Spice Launch System [SLS] 0.74

maccollo

Come again? They work perfectly fine in stock. Only a few features won't show up in stock, like the thrust curve to mention one. Also you would need to add a freescale module or adjust the config file to get the proper thrust out of them, if not, they are way OP for stock.

What would a good thrust number be for them in stock?

Hey, I think you should provide BOTH the Saturn V varient colors fuel tank AND the orange shuttle-like tank. One for each of the parties!

If it's not too much work, I hope you can do this too! Aesthetically, the white looks better to me. In KSP, paint doesn't weigh anything :)

You are not pleased with your effort? You didn't really say this maccollo, did you!? Those textures are absolutely fantastic! If you are not pleased with them, I want to see with what textures you are pleased!

+REP

EDIT: Damn, I need to spread some rep to some other guys before I can give you rep again! Sorry;.;

Of course he isn't satisfied. He's crazy:

:)

Edited by Nutt007

If it's not too much work, I hope you can do this too! Aesthetically, the white looks better to me. In KSP, paint doesn't weigh anything :)

I might do this after making all the other missing parts :)

Still getting to terms with the KSP mod workflow. I managed to get the core parts into the game, but I can't figure out how to get the parts to share the textures. For some reason, if I have a folder with two models, one set of textures, and two part configs the game will choose one of the models for both parts, even though the model path is correctly set, while the rest properties are correct. So my core parts are using duplicate textures at the moment.

SLScoreTankAndBoosters.jpg

I'm working on a mod called Constellation Essentials Continued, and I love your SLS booster. Could I have permission to re-distribute it (with the stock config)?

Also I'd love it if you'd make me an Ares.

Edited by _Augustus_

And you are using the MODEL node in the part.cfg correctly? For example:

You have one mod folder called "Kartoffelkuchen" in your GameData folder. In the "Kartoffelkuchen" folder you have another folder called Parts with two model files in it, one is called "A" and the other "B". You also have to different part configs, one called "A" and one "B". And you also have one texture, let's call it "Orange". All those things are in one folder. In Unity, the texture for both models also has to get applied to the models, meaning that model A needs to have the Orange texture and also Model B needs to have the orange texture. In your A.cfg then you enter this:

MODEL

{

model = Kartoffelkuchen/Parts/A

}

and for B.cfg

MODEL

{

model = Kartoffelkuchen/Parts/B

}

Then everything should work.

I'm working on a mod called Constellation Essentials Continued, and I love your SLS booster. Could I have permission to re-distribute it (with the stock config)?

Also I'd love it if you'd make me an Ares.

You should keep this sort of thing out of the public forum, and only in private messages. It might come off as a little rude to some people.

Edited by RobotsAndSpaceships

I also request the SLS Block II Advanced boosters

Z4171.jpg

The advanced boosters pictured there are generic designs used for NASA SLS concepts, probably because they don't want to favor one company and show their design or something. The actual advanced boosters are mostly likely to be Dynetics/Aerojet Rocketdyne's Pyrios with the dual F-1B engines, Orbital ATK's Dark Knights SRB, or Aerojet Rocketdyne's liquid rocket boosters. There's also a Northrop Grumman design and probably a few others. Here's some PDF's with concept images of some various advanced booster concepts. :)

http://www.asee.org/Crumbly_ASEE_Final.pdf

http://smdsymposium.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Crumbly-presentation.pdf

If you guys want I will make 4 segmented version. I mean 95% of the work is already done anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please? and could you also submit the 4 segment booster to the CSS group? I think it works a LOT better than the ones they are using now (which I do not care for)

The advanced boosters pictured there are generic designs used for NASA SLS concepts, probably because they don't want to favor one company and show their design or something. The actual advanced boosters are mostly likely to be Dynetics/Aerojet Rocketdyne's Pyrios with the dual F-1B engines, Orbital ATK's Dark Knights SRB, or Aerojet Rocketdyne's liquid rocket boosters.

I think it's been decided that ATK will also make the advanced SRBs.

There was never any question that the advanced boosters were going to be big solid rockets built by ATK.

Did you read the PDF files? You should  they're quite interesting! :) I don't think NASA has decided who will build the advanced boosters yet, but I think it might be later this year. ATK (now Orbital ATK) is a contender with its "Dark Knights" boosters, but there's also Dynetics/Aerojet Rocketdyne, Northrop Grumman, and Aerojet Rocketdyne's designs.

Cheers

Did you read the PDF files? You should  they're quite interesting! :) I don't think NASA has decided who will build the advanced boosters yet, but I think it might be later this year. ATK (now Orbital ATK) is a contender with its "Dark Knights" boosters, but there's also Dynetics/Aerojet Rocketdyne, Northrop Grumman, and Aerojet Rocketdyne's designs.

Cheers

Oh yeah I've read thru that stuff. Boosters with F1s would be super awesome, but what I meant is that most of those concepts were never seriously considered. Mostly cause it would require new kerosene infrastructure at the pad, modifications to the launch platform, and all that boring accounting stuff. Pragmatically solids were the only choice - and that's if Block II even flies. Block IB will likely be NASA's super-heavy launch vehicle for many decades.

The consensus among those who appear to know what they are saying there will be no booster competition, and if we get better/bigger boosters it will be the ATK composite solids.

Also, I recently learned that there are only enough steel cases for 8 boosters, so it's going to need new boosters in about 10 years. If I had known this when I began making this mod I would actually have started with the Dark Knight boosters since I'm actually making this to create a more reasonable Mars mission.

One thing I would like to request, is a realplume config, I'm would do it myself, but I'm currently working on one for AIES.

Oh dear... I can barely put these parts in the game as it is without fumbling all over the place. Maybe later?

Speaking of fumbling, I just managed to put the proper tank definitions into the game, and now I got the core stage flying on hydrolox power!

SLScoreTankAndBoosters2.jpg

WEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Edited by maccollo

Oh dear... I can barely put these parts in the game as it is without fumbling all over the place. Maybe later?

Speaking of fumbling, I just managed to put the proper tank definitions into the game, and now I got the core stage flying on hydrolox power!

Sure, they're kinda daunting at first, but once you get the hang of them, it's easy. Also, why does the part name have spaces in it? I'm pretty sure that will prevent modulemanager patches from being applied to it, which could be an issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.