etc

mass/cost i dont mind changing VERY slightly, as a bonus :) like each step adds 0.1 mass, 200 cost

how would i go around this?

not entirely sure if this would work, but trying it, and maybe some help :P

so i installed tweakscale, and deleted all configs (i dont really want to scale things)

i want to make a couple custom configs, to add preset changes to a few specific parts

1st part, mk2 crew cabin (doing this to all similar parts, but need 1 first right? heh)

default crewcapacity is 4

it also has a module from the KeepFit mod

MODULE

{

name = KeepFitPartModule

strActivityLevel = COMFY

}

what i'm trying to do, is have 3 presets

capacity 4, keepfit comfy <-> capacity 5, keepfit neutral <-> capacity 6, keepfit cramped

to be clear, i do not want to change the size, resources, etc

mass/cost i dont mind changing VERY slightly, as a bonus :) like each step adds 0.1 mass, 200 cost

how would i go around this?

You can't change crew capacities, that will break the internals.

I suppose, without the internal, creating a scaletype with three scale factors that are all identical to the default scale, and creating an explicit exponent modifier for it, might work. However, I'm unsure of the exponent modifier system can set exact numbers like that. I also do not think TweakScale can modify strings in that way. I would probably look into grabbing the source for one of the fuel switchers and trying to rewrite the code to handle crew capacities instead of fuel.

Sorry if this has already been reported, but it looks like parts are considered at their default scale for purposes of drag computation.

Steps to repro: Build a 1.25m rocket body, and put a KS-25x4 "Mammoth" engine on it, tweakscaled to 1.25m. Sea level thrust should be 1/9 of 3746kN = ~416kN. Fly the rocket, observe it can't accelerate past about 300m/s at low altitudes despite the high thrust. F12 to see a very long red drag line.

Replace the scaled mammoth with an LV-T30, observe that with half the thrust it has no trouble accelerating past 1000m/s. F12 to see no substantial drag line from the engine.

It seems like the drag model still has the engine being 3.75m diameter, so you're trying to fly a supersonic piston head.

I couldn't find an "issues" link in pellinor's github, so I created an issue in Biotronic's. https://github.com/Biotronic/TweakScale/issues/35