[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

First of all, thanks for great mod.

It may be known bug but there is yet another unexpected behaviour when combined with current version of extraplanetary launchpads. To be more precise - when building container with goods using EPL, mass of items in container is added to resource cost but any fuels in items in container are calculated as just extra mass so it's possible to produce anything from rocket parts, including fuels, food, water, or even more rocket parts. It's not a problem in a near stock game but with mods like TAC Life Support or Karbonite+ things are becoming a bit cheaty.

Want unlimited life support made from scrapped extra fuel tanks? Easily!

Want payload with astronomical money cost almost for free? Throw some tank with costly lightweight material inside (for example karborundum from Karbonite+) to container and now it costs you just few rocket parts if built with EPL!

No advertisements or complaints - just reporting.

Can I move parts that are too big for the inventory? For example, can I have a free-floating girder in a cargo bay that I grab and carry over to attach to my space station? I'm trying it and it doesn't seem to work, but I might be missing something.

Edit: It works on the ground, but not in space?

update: I tried changing the EVA rotate on move option, since someone else said that might be the problem, and it still doesn't work. On the ground, I can move large girders around and attach them with no problems at all. In space, I can't do anything- the "grab" hand is greyed out and doesn't do anything. Anybody else had this issue?

update: I tried changing the EVA rotate on move option, since someone else said that might be the problem, and it still doesn't work. On the ground, I can move large girders around and attach them with no problems at all. In space, I can't do anything- the "grab" hand is greyed out and doesn't do anything. Anybody else had this issue?

Yeah, with the current version in space you don't wont to let parts go afloat, you'd want to drag them around the vessel reattaching at each step. Tedious but works.

In settings.cfg change the maxDistance to something bigger, that'll let you drag the part in fewer steps.

EvaPickup
[SIZE=1]{[/SIZE]
[COLOR=#a9a9a9][SIZE=1] grabKey = g[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#a9a9a9][SIZE=1] canDetach = false[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#008000][SIZE=2] maxDistance = 2[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#a9a9a9][SIZE=1] maxMass = 1[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#a9a9a9][SIZE=1] dropSndPath = KIS/Sounds/drop[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#a9a9a9][SIZE=1] attachSndPath = KIS/Sounds/attach[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#a9a9a9][SIZE=1] draggedIconResolution = 64[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[SIZE=1]}
[/SIZE]

Edited by Enceos

I did, but there was only the option to remap the 'G' key. Does the mod have to run first?

There are currently three hotkeys: grab (g), use righthand item (x), open inventory (tab). Take a closer look at the settings.cfg you can find them there and remap. The EVA slot numbers are not remappable, and you won't need them to be.

There are currently three hotkeys: grab (g), use righthand item (x), open inventory (tab). Take a closer look at the settings.cfg you can find them there and remap. The EVA slot numbers are not remappable, and you won't need them to be.

I was interested in the rotation and positioning keys (WASD, QE). I don't use a WASD configuration for movement by default. Are the keys dependent on the user mappings in game?

Oh, debug menu is in the rightclick context from inventory, nifty.

Having a bug with the debug menu , with my own mod part not the kis parts.

PnzeaNP.jpg

To this i get a lot if nullref errors in the logfile. The debug works fine with the rest of the parts

ed

NNTvExvm.png

RYr0sNom.png

Edited by ahappydude

This sounds like a really nice mod.

But it just won't work while I'm in space.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

I had this problem too. You have to go into the KSP settings file and disable EVA_ROTATE_ON_MOVE, and see the top of this very page for other tips if that doesn't work.

Any ideas why some parts are ok to place on the munar ground (and be there after the next reload WITHOUT weird jumps or explosions) and others do strange things after a reload or explode right away?

Just the thought of getting this mod krakenfree would be fantastic :)

Any ideas why some parts are ok to place on the munar ground (and be there after the next reload WITHOUT weird jumps or explosions) and others do strange things after a reload or explode right away?

Its ksp, have patience :)

Better not place items on ground without landing legs or without attaching them to the ground with current KAS.

I had a very brief play with KIS tonight. It seems part of the idea is that you do not need carryable containers because you can carry several on the kerbal by default.

I still think there could be a role for the carriable containers. As it is, kerbals can carry a lot of stuff, yet that stuff doesn't seem to take up much space.

You could probably get away with kerbals only having 1/3 of the storage volume, and adding a slightly shrunk version of the old carryable containers to use as backpack.

Carryable containers were fun, it would be a pity to do away with them completely.

The grab thing from KAS isn't going away is it? As long as it's still there, modified versions of the carryable containers will still run.

It might be a good Idea to make it a bit more obvious in the instructions that you need to hold X to attach things. This approach to moving things around is quite similar to what you can do in the sims, I've found myself trying to drop things into the box, or the kerbal without opening the inventory a few times now. It could be an idea to make that possible. Also, perhaps a button in the inventory dialog window that lets you take or give everything when you've got two inventories open could be useful?

Adding the 'bounce' module from the kerbincup balls to the basket ball would be cool, but might be stretching the no dependencies rule.

It is very cool. I can imagine with some clever set up, you could make a kerbal pikmin challenge.

Edited by Tw1

I still think there could be a role for the carriable containers. As it is, kerbals can carry a lot of stuff, yet that stuff doesn't seem to take up much space.

You could probably get away with kerbals only having 1/3 of the storage volume, and adding a slightly shrunk version of the old carryable containers to use as backpack.

Carryable containers were fun, it would be a pity to do away with them completely.

The grab thing from KAS isn't going away is it? As long as it's still there, modified versions of the carryable containers will still run.

It might be a good Idea to make it a bit more obvious in the instructions that you need to hold X to attach things. This approach to moving things around is quite similar to what you can do in the sims, I've found myself trying to drop things into the box, or the kerbal without opening the inventory a few times now. It could be an idea to make that possible. Also, perhaps a button in the inventory dialog window that lets you take or give everything when you've got two inventories open could be useful?

Adding the 'bounce' module from the kerbincup balls to the basket ball would be cool, but might be stretching the no dependencies rule.

It is very cool. I can imagine with some clever set up, you could make a kerbal pikmin challenge.

Speaking of carriable containers... Maybe this would not even be possible, but just to throw something out there: one way to keep a vague sense of "realism" with carriable containers that are much larger than Kerbals themselves might be to make them attach to Kerbals via a cable that would get stuck to a Kerbal's back. Kind of an automated sort of plug-in-to-a-port-with-KAS-stuff process, and then the Kerbals could tow/drag containers around rather than have them stuck to their backs. Then they could move larger containers around. Obviously I have no idea if this would work or whether it could be coded, but maybe...?

Just a random thought.

Speaking of carriable containers... Maybe this would not even be possible, but just to throw something out there: one way to keep a vague sense of "realism" with carriable containers that are much larger than Kerbals themselves might be to make them attach to Kerbals via a cable that would get stuck to a Kerbal's back. Kind of an automated sort of plug-in-to-a-port-with-KAS-stuff process, and then the Kerbals could tow/drag containers around rather than have them stuck to their backs. Then they could move larger containers around. Obviously I have no idea if this would work or whether it could be coded, but maybe...?

Just a random thought.

An eva tether item is planned later. So you will be able to attach kerbal to anything (including containers).