[Think Tank/ Your Opinions/ WIP] Space station structural parts (name is WIP)

Rhyunix

Hi all,

I've missed this game for around 4 months, but the thing I found annoying before, when I did play, was the lack of structural space station parts- they didn't feel meaty- and few mods had parts that I liked. So, with my limited experience and the many guides on this forum, I think I can make some parts for fun.

So I threw together this mood board on the ideas I'm thinking of:

iAs1hV8.jpg

Most of it is taken either from concept from NASA or real life space station parts. A common theme is octagons, which I like.

So, if this page takes off, my project is go, but in the mean time:

What do you think of the idea?

Thanks,

Rhyunix

Edited by Rhyunix

I've always wanted more structural parts, I haven't seen that many realistic ones, mostly only stock-alike ones.

While I don't play for realism, i'm sure more structural parts would probably be useful for those that do.

I like this idea. :)

Thanks Kerbiloid, this is helpful, since I didn't know what mods had done what- personally, none of them have fully covered what I'd like to see, but near future has some designs which are similar- I'll go ahead with this, but I'd like to see if anyone else would like this

Interesting mods, but many use hexagons, and I want octagons!! :D

Anyhow, I will add concept drawing later

*apologies, edited octagons in the first post

Edited by Rhyunix

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New model I'm making in blender for a structural part, with this post I'd say this is now a developing mod so I ask, please, that the moderators move this to the appropriate section.

71OIljp.png

Love you mods :)

I did try it, but it wouldn't work, got weird and wonderful shapes though :rolleyes: Did it manually instead, one face by one...

Not sure whether to go for shiny or not, I also don't know how to go about making a shiny part- thinking either this:

image26.jpg

Or this

d86e4de4e91c4e4e4a80bdd86a2600b9.jpg

*Update* I've figured out how to do shiny now, so I'm going to mix and match

Edited by Rhyunix

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.