How do I install this Video Card [Please Help]

LostElement

Can't you switch GPU's on the fly? My laptop was able to do that. Or is that a special case?

That is a laptop trick to conserve power. The on board is power efficient and used for 2D work, the discrete card is more power hungry, but useful to crunch vertices. Though modern desktop GPUs are getting pretty good at very low idle power consumptions. The days of having cards chugging along at full speed while only browsing or on the desktop are very much gone.

So it's simple as taking the monitor output cable and plugging into the the GT 630's Input? That will make the computer use that Video card instead of the integrated?

If that does not work you could always have a peek in the BIOS. By disabling the on board chip or enabling the GT 630 you force the system to use the desired chip.

I wish that I had a GT 630... All I've got is Intel Integrated for i7. :( (Really, it's not that bad...)

Depending on which specific i7 and what you want to do that can be somewhat decent or really totally awful.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.