[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

Hm, are you installing it correctly? No clue otherwise.

Also, theres this bug with Kerbal Foundries that makes the VAB icons for those parts tiny which is breaking the inventory move function in that they're invisible and don't actually get moved. I was trying to move the half-ton mass track parts. I'll ask about that over in the KF thread though since it's not directly KIS's fault.

Most certainly installing it correctly. It's interesting because I also have RealChutes which adds a parachute tab and that is working just fine. I removed RealChutes to see if it's addition of a tab was interfering with KIS but there was still no new tab.

Most certainly installing it correctly. It's interesting because I also have RealChutes which adds a parachute tab and that is working just fine. I removed RealChutes to see if it's addition of a tab was interfering with KIS but there was still no new tab.

What mods do you have? I have hangar mod (the one by allista) which adds a hangar tab, so it's definetly not the adding a new tab bit.

Part manipulation is explained in the user guide ;)

You can drag an drop it back in the container inventory GUI (But you must hold the mouse button otherwise you change to "drop/place mode").

Science samples are not supported as EVA items, but that's a nice idea.

I think he/she meant preserving the science samples while they're in inventory, which you can't do with KAS when you store something with science samples in it.

Also, an idea, while we can view the volume of something that is in an inventory, we can't for things that are outside inventory (ie. the VAB/SPH). So, maybe it's something planned, but how about a way to view the volume of things while in VAB? Theres going to be some parts (such as the two track parts I mentioned in an earlier post) that are light enough, but are too big volume wise and might not be obvious that they don't fit.

Edit: Just had something wierd happen. While leaving it in the SPH for a couple minutes while KSP not being the active window, the camera stopped working and when I exited SPH, the KSC camera was screwed up, tried reloading save, still screwed up, trying KSP reboot. I had been noticing some camera wierdness earlier, but I thought that was just KSP.

Edit2: It's fine after a KSP reboot.

Edited by smjjames

What mods do you have? I have hangar mod (the one by allista) which adds a hangar tab, so it's definetly not the adding a new tab bit.

Honestly it probably is a mod compatibility issue, I'm basing that assumption on the fact that I run dozens of mods.

Toolbar

Umbra Space Industries (Entire updated mod suite)

Active Texture Management

Aviation Lights

Adjustable Landing Gear

BoxSat

Chatterer

Community Tech Tree/Tech Manager

Connected Living Spaces

Contract Configurator

Deadly Reentry

Distant Object

EVE

Astronomers Interstellar 2

Extraplanetary Launchpads (OKS Kolonization version)

FAR

Fusebox

KAS

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Outer Planets Mod

KSPX

Mk4 Spaceplane

Mechjeb2

Near Future Mod Suite

notes

Planetshine

Precise Node

Procedural Fairings

Protractor

Realchutes

Remote Tech

RLA Stockalike

SCANsat

Ship Manifest

Texture Replacer

TAC Life Support

Tweakscale

Trajectories

Kerbal Alarm Clock

TurboNisuReloaded Parts

Tweakable Everything

Universal Storage

Ven's Stock Revamp

Vessel View

Wheel Sounds

That should be almost all of them. All hail Linux.

So, do we need this and Kerbal attachment system, or does this replace kerbal attachment system?

While KIS is a standalone, you need both if you want KAS parts (pipes, struts, winches, etc.). It's also unclear to me how exactly KAS's KASModuleGrab (the module added to parts to allow you to grab them) coexists with KIS. From looking at the OP and the Wiki, it seems like parts no longer need a "grab module" to allow Kerbals to grab/attach/manipulate the parts but I haven't played with the mod yet. It's also not clear what happens with parts with the KASModuleGrab already, i.e., do they function independently (no KIS mass, volume, trait limitations) or does KIS override the KAS functionality.

Honestly it probably is a mod compatibility issue, I'm basing that assumption on the fact that I run dozens of mods.

-modlist snip-

That should be almost all of them. All hail Linux.

What's the toolbar one? Blizzys toolbar?

I have the full USI suite and EPL and I've noticed a strange exception coming out of EPL, though I'm not sure what's going on there.

Edit: Actually, I think I'll go ask on the EPL thread, maybe Taniwha will know what's going on with it, and it's her mod.

Edit: There is definetly some camera wierdness going on when you have a container inventory window open, there are spots where you can't move the camera, it comes and goes with no real pattern. Sometimes it'll get stuck when you have the container inventory closed.

Edited by smjjames

Just tried to use one of the explosives to explode one of the KSC buildings and nope, doesn't work, aw.... That's only ONE explosive though.....

Not even 9 of them, and yes I have indestructible buildings off. They will chain react though, which is cool.

Edit: How do I get the kerbals to carry one of the containers like in KAS?

Edited by smjjames

Anybody else getting noticeable FPS lag when you move the camera with the mouse and your mouse happens to move over the kerbal inventory? I'm also noticing it when the container inventory is open, but when the mouse is in a random spot that seems to change each time.

So are you phasing out KAS?

We'll just remove the outdated KAS inventory system and refocus it on attachement (and add cool new things).

Next up... Crafting Bench, Furnace?

Space Kreepers, EVERYWHERE! Running toward you at 2000m/s ;)

Just jocking. We already have some potential ideas about mining or crafting though...

But first, we'll need to update KAS and improve KIS once we'll have enought player feedbacks.

I think I found a pretty major bug, but not sure if I either simply dropped the item or it actually disappeared while holding it, testing now. Nope, I think I simply dropped the item by accident while I was messing around with the explosives.

Edited by smjjames

Planned

• Stack attach with snap

So.. attachment via the green nodes? (not surface attachment)

ZOMG, I need this so much. In my career I have a whole bunch of ships using LV-909, because I haven't researched the LV-N yet (playing with Kerbal Construction Time so science is slow). Instead of mulching the ship into RocketParts and building it again, I'd much rather just swap the engine.

Is this anywhere near close, or just a wishlist idea at this point? I have 73 Kerbal days... :D

Ah, so ships with KAS parts probably won't just be krakened and we just need to swap out our inventories?

Depends on the KAS parts. KAS containers will still cause the ship to disappear when KAS is updated. So the advice in the first post to move inventory and remove KAS containers.

A way for Kerbals to carry the KIS containers would be good though, provided that they aren't too heavy of course. I can't seem to get them into Kerbal inventory.

Edit: Apparently EPL doesn't like it when a stake is in a kerbals inventory, it fires one of these every time I switch over to the base from the kerbal.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ExSurveyTracker+SurveySite+<GetEnumerator>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ExSurveyStation.Highlight (Boolean on) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ExBuildWindow.UpdateGUIState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ExBuildWindow.Select_Pad (ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ExBuildControl selected_pad) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ExBuildWindow.BuildPadList (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.ExBuildWindow.onVesselChange (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightGlobals.setActiveVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightGlobals.ForceSetActiveVessel (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at VesselSwitching.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edited by smjjames

Awesome!

Magnifique!

Impressive! You replicated the item placement system and improved it a bit. That change anchor mode key, should be in the VAB by default.

Edited by Locob

First off, this is a great improvement on the inventory system. Nice job!

Second, how could I "upgrade" existing KAS containers to the new standard? The reason I ask is because I have a bunch of parts (UKS, SXT, UniversalStorage, and some others) that have KAS containers built-in. I'd like to use them with the new KIS, if I could. Looking through the config files I didn't notice any obvious parallels that I could write a quick MM patch to convert the old modules.

Is there a way for kerbals to carry KIS containers on their backs like the KAS ones? I'd like my kerbals to be able to pick up a container from a supply ship and move it onto the other end of a station if necessary.