[WIN][1.0.X] KSP x64 Total Unfixer [v2.2 04/08/2015]

Kind of, just 2 files from the Unity 3d Dev installation you can get from Unity. The 64bit exe and mono.dll

More info here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117224-Windows-64-bit-community-workaround

Why it's unofficial ;)

Thanks. I need to try this!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks to OP for this utility. Ignore the hostile crowd; this is a very useful tool for playing around with 64bit and I'm glad to have it.

Your welcome :)

Hey jrodriguez,

I also want to thank you for this little helper. I have used KSP with x86 + openGl + the popupwindow addition and was able to play with most of my desired mods. The only reason for this is that I have 4 GB VRAM on my Graphic Card. Still I could not use all the wanted mods because it slowed down the game to much or crashed while loading due to reaching the 4 GB VRAM. Furthermore it looked ugly although I used all the surounding tricks like Nvidia Inspector and stuff like that.

The only reason I did not use x64 was a couple of mods that were blocked but at the same time essential for my fun. Thanks to you I now play with all my mods (147 folders in gamedata), beautiful graphics (for KSP at least), stable (ON MY COMPUTER) for hours and with so much more fun.

@modders and other complaining guys

I fully respect and understand your opinion and decission to block your mods for x64. There are just too many kids out there which are too lazy to narrow down an issue or even think about where a problem might come from.

I have absolutley no clue how to recompile a .dll but STILL I know when and where to report an issue with a mod. That is, if at all, after I tried the mod on my heavy modded x86 KSP version, on a vanilla KSP version after exchanging different mods etc. Usually I will test for hours before writing in the forum (As you see I don't have much posts! :wink:) to do a report. So please do not judge everyone due to some misbehaving lazy kids.

Last but not least my x86 version used to crash after 4-6 scene changes while my x64 version has not rashed even once so far.

So once again thx jrodriguez.

Cheers

(Please excuse my bad english)

Question: If I still see Nyan cat, does that mean the unfixer did not work?

What do you mean by Nyan Cat? The easiest way to find out wether the unfixer works is by trying KJR. :)

EDIT:

Sorry... you mean the little thing in the loading screen. Sometimes I see it sometimes I do not. Still the unfixer works even if you see it. At least for me!

Edited by JohnWildman

What do you mean by Nyan Cat? The easiest way to find out wether the unfixer works is by trying KJR. :)

EDIT:

Sorry... you mean the little thing in the loading screen. Sometimes I see it sometimes I do not. Still the unfixer works even if you see it. At least for me!

All seems to be well even with Nyan cat. This unfixer works like a charm!

I would never, ever ask for support on a 64bit install... however this is the only way currently I can run my mods and have the graphics I want... before anyone says "Opengl" I use GEMFX, which doesn't work with opengl :(

Any bug report I have will be from my 32bit install though. I would urge anyone using 64bit to also have a 32bit install... if you get a bug in 64 try to replicate it in 32, if you can't there is no bug!

For myself if I notice any bugs in 64 bit, I load up my 32 bit environment and see if the bug is also there. Then if it is I load up my unmodded install to see if the bug is there too.

If the bug is in the stock install I report it in stock bugs, if it is in the 32 bit install I report it in the mods thread and if it is in the 64 bit install I do not report it as it is a unity/64 bit bug.

I will be downloading this and using it. I won`t be bothering mod makers with unity bugs either.

I can completely understand their reaction after the debacle that was the official 64 bit versions.

EDIT : does not seem to work with Realchutes but it `fixed` FAR

I still get nyancat if that means anything

EDIT 2 : It seems that it failed to fix either realchutes or FAR for me. Once in the SPH FAR did not show the graphs or voxels.

Edited by John FX

For myself if I notice any bugs in 64 bit, I load up my 32 bit environment and see if the bug is also there. Then if it is I load up my unmodded install to see if the bug is there too.

If the bug is in the stock install I report it in stock bugs, if it is in the 32 bit install I report it in the mods thread and if it is in the 64 bit install I do not report it as it is a unity/64 bit bug.

I will be downloading this and using it. I won`t be bothering mod makers with unity bugs either.

I can completely understand their reaction after the debacle that was the official 64 bit versions.

EDIT : does not seem to work with Realchutes but it `fixed` FAR

I still get nyancat if that means anything

EDIT 2 : It seems that it failed to fix either realchutes or FAR for me. Once in the SPH FAR did not show the graphs or voxels.

I do not use FAR but I use Realchute which works for me very well. So you might have an issue with FAR in this case.

FAR doesn't work even with the workaround http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...ity-workaround . I think the graphs or voxels don't work with current version of Unity on x64. :( . Also there is a problem with Tweakscale and the pods, they don't resize properly when reset to launch.

Also, I would like to remind that the unfixer only remove the x64 checks from the dlls (thanks to @Cerebrate for this), It is not doing any other magic to fix the x64 issue :), so please don't expect miracles.

Thank you so much for making this! You are a savior among the KSP community!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm super curious. Doesn't error report tell you right at the top if someone is using the 64 bit version of ksp or not? I see all the negative comments you received from modders and I just don't understand how they feel so mad like were forcing them to support us on 64 bit. Basically what I'm asking is can't they just deny help to those using 64 bit by asking for error reports? I've been dying to know about this forever! Someone please answer this.

Thank you so much for making this! You are a savior among the KSP community!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm super curious. Doesn't error report tell you right at the top if someone is using the 64 bit version of ksp or not? I see all the negative comments you received from modders and I just don't understand how they feel so mad like were forcing them to support us on 64 bit. Basically what I'm asking is can't they just deny help to those using 64 bit by asking for error reports? I've been dying to know about this forever! Someone please answer this.

I can understand them. They will still have to spend their time just to find out that the bug report sent to them was from a 64bit user. For creators of some really popular mods like Realchutes and FAR this can sum up to a large amount of time. Time they could have used investigating problems they actually have to fix. So I can understand stupid_chris's undying hate for every mention of 64bit KSP he sees, especially if it's something that makes unblocking it as easy as this. The rage is real, the stupid people who just don't understand no matter what you do and how many times you tell them are real.

Time they could have used investigating problems they actually have to fix.
(Emphasis mine)

You got that mostly right, but... no mod developer is under any obligation to fix anything. This can not be made clear often enough. Mod developers do their thing because they want to do it, for as long as they want to, for whomever they want to. Not because they have to.

Making them listen to crap they went out of their way to avoid is usually not a good way to keep them wanting to do their thing, at least not for the general public...

Edited by Corax

Doesn't seem to be working for anything for me. You just direct it at the gamedata folder right? Doesn't matter where the unfixer .exe is, correct? Also does this program remove the incompatibility popup?

Edited by Subcidal

Doesn't seem to be working for anything for me. You just direct it at the gamedata folder right? Doesn't matter where the unfixer .exe is, correct? Also does this program remove the incompatibility popup?

Yes, you just need to select your gamedata folder, it doesn't matter where the exe is. All the incompatibility popups will be removed. BTW if you are using 1.02 then you should know that there is not x64 version of KSP :)

Yes, you just need to select your gamedata folder, it doesn't matter where the exe is. All the incompatibility popups will be removed. BTW if you are using 1.02 then you should know that there is not x64 version of KSP :)

Yeah I'm aware there is no x64 anymore =) I'm using the workaround as its rather stable though anyway. Regardless it seems to not remove the 64bit check on any of my mods for some reason. Not sure why.

Yeah I'm aware there is no x64 anymore =) I'm using the workaround as its rather stable though anyway. Regardless it seems to not remove the 64bit check on any of my mods for some reason. Not sure why.

Can you try to run it as an admin?

Can you try to run it as an admin?

Ran it as admin and had the same results. I feel like this is something really simple that I have somehow bypassed. Just to clarify this is what I have just done.

First I reinstalled Kerbal Joint Reinforcement with CKAN. Ran KSP64totalunfixer.exe as admin. Set the path to D:\KSP\GameData, Clicked the Unfix button, Greenbar went all the way, it gave me a pop up saying it was complete and to enjoy the gloriousness of 64 bit ksp. Closed 64 total unfixer, Booted up KSP and it gives me the 64 bit incompatible mods popup.

Bit stumped, Seems to be working for everyone else as I've seen a few people link this tool in threads discussing the 64 bit workaround for 1.0.2. And I've seen somebody mention in this thread to test to see if it worked via using KJR so I know KJR can be unfixed successfully.

Any Ideas? I'm clueless at this point. I'd rather figure this out then attempt to recompile them all manually. That's just an accident waiting to happen heh.

Edit :

I just tried doing this with a new install of KSP with only the 64 bit workaround, CKAN, Module manager and KJR, Again same result. Seems my PC isn't allowing it to change the files but I can't imagine why, I've already turned off all UAC related stuff as I can't stand my PC locking me out of certain things like I've no idea what I'm doing.

Edited by Subcidal

Ran it as admin and had the same results. I feel like this is something really simple that I have somehow bypassed. Just to clarify this is what I have just done.

First I reinstalled Kerbal Joint Reinforcement with CKAN. Ran KSP64totalunfixer.exe as admin. Set the path to D:\KSP\GameData, Clicked the Unfix button, Greenbar went all the way, it gave me a pop up saying it was complete and to enjoy the gloriousness of 64 bit ksp. Closed 64 total unfixer, Booted up KSP and it gives me the 64 bit incompatible mods popup.

Bit stumped, Seems to be working for everyone else as I've seen a few people link this tool in threads discussing the 64 bit workaround for 1.0.2. And I've seen somebody mention in this thread to test to see if it worked via using KJR so I know KJR can be unfixed successfully.

Any Ideas? I'm clueless at this point. I'd rather figure this out then attempt to recompile them all manually. That's just an accident waiting to happen heh.

Edit :

I just tried doing this with a new install of KSP with only the 64 bit workaround, CKAN, Module manager and KJR, Again same result. Seems my PC isn't allowing it to change the files but I can't imagine why, I've already turned off all UAC related stuff as I can't stand my PC locking me out of certain things like I've no idea what I'm doing.

What you are seeing there is ModuleManager telling you that 64bit is not stable, and it's not a block of 64bit just a warning. And you can't remove it, only hope someday when 64bit is stable and official from Squad it will disappear.

only hope someday when 64bit is stable and official from Squad it will disappear.

Of course it will disappear. Modders don't lead a global conspiracy to erase KSP x64 from existence. We just don't want to deal with the few who can't read a warning.

.... I like the nyan cat....

In other news I will be running some tests tonight with sweetfx 2 and reshade to see if I can get decent post processing working on 32bit opengl. For many this will remove the current need for 64bit (current versions of gemfx for ksp doing the rounds dont work on opengl so need the memory of 64bit to look pretty).

Edited by Mulbin

Contract configurator not working right now even with unfixer.

Hi Schpulke. I already mentioned before that the unfixer is not going to do magic :)

I'm going to try to explain my self. Modders use different libraries from KSP, from Unity, etc. Some instructions directly or indirectly used by developers work fine on x86 but they don't on x64 platforms.

Most part of the mods even those the modders have decided to block the x64 platform, work fine with x64. But some of them have issues (e.g FAR with Drag curve charts, voxels debug..etc. Tweakscale with the scale of some pods, etc)

Is there any way to fix these issues? I'm not a modder but I'm a Software Engineer working with C# for the last seven years. I'm guessing that if there are alternative methods, instructions within the APIs to achieve the same results but that actually are compatible with x64 then it could be fixed, otherwise...I don't think so

Edited by jrodriguez

Is there any way to fix these issues? I'm not a modder but I'm a Software Engineer working with C# for the last seven years. I'm guessing that if there are alternative methods, instructions within the APIs to achieve the same results but that actually are compatible with x64 then it could be fixed, otherwise...I don't think so

The problem in 64bit comes from the native part of Unity and/or the 64bit version of the VM. Mods can't fix that. When some events don't trigger we can't do much.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.