Snes

Xannari Ferrows

So I have to know something about you. It involves one of the best consoles of all time...

SNES! How could that not be obvious? I'd like to hear some things from you.

I'd say let's just talk Super Nintendo. Like, what's your favorite game? Why is it your favorite game? Other great games.

And even the failures.

It can also be music. In fact, I'll even let you request songs to be remade on Crescendo. That's what I do anyway.

So anyway, good games, bad games, challenging games, good AND challenging games, graphically advanced games, games with the best music, what's your take?

Don't discount hardware either. That can also be a topic of discussion.

Standout titles on the SNES for me would be:

Street Fighter II - The reason I bought a SNES in the first place, (playing it on the Amiga, swapping disks twice before every match, and only one button, really did not cut it).

Mario Kart

Secret of Mana - Epic Game.

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - My introduction to the Zelda series, what a great game.

I didn't have SNES while it was out. I only had NES(played on other peoples SNES though). I played those japenese games with the mini dudes. I loved the volleyball and the one where you are going through the streets fighting gangs and buying upgrades. I also liked FF and I actually started on an Intelevision! 8) SHARK SHARK & DND FTW!!! I also had an amiga commodore 64! >< Scorched earth and other stuff was fun. then I had a computer based on DOS 6.0/1 with windows 3.1 and did that stuff(and later 98 then an xp system till linux now). Especially adventure games. I loved adventure games!! I stopped with consoles after the PS1 ended(except I, breifly, had an xbox and nintendo 64 and a few things. Those were a waste of money though.). I miss my rpgs!! 8(... The rest was all computer games after that.

I had so many good RPGS on PS1.

Anyone have and play the original FF game. I had that till I sold all my games like an idiot.

Edited by Arugela

So we got variety here!

Super metroid, Street fighter, Mario kart, Secret of mana, Final fantasy, all the good stuff.

To tell the truth, I've never beaten Super metroid. I've always wanted to beat it without a guide, and I've still not accomplished that goal. One day, though!

The legendary RPGs of the NES and SNES. I was never too fond of them, but I did have a few. Final fantasy III was always my favorite.

After listening to the Secret of mana soundtracks again, I feel the sudden urge to play the game... It's gonna consume my life in a few hours, isn't it?

It's like hearing the Battletoads soundtrack and wanting the play the game, attempting, and getting really mad.

Speaking of Battletoads, I can't decide between that and Castlevania. I love Battletoads for it's music and gameplay, but Castlevania for the immersion and gameplay as well. Battletoads and Double Dragon was also a great contender, especially music wise.

Let me tell you what I mean:

The rockin' guitar to set the mood. You feel ready to fry some beastin' bacon.

The smooth groove of the bass. Sets a feeling of "cool." Very fitting.

The chilling organ in the beginning, to be followed by a medieval rock tune accompanied by a bass.

The groovy melody to set the mood. Getting you pumped to boss through the stage, destroying all that gets in your way.

But don't let my ranting side track you. Talk among yourselves!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.