Squadcast Summary 2015-03-13 - The Friday the 13th Edition

Renegrade

See this is what's tough in business, the people clamor for updates, so you figure you'll be cool and do them, but then as soon as you miss 1 or 2 everyone's mad.

Maybe they should go back to no updates, huh?

It's like I learned in a leadership class many years ago, if you put $20 in all the staff's mailboxes, someone will complain that it wasn't $30.

At the time I found it hard to believe but 20 years later I've realized it's quite true.

It rather simple actually. Like you said, it is a business. And with every business, if you start doing something, people bound to be expecting things from you. Like opening and closing times. You simply can't close whenever you want. In theory: yes, you can. But that would be a amazingly stupid move. The point is, and I completely agree because Squad had done this from the very beginning, IF you do things, then do them right! Realize that people EXPECT you'll be there. Or, in this case: that Squadcast is on. Squad has a troubling past when it comes to things like this. Yes, everyone knows that things can go wrong. People can get sick. And go on. Point is: How hard is it to leave a post, blog entry, of somewhere in the Daily section that things MIGHT be going for the worst? That is what everyone is complaining about. At least some people knew that Max may not make it. Instead of doing something with that information, they blow of the stream, and come with a sorry after. I never watch Squadcast. But I totally understand where this is coming from..

Edited by JSD

How hard is it to leave a post, blog entry, of somewhere in the Daily section that things MIGHT be going for the worst? That is what everyone is complaining about.

While I can't speak how soon Kasper or whoever knew about it but I doubt they'd have known far enough in advance that a meeting was going to overrun to make a difference. How soon would be sufficient? An hour? There'd have been no indication the meeting would go on too long then. 6 hours? The meeting probably hadn't even started. 15 minutes? It wouldn't have made a difference anyway - everyone who was going to watch the Cast was already on Twitch waiting for it. We were told it should be on the hour and I think it was about 5 minutes to that Kasper mentioned he was still in the meeting. Why 5 minutes? Probably because that was the first time and chance ANYONE had to inform the masses.

Kasper is great, but I don't think even he can tell the future.

EDIT:

It's called lying to stir up trouble.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was sarcasm.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

It rather simple actually. Like you said, it is a business. And with every business, if you start doing something, people bound to be expecting things from you. Like opening and closing times. You simply can't close whenever you want. In theory: yes, you can. But that would be a amazingly stupid move. The point is, and I completely agree because Squad had done this from the very beginning, IF you do things, then do them right! Realize that people EXPECT you'll be there. Or, in this case: that Squadcast is on. Squad has a troubling past when it comes to things like this. Yes, everyone knows that things can go wrong. People can get sick. And go on. Point is: How hard is it to leave a post, blog entry, of somewhere in the Daily section that things MIGHT be going for the worst? That is what everyone is complaining about. At least some people knew that Max may not make it. Instead of doing something with that information, they blow of the stream, and come with a sorry after. I never watch Squadcast. But I totally understand where this is coming from..

I agree totally with this. At least have a subsitute, instead of having to say "sorry" every time something goes inevitably wrong.

Sad to hear there was no squadcast, not too fussed though.

On the other hand, I would expect squad to communicate ksp news/cancellations a bit better, they are supposedly an interactive marketing company after all...

Well, then.

I hypothesize that Max has been subjected to a mishap in Kerlington's engineering department and is now in a 140,000 meter orbit above Earth.

It is our job to save him!

So what are we waiting for! Kick the tyres and light the fires! We need another 5 star pilot for our space program!

OT: What a pity. At least the Devnote tuesday still went out. Would be nice to see some of the new stuff, though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.