[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

Is there a KAS to KIS storage converter that works for sure? Because I want to get started with a base, but I haven't converted the internal MKS base module KAS container into the KIS inventory system, and I know that the KAS inventory system will be phased out soon.

Could you kospy look inot adding back the control function from kerbqest? So if you have a engine module on a kis mod part, you can use that in eva and no-eva? Cheers for the hardwork, the update fixed the debug menu so extra thanks for that!

SERIOUS MASS BUG:

When KIS is installed, the mass of command parts is drastically increased. I m not sure what parts are affected, eg maybe only parts with MM changes?

Anyway, for the affected parts, Ablative Shielding and Monoprop are added to the dry mass and then additionally to the wet mass, thus they are counted twice.

Thus eg a command part with a mass of 2 tons dry and 2.8 tons with monoprop and ablative shielding now has a mass of 2.8 tons dry and 3.6 tons wet.

This is a serious issue for ongoing missions as well as gameplay balance.

edit: Rephrased for clarity.

Edited by Yemo

Hm, I haven't seen this, then again, I haven't really been paying attention to that, plus been doing unmanned missions recently, so, no command pods with monoprop.

I'm looking into it though.

Edit: I am seeing a bit of a discrepancy between MechJebs numbers and the stock info numbers. Using mechjeb for the numbers though.

Edit2: Yeah, confirmed, looked at two stock and two from a mod. Here's my observations, looks like somehow KIS is confusing the normal wet mass for the dry mass on top of the bug Yemo is talking about.

MK1 command pod (stock)

with KIS: 0.880tW 0.840tD detail: 0.84t

Without KIS: 0.84tW 0.800tD

MK2 lander can (stock)

With KIS: 2.820tW 2.660tD detail: 2.66t

without KIS: 2.660tW 2.500tD

Taurus HCV

With KIS: 8.700tW 8.100tD detail: 8.1t

without KIS: 8.100tW 7.500tD

S2 reusable pod (B9)

With KIS: 3.660tW 3.580tD detail: 3.58

Without: KIS: 3.580tW 3.500tD

I think I'll remove KIS for now until it gets fixed.

Edit: As per this post: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/106130-0-90-SETI-BalanceMod-Scope-Economy-Tech-Integration-v0-8-7-Mar-30?p=1821069&viewfull=1#post1821069 I'm looking into some of my ships to see if theres any discrepancies.

Edit2: I looked at some of my unmanned (and thus no monoprop carrying command pods) ships and after being confused momentarily by MechJeb adding the weight of the clamps in flight, the only discrepancy that I found is what looks like a MJ rounding error from 366.426 to 366.425 which is present both with and without KIS. So, the problem from that post isn't KIS.

Edited by smjjames

Hm, I haven't seen this, then again, I haven't really been paying attention to that, plus been doing unmanned missions recently, so, no command pods with monoprop.

Edit: I am seeing a bit of a discrepancy between MechJebs numbers and the stock info numbers. Using mechjeb for the numbers though.

Edit2: Yeah, confirmed, looked at two stock and two from a mod. Here's my observations, looks like somehow KIS is confusing the normal wet mass for the dry mass on top of the bug Yemo is talking about.

MK1 command pod (stock)

MK2 lander can (stock)

Taurus HCV

S2 reusable pod (B9)

Edit: As per this post: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/106130-0-90-SETI-BalanceMod-Scope-Economy-Tech-Integration-v0-8-7-Mar-30?p=1821069&viewfull=1#post1821069 I'm looking into some of my ships to see if theres any discrepancies.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I had just waited all that time for the kerbalmaass bug to be fixed. Well please Kospy fix this ASAP. We waited for so long for 1.0 and it still had high priority bugs. This isnt even another mod interaction. Sorry to sound mad just frustrated I can't use such a awesome mod.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I had just waited all that time for the kerbalmaass bug to be fixed. Well please Kospy fix this ASAP. We waited for so long for 1.0 and it still had high priority bugs. This isnt even another mod interaction. Sorry to sound mad just frustrated I can't use such a awesome mod.

The one from the SETI balance mod post that I linked is actually something else as I couldn't reproduce it, aside from a tiny rounding error from MechJeb which showed with and without KIS.

Edited by smjjames

The one from the SETI balance mod post that I linked is actually something else as I couldn't reproduce it, aside from a tiny rounding error from MechJeb which showed with and without KIS.

Hey, I rephrased my post, with the adding twice I actually meant added to dry mass and then added again to wet mass on top of it.

Hey, I rephrased my post, with the adding twice I actually meant added to dry mass and then added again to wet mass on top of it.

I meant the post over in your thread wondering about vessel mass because they noticed something with girders, but I didn't see what that person saw and I don't use modular girders (not sure what they're talking about) or tweakscale, so....

The context kind of got lost between quotes due to the one quote at a time thing that this forum has.

EDIT: Actually, I may have misunderstood the linked post as referring to a possible bug with KIS.

Edited by smjjames

Why is Kerbalmass so important for you guys? it's a cheat making Kerbals lighter. Light Kerbals have much more dV and can go orbit from Mun with only EVA packs.

Without changing, Kerbals are much too dense. Which is a problem when mods like BetterBuoyancy are used, because stock Kerbals behave like fish, floating beneath the surface. So actually it is a bug fix and not a cheat. Unfortunately the EVA thrust and fuel capacity is designed for the ridiculous stock mass...

Yemo: You would sink too with a suit ~7x your mass.

Well, BetterBuoyancy already increased water density by a factor of 2 I guess.

The fact remains, the stock kerbals are way too dense for balanced gameplay/mods.

KIS 1.0.2 released.

Small update this time, only fixing a critical issue ;)

1.0.2 (5 April, 2015)
[LIST]
[*]Fix wrong mass calculation for part with resources

KIS 1.0.2 released.

1.0.2 (5 April, 2015)
[LIST]
[/LIST]

Thanks for dealing with it so quickly :)

Also, is there a KAS to KIS storage converter that works for sure? Because I want to get started with a base, but I haven't converted the internal MKS base module KAS container into the KIS inventory system, and I know that the KAS inventory system will be phased out soon.

Unless KospY is waiting for 1.0 to do that?

KospY: do you have a connection to Gallifrey? It's the only way I can think of the containers having 1000L capacity in a box that's less than 1m on a side. :)

Well, look at all the times the Doctor rebuilt something, and added 'bigger on the inside' tech to it. Stuff was bound to get around. He also built anti-grav units into a child's toy once, as I recall...

- - - Updated - - -

MK1 command pod (stock)

MK2 lander can (stock)

Taurus HCV

S2 reusable pod (B9)

Edit2: I looked at some of my unmanned (and thus no monoprop carrying command pods) ships and after being confused momentarily by MechJeb adding the weight of the clamps in flight, the only discrepancy that I found is what looks like a MJ rounding error from 366.426 to 366.425 which is present both with and without KIS. So, the problem from that post isn't KIS.

Holy kraken, no wonder some of my reliable ships stopped making it to orbit [lack of fuel or flipping out like they were top heavy.] I never realized what was going on.

Edited by vardicd

KIS 1.0.2 released.

1.0.2 (5 April, 2015)
[LIST]
[/LIST]

Awesome thank you for the super rapids turn around. Love the mod so much!