Mk 2.5 fuselage expension (V0.1 released on 25/03/2015)

BenjiGH

This mod is made for the one who love making twin engine fighter but who don't like the Mk2 bicoupler.

It will add a set of part witch look like two Mk1 fuselage stick together with the texture of the Mk2 set

mod_mk2_5_fuselage_presentation_by_benjigh-d8l3evr.png

mk2_5_fuselage_expesion_mod_released_by_benjigh-d8n3kmr.png

Here are the three first parts I've modeled (from left to right: Mk2.5 air intake fuselage (still have to import in unity),Mk2.5 fuselage (lf) and Mk2.5-Mk2 adaptor)

There are only three parts for now but I'm open to suggestions

Planned parts:

Mk2.5-Mk1 adapter

Mk2.75 fuselage,fuselage+air intake,adapters for Mk1,Mk2 and Mk2.5 (more F-15 style fuselage but with stock textures)

Maybe a cockpit who know?

And some ideas picked up on this thread of course :-)

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p003lnsv78leafu/AACr4EWUe1kkS5tBcLIh5vDta?dl=0

Edited by BenjiGH
Release of version 0.1

The adapter from mk1 to mk2.5 is planned already (with and without air intakes) as well as a short adapter for two mk1

And the b-52 style twin engine is a really good idea

Edited by BenjiGH

Uh, in case you good folks are unaware, B9 has a B-52 style twin engine pod that looks almost identical to that second picture. FYI. :) But of course if you want to make another one that interfaces with these parts, I'm pretty sure no one will complain. Some folks don't like B9 specifically because it has TOO MANY parts (in their opinion), so such a thing in this (currently) much smaller parts pack may hold more appeal.

Anyway, I just thought I'd throw that out there, FWIW. Later! :D

Neutrinovore:

In B9 there are just one jet engine like this but it's true that when you stick two together it look like the one on the photo (at least the last time I used it) and it's true that there are way too many parts in B9, in my opinion they should have divided it in packs

Neutrinovore:

In B9 there are just one jet engine like this but it's true that when you stick two together it look like the one on the photo (at least the last time I used it) and it's true that there are way too many parts in B9, in my opinion they should have divided it in packs

Wait a minute, I was in error before. B9 doesn't have that twin engine pod, you're right. I believe it's in LackLustreLab's SXT pack. Sorry for giving incorrect info. :)

And if you could make an engine like the X33 with it? that would be awesome XD

If you're referring to a linear aerospike, one exists for the Mk2 hull system - it's in Lack's SXT (Stock eXTension) mod. There's a bigger one in OPT Space Plane Parts by K.Yeon.

Edited by Autochton

If you're referring to a linear aerospike, one exists for the Mk2 hull system - it's in Lac's SXT (Stock eXTension) mod. There's a bigger one in OPT Space Plane Parts by K.Yeon.

Yes i know i alreadu have them, but MOAR is better

For the moment I have big issues with the mu export (blender) it don't want to export the texture and when I try with unity it don't import them so the release will take longer than expected :-( but I plan to make a whole set for (space)planes (air intakes,engines,fuselage,cockpit,...)

- - - Updated - - -

Also thanks to sumghai for fixing the image :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I've solved the problem before the release, it was in Unity, my gameobject was not in the center nor the model so when I set the node to be on 0.0 , +-1.5 , 0.0 It was taking the scene in Unity in reference

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.