Mk 2.5 fuselage expension (V0.1 released on 25/03/2015)

BenjiGH

That's the plan but for the screenshot I used a bi coupler and translated it frontward

- - - Updated - - -

Stock textures converted in png the rest is up to the uv map(made it myself thought)

I've tried that, I'm not new to modding ksp, (i have a crap load of them installed (and surprisingly working together)) but i cant seem to get these to work, i even tried in a clean install, but i have to ask now that i think about it, when you say file do you mean folder into gamedata or literally the files themselves?

Edit: So apparently it wasnt extracting it properly and never put the "parts" folder in the "Mk2.5 fuselage expension" folder, and it won't work unless its set up that way, point is i ended up figuring it out and it's working now. :)

Edited by Grease1991

Very nice, will the middle middle have 3 stack nodes on each side?
That's the plan

I'd suggest making a bicoupler of sorts instead, just a very short fuselage section of the same form factor, with one node on the front that connects to a Mk2.5 fuselage, and two 1.25m nodes behind. Open nodes can occasionally have side effects, in particular in FAR/NEAR where they cause drag.

Ok I've fixed that now

- - - Updated - - -

I'd suggest making a bicoupler of sorts instead, just a very short fuselage section of the same form factor, with one node on the front that connects to a Mk2.5 fuselage, and two 1.25m nodes behind. Open nodes can occasionally have side effects, in particular in FAR/NEAR where they cause drag.

It might be also easier to place thanks for the advice

• 1 month later...

The ovoid fuselage section is exactly the part shape I've been looking for...except I need a cargo bay in that form. I know animations are a pain, but do you think that might be a possibility at some point?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
The ovoid fuselage section is exactly the part shape I've been looking for...except I need a cargo bay in that form. I know animations are a pain, but do you think that might be a possibility at some point?

I agree with this.

Also, mk.2.5 nosecone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This Mk2.5 form-factor deserves to be noticed! :)

I can imagine bases built entirely from Mk2.5 - habitation modules, payload bays, many structural adapter variants and such!

So maybe this is not forgotten, maybe it is time to revive Mk2.5 from the ashes? :)

^^
Yeah, too bad it seems abandoned, and worse: there was never a license posted...So it would have to be redone from scratch... :(

Well, at least it was only three simple parts... Maybe someone will pick up the form factor/idea and run with it... ???

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.