[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

It appears there is a problem with KIS and Female Kerbals: When they leave the Capsule for an EVA, they just bounce off, and are not affected by Gravity. Removing KIS seems to have solved this bug for me. Maybe you people want to check and confirm/disprove this.

Original Bugreport: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117599-Valentina-being-flung-off-when-eva-d

It appears there is a problem with KIS and Female Kerbals: When they leave the Capsule for an EVA, they just bounce off, and are not affected by Gravity. Removing KIS seems to have solved this bug for me. Maybe you people want to check and confirm/disprove this.

Original Bugreport: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117599-Valentina-being-flung-off-when-eva-d

Oh no. I currently have a Female Kerbal in a Duna expedition. She's in a habitation module using KIS parts, too. So until this mod is properly updated(which will likely take a looong time; I estimate around July), she's stuck within the craft. :(

At least there are 5 other Kerbals to keep her company, I guess.

KIS 1.1 released ! :)

Here is the changelog :

[B]1.1.0
[/B]
- KSP 1.0 Compatibility
- [New Part] 2.5m inline container (20 000L)
- [New Part] Ground base (similar to KAS Pylon)
- [Feature] Part snapping on stack nodes (electric screwdriver only)
- [Feature] Containers snapping on mount (removed "item drag to mount" behaviour)
- [Feature] Small containers can now be carried on kerbal's back (but kerbal speed is limited on ground)
- [Feature] Allow part from editor scene to be dragged to inventory (for tweaking them before storing them)
- [Feature] Added multiple node support for PartMount module
- [Feature] Added TweakScale compatibility
- [Feature] Added ability to name containers
- [Feature] Added a button in the kerbal inventory to put/remove helmet
- [Feature] Added ability to set equip to "model"(default), "part" or "physic" in ModuleKISItem
- [Feature] New item module to tweak some kerbal parameters when item is equipped (for modding)
- [Feature] Current attach node is now displayed on the cursor
- [Feature] Show science data of stored items
- [Feature] Settings.cfg file is now loaded as a confignode (allow module manager to add partModules to the Stackable list)
- [Feature] Show content resources, cost, mass and science data for stored containers
- [Change] Disabled surface attach for stack part nodes
- [Change] Disabled surface attach for part not allowing it
- [Change] Increased default grab range to 3 meters
- [Change] Part cost, mass and r&d updated for KSP 1.0
- [Change] Reduced the number of slots of the small container
- [Fix] "Open inventory" context menu max distance now use the grab distance from settings.cfg
- [Fix] Disabled editor set quantity item context menu when part is not stackable
- [Fix] Fixed a crash when trying to store a command pod from the editor
- [Fix] Fixed item icon not returning to default rotation
- [Fix] Prevent a crash if an item is added in the same slot on loading
- [Fix] Re-arrange inventories when size is changed
- [Fix] Removed a double when changing attach node
- [Fix] Prevent storing a container in itself
- [Fix] Prevent attaching a part on itself
- [Fix] Fixed incorrect checking of volume available when stacking in the same inventory

jgIkX2dh.png

Lot of new features for this update, hope you enjoy it !

It's probably not even compatible with 1.0 anyway. Try the one which just got released.

@KospY: Awesome :D

Also, Commissioner Tadpole, you are SO pessimistic, lol......

Edited by smjjames

It's probably not even compatible with 1.0 anyway. Try the one which just got released.

Many of us had the problem Filigan described. KIS 1.0 was mostly compatible with KSP 1.0. Inventory systems worked as did attach/detach, etc.

EDIT: Happy to report that KIS 1.1 worked perfectly when retrieving Kerbals. Just 5 minutes ago, I rescued both a male and female kerbal without a problem.

Edited by Apollo13

Aside from my joy that KIS is updated Id also like to express my sadness that you have changed your profile pic KospY =(

From the very first I started using KAS mod your pic has been of Doc from BTTF.....I had always imagined the good Doc himself making these pipes, winches, and storage boxes for the little kerbals..with a good many "GREAT SCOTT"s shouted in the VAB!

All joking aside...thank for your continued work to giving the KSP mob this wonderful functionality, Thank You KospY and all who have ever help expand/update/maintain the KAS/KIS mod!

- [Feature] Part snapping on stack nodes (electric screwdriver only)

You have no idea how long I have been waiting for such a feature. Mucho, mucho gracias!

Don't forget to change your attachment point with "R" key to select the node you want to use for attachement.

I updated the guide for more explanations about new features.

(Just taking advantage of your comment to highlight this one in the forum before people ask ;) )

Edited by winn75

Don't forget to change your attachment point with "R" key to select the node you want to use for attachement.

I updated the guide for more explanations about new features.

(Just taking advantage of your comment to highlight this one in the forum before people ask ;) )

Aha, no worries.

I haven't implemented KIS / KAS in any of my add-ons just yet, but the stack attachment in EVA feature was something I had in mind for a truss system I'm planning for FusTek :)

It says it's updated for 1.0, but part attachment isn't working. I can take something out of an inventory, detach parts from a rocket, and try to attach them.. but when the part appears after being attached it's free floating in space instead of being attached.

It says it's updated for 1.0, but part attachment isn't working. I can take something out of an inventory, detach parts from a rocket, and try to attach them.. but when the part appears after being attached it's free floating in space instead of being attached.

Did you use the X-key to attach? I ask, because it works for me. Which part is giving you problems?

Maybe someone can help me out - whenver I try to attach something (by pressing X), it just says "Time Warp X1". I checked my key bindings - X was bound to something weird (not time warp), but I un-bound it and this sitll happens.

"Time Warp X1" is from KAC, I believe - it binds the (default) kill throttle key to setting timewarp to 1x. If it bothers you, have a look in KAC's settings to see if you can change it.

I can't locate the screwdriver or wrench anywhere in 1.0. Am I missing a dependency somewhere??

KIS have no dependency.

Items are found in a new category in the VAB.

If you don't see it try to disable others mods, maybe something is conflicting with KIS ?

Looks like I encountered a bug. I flew to a location with a kerbal (pilot) having a 2HOT Thermometer in his inventory. I wanted him to then use it in EVA but there wasn't such an option. Then I tried to put the Thermometer down on the ground and it went BOOOOM! The kerbal is alive but in shock; he didn't think thermometers explode when taken out of pocket.