[WIN][1.0.X] KSP x64 Total Unfixer [v2.2 04/08/2015]

I downloaded it from github, and used 7zfm as the opener and I get a new window and one of the files in it is 'KSPx64TotalUnfixer.exe' and when I click on it it tells me to update it in the archive so I click 'Yes' and then it opens and immediately closes a new window, so I mouse over extract and click it and tell it to go to the gamedata destination, and then when I go into gamedata, I find a little green icon that says: 'KSPx64TotalUnfixer'

but no exe. thinking that that must be all fine and dandy, I open ksp (with my x64 workaround) and launch it. When I test to see if this worked, I still got the nyancat on the loading screen and when I launched a craft KJR didn't have the little thing that says something like 'pausing physics' or something.

In conclusion, did the plugin work or did I install it incorrectly?

Edited by KGEI

• 2 weeks later...

It should only be second nature that anyone using KSP 64bit shouldn't ask for support from the modders if the modders said that they DON'T support it. I used it when it first came out and it worked great. Had no problems but when modders started locking their  mods from 64bit, I abandoned the game. Now that I can finally play it like I want, I'm beginning to like KSP again...and I won't be asking for support. Anyone who does is an idiot.

All I ask is that modders take pity on those responsible gamers who like KSP and don't lump us with the rest. We appreciate your hard work and I for one would like to see all of those locked mods unlocked with a clear rule on the forum the people will get perma-banned if they ask for 64bit support when it's not officially out yet.

On 1/8/2016 at 0:08 AM, KGEI said:

I downloaded it from github, and used 7zfm as the opener and I get a new window and one of the files in it is 'KSPx64TotalUnfixer.exe' and when I click on it it tells me to update it in the archive so I click 'Yes' and then it opens and immediately closes a new window, so I mouse over extract and click it and tell it to go to the gamedata destination, and then when I go into gamedata, I find a little green icon that says: 'KSPx64TotalUnfixer'

but no exe. thinking that that must be all fine and dandy, I open ksp (with my x64 workaround) and launch it. When I test to see if this worked, I still got the nyancat on the loading screen and when I launched a craft KJR didn't have the little thing that says something like 'pausing physics' or something.

In conclusion, did the plugin work or did I install it incorrectly?

I found the issue, you should be selecting the GAMEDATA folder.

EDIT :

On a second note, I got the unfixer to work but I still have a nyan cat. I found the problem to be ModuleManager. Open the whitelist and remove   ModuleManager and no more nyan cat.

Edited by victor tan

Does this still work? I found that when I was running the x64 version, I would lose all my parachutes. Even the parachute tab would be gone. I use the Real Chute mod, and I think that's still locked.

Using KSP version 1.0.5.1028.

Edited by Furious1964

• 2 weeks later...

First, my apologies for the delay. It seems I was not subscribed to this thread (maybe since they updated the forum?) 

On 1/12/2015 at 11:55 AM, nuclearping said:

After what scheme is this unfixer working?

I tried the 64bit workaround at it runs pretty good so far with 5.6GB RAM usage.

However, some mods are disabling themselfs. I got linked to this thread and tested the Unfixer. But it did not unfix all mods, like USI Lifesupport, KAS, kOS, WarpPlugin, etc.

I'm wondering why.

Please, if you find that there are mods that are not unfixed. Can you open an issue on my Git hub repo https://github.com/jrodrigv/KSPx64TotalUnfixer/issues explaining exactly the problem. I will take a look asap.

On 23/12/2015 at 3:19 PM, Amedee said:

I am wondering... I think we can safely assume that KSP 1.1, whenever it comes out, will use Unity 5 and support 64bit. I think we can also assume that any intermediate versions will be 1.0.6 and maybe 1.0.7. I'm not expecting an 1.0.8. I think it's also safe to assume that Squad is making very good progress with Unity 5. If I had to make a bet, I would say that we'll see this happening in the first half of 2016. If we're *very* lucky, not much longer than 1 year after KSP 1.0.0 came out. I think it's a realistic expectation.

So. Let's assume that 1.1 will be exactly 1 year after 1.0. Just as a working hypothesis. What will happen then on April 27, 2016 (hypothetical)? Users will start up an official 64bit KSP, and they will expect that their mods will work from Day Zero. Some minor glitches because of changes that Squad made, will be excusable. But if there is a mod that actively blocks (official) 64bit users, because they check for 64bit and they didn't have an update ready from Day Zero without the 64bit check, then there will be some people who will be rather unhappy. I predict that when there will be an official 64bit KSP, that this Unfixer tool will suddenly become very popular. Simply because some mods are low on maintenance, because of whatever reason. Which is normal, and understandable.

Before 64bit official, it's the users' problem.
After 64bit official, it's the modders' problem.

My two cents. Did I overlook anything?

In my opinion KSP 1.1 is going to be a mod-breaker: Unity 5, multi-threading, x64. It will be a massive update and it will take a while for the modders to implement a 1.1 release. My bet is... "finger crossed" this tool will become irrelevant with a beautiful KSP x64! hype hype!

On 27/1/2016 at 2:43 AM, Furious1964 said:

Does this still work? I found that when I was running the x64 version, I would lose all my parachutes. Even the parachute tab would be gone. I use the Real Chute mod, and I think that's still locked.

Real Chute is working perfect. I'm playing RO/RSS and my parachutes are working flawless!

Evidence. My last landing on Mars

Edited by jrodriguez
typo

20 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

since SolverEngines doesn't check compatibility, you have other problems. :P

thats... weird. When I updated I could not get anything to work and seemed incompatible with Real Fuels, Reverting fixed it. Maybe it was a glitch on CKAN.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2016 at 10:48 PM, Sovek said:

Right now the new Solver Engines dll is no longer working and I had to revert to the previous version.

I have done a quick test using the link you posted and the unfixer is unfixing as expected. Check if you have a file with "unfixerbk" extension in your ProceduralParts/Plugins folder that would mean that it was already unfixed.

Regards.

Edited by jrodriguez

I do not understand why you're all acting like 5 year old kids arguing over who gets to play with the toy truck. It a game, you're mods for a game. If someone is using X64 they understand its inherent instability.  There are backups, and saves for that. You can also uninstal mods at will.
 Frerram4, you yourself provide the source code on github; all this is open source license. WHO CARES. If 64 works for some people that's great! Im not expecting developers to make 64 bit versions, or claim to support them, but unless its proven to not work why lock it. 

as for 64 bit instability i have over 40 mods installed and ive only had the game crash twice.... ever... in 64 bit. 

7 minutes ago, Rushligh said:

WHO CARES. If 64 works for some people that's great! Im not expecting developers to make 64 bit versions, or claim to support them, but unless its proven to not work why lock it. 

Are you sure you read any of the thread ? We don't do it to stop people from using it. We do it to stop people from filling our mod thread with bug post that have nothing to do with our code. It s easy to say we are the bad gut when YOU don't have to deal with that.

Edited by sarbian

Im sorry to hear about that; I didnt read this whole thread yet, but ive seen this theme through out the whole community. At least I finially know the gist of it. 

As someone who works in customer service, I believe I understand your gripe with bug reports, its fair enough. I wish stupid people wouldn't get in the way of good development though. 

For 64bits instability; I dont know about older releases, but 1.0.5 is more stable as a 64 than 32 in my experience, with or without mods. Squads choice to make only 32 bit was most likely because they wanted to use the same unity project for every platform release (including the upcoming Wii U one). 

I've just become so irritated at developers refusal to even talk about x64 bit versions. Like, if they could just provide an unlocked and unguarenteed versions explicidy saying in the page that it is UNSUPORTED.

Like, if people want to go making bug posts about clearly unsuported versions than the Moderators SHOULD be deleting the posts, and warning the poster. 

i myself literally can not run 32 bit, even stock it crashes 10 minuets into the game for me. 64 bit runs like silk. Hence my up-in-arms-nes about all this. 

23 minutes ago, Rushligh said:

Squads choice to make only 32 bit was most likely because they wanted to use the same unity project for every platform release (including the upcoming Wii U one).

Please don't make totally unfounded (not to mention, incorrect) statements.  The *only* reason that Squad pulled the official release of the 64 bit Windows version was that it was (and still is in 1.0.5) seriously unstable for a large number of players and the sort of issue that Sarbian mentioned was turning the forum into a toxic cesspit (slight exaggeration but it was getting pretty bad).  In any case, what makes you think that you can't build the same project for 32bit and 64bit...?

16 minutes ago, Rushligh said:

the Moderators SHOULD be deleting the posts, and warning the poster.

In an ideal world, yes.  However, the sheer volume of offending posts during the worst of it would have seriously increased the moderators' workload.  Those guys are volunteers too and they don't want to spend all their time dealing with that sort of stuff.

20 minutes ago, Rushligh said:

i myself literally can not run 32 bit, even stock it crashes 10 minuets into the game for me.

If you can't run the stock 32 bit version of 1.0.5 on a Win64 PC on default settings for more than 10 minutes then there is something wrong with either your machine or your install of KSP.

10 minutes ago, Rushligh said:

Hence my up-in-arms-nes about all this.

You have absolutely no right to be "up-in-arms" about it.  Modders do not owe you anything, they are perfectly entitled to do whatever they like with their mods.

2 hours ago, Rushligh said:

I do not understand why you're all acting like 5 year old kids arguing over who gets to play with the toy truck. It a game, you're =king mods for a game. If someone is using X64 they understand its inherent instability.  There are backups, and saves for that. You can also uninstal mods at will.
 Frerram4, you yourself provide the source code on github; all this is open source license. WHO CARES. If 64 works for some people that's great! Im not expecting developers to make 64 bit versions, or claim to support them, but unless its proven to not work why lock it. 

as for 64 bit instability i have over 40 mods installed and ive only had the game crash twice.... ever... in 64 bit. 

Hi,

I would like to keep this thread out of that war as much as possible. I know it is hard but the only thing that really matters is to be happy with the way you play KSP. If you are happy playing KSP x64 then you are welcome to share you hype here :)

For example, I'm very happy, and this is one my last adventures. I'm trying a new version "kind of" the Concorde and trying to do a complete Circumnavigation around EARTH! But sadly my Concorde version only has fuel for 13.000km!

ZLCmigZ.png

dkwl15C.png

yy0bpHw.png

0Bo7SHX.png

Edited by jrodriguez

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 7:43 PM, Furious1964 said:

I am also experiencing that, but not until recently. I noticed it when I installed Roverdude's  "Sounding rockets" mod and noticed the nose cone that contained a parachute fell off real easy, but when deploy had no drag what so ever to slow decent. Tried it on other parachutes and they all seemed really flimsy (as in they fall off going 200+ m\s) and seemed really low on drag (other than specific "Realchutes"), removed a few mods but couldn't find out the problem. going to try a clean install but I don't know how to redownload all my mods from CKAN without saving the mods and installing them from cache, which wouldn't fix my problem. I already removed the sounding rocket mod but it did not fix the problem.

Edit: I misunderstood what you said. You said you would lose the parachute tab in the VAB and SPH. I got that too but it was a few months ago. If you are using Steam just verify the game cache. Back up your 64bit .exe and the mono.dll you used to get 64bit on KSP somewhere else so you only have to drag and drop those back in. In steam go to Library - Kerbal Space Program(right click) - Properties - local files - verify integrity of games cache. If you got the game some other way, just a fresh install should do.

I left my original comment because I have yet to fix the problem and not yet willing to go in CKAN and write down all the mods I downloaded.

Edited by farnayway

• 1 month later...

Been using 64 bit with the unfixer for more than 6 months. ModuleManager is removed from the whitelist and that has resolved the nyan cat issue before. For some reason, out of the blue I might add, I restarted my game and the nyan cat has seem to reappear? KJR, Ferram, MM, RealChute, etc all seem to be working just fine, but the nyan cat has just started showing after 6 months of using this... quite odd.

I tried unfixing just incase I hod forgotten that I had updated something, but there was noting to unfix. As stated, nothing has been changed for aver two weeks, and this has randomly appeared yet the plugins are still working... I have no idea what causes this, but I thought I'd let you know.

Edited by FiiZzioN

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.