[WIN][1.0.X] KSP x64 Total Unfixer [v2.2 04/08/2015]

No I mean I did not encountered any usses with Contract Configurator(cc). But I downloaded a new version of a CC and its disables itself now on a start,even with unfixer.

I appreciate your work and this was just a feedback.

I love x64 and you're making it work!(kinda)

Of course it will disappear. Modders don't lead a global conspiracy to erase KSP x64 from existence. We just don't want to deal with the few who can't read a warning.

Sorry that my word came out wrong. The meaning should have been *When squad get the 64bit working, it will disappear* not that it might disappear.

No I mean I did not encountered any usses with Contract Configurator(cc). But I downloaded a new version of a CC and its disables itself now on a start,even with unfixer.

I appreciate your work and this was just a feedback.

I love x64 and you're making it work!(kinda)

Thanks, I will try to find the code of that mod to check if it is doing something different.

Thanks, I will try to find the code of that mod to check if it is doing something different.

@Schpulke I have been reviewing the lastest commit of ContractConfigurator https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/commit/eecab64ce5000390a28984493aec60a4732076a5

Done 5 hours ago :) 64 bit support has been added. So I bet that if you take the dlls from https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/tree/master/GameData/ContractConfigurator It will work

But the reason why it wasn't working before was because he had a less standard check for x64.

What you are seeing there is ModuleManager telling you that 64bit is not stable, and it's not a block of 64bit just a warning. And you can't remove it, only hope someday when 64bit is stable and official from Squad it will disappear.

I think you've misunderstood. This only happens with mods that have 64 bit checks. I have a bunch of mods installed alongside module manager right now and the game will start without the 64 bit compatibility warning. As soon as I add a mod that has a 64 bit check the warning appears.

Unless the warning means nothing, which I'm going to assume isn't true as the OP stated that this pop up is removed when 64 bit unfixer works successfully.

I think you've misunderstood. This only happens with mods that have 64 bit checks. I have a bunch of mods installed alongside module manager right now and the game will start without the 64 bit compatibility warning. As soon as I add a mod that has a 64 bit check the warning appears.

Unless the warning means nothing, which I'm going to assume isn't true as the OP stated that this pop up is removed when 64 bit unfixer works successfully.

I just did the test again with only squad folder and Modulemanager installed on my 64bit KSP and got the warning + the rainbow cat running over my screen.

And here is the first lines in my log

Kerbal Space Program - 1.0.2.842 (WindowsPlayer)

CPU: Intel® Core i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8)

RAM: 16335

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (4073MB)

SM: 30 (Direct3D 9.0c [aticfx64.dll 8.17.10.1394])

RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, RGB565, ARGB4444, ARGB1555, Default, DefaultHDR, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8

Log started: Thu, Jun 18, 2015 13:04:50

[LOG 13:04:52.395] PhysicsGlobals: Loading database

[LOG 13:04:52.848] Load(Assembly): /ModuleManager.2.6.5

[LOG 13:04:52.890] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at D:\Games\Kerbal Space Program v1.0.2 64bit - Not right\GameData\ModuleManager.2.6.5.dll

[LOG 13:04:53.451] AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'ModuleManager' V2.5

[LOG 13:04:53.453] AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies

[LOG 13:04:53.468] VesselModules: Found 1 VesselModule types

[LOG 13:04:53.474] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'ModuleManager' from assembly 'ModuleManager'

[LOG 13:04:53.496] [ModuleManager] Adding ModuleManager to the loading screen 2

[LOG 13:04:53.735] Load(Audio): Squad/Parts/Utility/landingLegLT-1/sounds/sound_servomotor

[LOG 13:04:53.964] Load(Audio): Squad/Sounds/editorLoop01

As you can see only got the Modulemanager installed.

Edited by Lumaan

BTW Yesterday I tried the x64 version with the 4.6.4 Unity dlls, also I added the forcing dx11 non-threaded parameter. I added all the graphics mods like EVE, Scatterer, etc... and WOW! it looks amazing!

This one "-force-dx11-no-singlethreaded"? If so then I can tell you it's not working, you are running in dx9. Accorting to this Doc http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/CommandLineArguments.html it's only for "Windows Store Command Line"

I use "-force-d3d9 -adapter 0 -single-instance -nolog" to run my 64bit, tried with "-force-d3d11" but I get shuttering when in flight mode.

This one "-force-dx11-no-singlethreaded"? If so then I can tell you it's not working, you are running in dx9. Accorting to this Doc http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/CommandLineArguments.html it's only for "Windows Store Command Line"

I use "-force-d3d9 -adapter 0 -single-instance -nolog" to run my 64bit, tried with "-force-d3d11" but I get shuttering when in flight mode.

You are right! I was lying to myself thinking that I had a better performance! So it is all thanks to the x64 then.

Another happy, grateful user here.

While I fully respect the desire of certain modders to not deal with the added instability of x64, they lack any standing to complain before I trouble them with a (very possibly erroneous) support request!

Hi all,

I'm going to publish a new version of the unfixer soon. I have found a couple of bugs.

- The unfixer was not able to find my KSP installation (after upgrade to Win10) and if you are not running the unfixer from the KSP directory it will not work. I want it to work regardless of the directory.

- The unfixer was using the KSP_x64_Data\Managed to resolve assemblies which since 1.0.X it doesn't exist anymore. I will change this to use KSP_Data\Managed instead.

Yesterday I was playing unfixing the last version of FAR, and also the entire new Realism Overhaul package for 1.0.2. And good news, FAR is working fine (graphs, voxels, everything), and RO-RSS too!

Hi all,

I have published a new release (v 1.0.1)!

Changelog

v1.0.1

Compatibility with KSP v1.0.x

Removed the need of a KSP installation

Unfixing speed improved

Unfixer code (by cerebrate) integrated into the same solution.

Summary of unfixed DLLs

Compatibility with upgrade to Windows 10

Wish there was a way to white-list addons that you don't want to get fixed, like the "GCMonitor" http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92907-1-0-x-GCMonitor-1-2-6-A-graphic-Memory-monitor-%28June-18th%29

When fixed it's not showing the RAM used.

And why did you not continue with the backup of orginal file to .old?

Thanks! I'm going to implement this feature on the next release. I will need your feedback guys about mods like this one.

There are different reasons for a mod to fail once unfixed:

- The mod is doing the x64 check but not to check compatibility but to do some necessary operations.

- The mod had some logic related with Unity that is unsupported/buggy on x64 (during my testing with KSP 1.0.X I didn't found anything of this, however it was very common to have problems on <=0.90)

About the .old backups I have decided to remove this feature because I didn't find it enough useful. Every time I'm going to unfix a GameData folder I have a backup done. If something is not working I will remove the folder and copy from the BK again.

Also, using CKAN usually you will have all the mods cached and it is very easy to delete the GameData folder and install everything again.

With the *.old files I'm increasing the size of my GameData folder with files which is unlikely that I'm going to need.

Edited by jrodriguez

Thanks! I'm going to implement this feature on the next release. I will need your feedback guys about mods like this one.

There are different reasons for a mod to fail once unfixed:

- The mod is doing the x64 check but not to check compatibility but to do some necessary operations.

- The mod had some logic related with Unity that is unsupported/buggy on x64 (during my testing with KSP 1.0.X I didn't found anything of this, however it was very common to have problems on <=0.90)

About the .old backups I have decided to remove this feature because I didn't find it enough useful. Every time I'm going to unfix a GameData folder I have a backup done. If something is not working I will remove the folder and copy from the BK again.

Also, using CKAN usually you will have all the mods cached and it is very easy to delete the GameData folder and install everything again.

With the *.old files I'm increasing the size of my GameData folder with files which is unlikely that I'm going to need.

Then just make a txt file with what file(s) have been unfixed? *I liked the .old backup, was easy to do a search to find what file(s) was changed* Now I have to remember what file(s) have been changed, and that I bad at.. lol

Then just make a txt file with what file(s) have been unfixed? *I liked the .old backup, was easy to do a search to find what file(s) was changed* Now I have to remember what file(s) have been changed, and that I bad at.. lol

haha ok, maybe the .old functionality is useful. I will implement that again as an option :)

Hi JRod. You commented on my x64 glitch on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/3b5go4/crashes_upon_revert_to_launch_in_104_modded_win/), I've managed to isolate the issue to Contract Configurator, FWIW. Started with clean install and added back in mods until glitches returned. Confirmed removing CC eliminated glitches. Damn. No anomaly surveying for me for a while

Hi JRod. You commented on my x64 glitch on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/3b5go4/crashes_upon_revert_to_launch_in_104_modded_win/), I've managed to isolate the issue to Contract Configurator, FWIW. Started with clean install and added back in mods until glitches returned. Confirmed removing CC eliminated glitches. Damn. No anomaly surveying for me for a while

Hi Daniel,

I know that Contract Configurator is using lets say a..."counter unfixer" to avoid the unfixer to work (I'm not sure if the developer did this on purpose, though) . I did spend some time to create a technique to hack it, but no luck yet.

But I think in his last version Contract Configurator has partial support for x64. Are you using the last version https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/releases ? If you can try that one let me know if it is working for you. If it stills failing I will create a custom dll for you to check if it is because of the x64 check or it is related with other x64 real incompatibility.

Edited by jrodriguez

I'll reload it later today to see. I was using the most recent version through CKAN, not directly from git. Also note that I only know the glitch arises from the configurator pack (Configurator + advanced progression + anomaly investigations + field research). I haven't isolated the source of the glitch within that group, but I suspect it might be the Jool mega-monolith contract in the anomaly pack (since I accepted that contract very soon before things started glitching).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.