[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

yes :)

thank you... haven't noticed that mod.

but if it uses the KIS-mechanics, that would be nice.

another thing I thought about yesterday: a fairing-shaped container for vessels, which acts like a fairing, but stores the vessel inside. this way, during ascend, the computer doesn't need to calculate all the parts of the payload.

Edited by Hotblack Desiato

When i drag and drop a part, i was kick in space :(

vid :https://vid.me/vZ2c

Maybe because KIS is for version 1.0 and ksp is 1.0.2 ?

hahahah that video made me laugh maniacally. I was expecting a light shove but nooooo more like a powerful railgun xD still, I'm sorry that you have this very weird issue though :o

Also to the OP, do I see it correctly that this mod will make it possible to build anything anywhere? :D

If so I think I might just start crying. I really loved KAS but was a little sad as to how limited the part count was. The new UI and part selection mechanism is amazing, I love it. An absolute must have for when I finally switch to 1.0.

Edited by TheXRuler

i could be wrong but i thought there was a stated issue with docking ports not playing nice - and i thought there was a work around - i'll do some digging, i may be crazy but we'll see...

- - - Updated - - -

ok so it was a crash bug with the docking ports - anytime you placed one you crashed - not sure if that'll work here but the fix for that was to drop the part first before trying to attach (ie dont attach directly from inventory or container)

good luck

Hahaha brilliant mod! :D

Just finished the first upgrade of one of three satellites that needed extra juice to operate on the dark side.

I changed my mind and wanted to put them in a higher orbit, but forgot to calculate the extra dark time that would result from such an orbit.

I didn't want to just scrap the satellites, so, KIS to the rescue!!!

Put together a maintanance vessel and attached a few containers to the side, launched it and got it out to the first of 3 ... and after abit of fiddling around with how KIS works, I finally upgraded it with 4 extra battery packs and 4 extra solarpanels (just in case).

Works beautifully, but I did learn that having some railings to hold on to would help. So next time I go up to either repair or build something in space, then some handles or ladders are gonna be brought along aswell. :wink:

Satelitte%20Upgrade.jpg~original

Just finished the first upgrade of one of three satellites that needed extra juice to operate on the dark side.

I changed my mind and wanted to put them in a higher orbit, but forgot to calculate the extra dark time that would result from such an orbit.

Put together a maintanance vessel and attached a few containers to the side, launched it and got it out to the first of 3 ... and after abit of fiddling around with how KIS works, I finally upgraded it with 4 extra battery packs and 4 extra solarpanels (just in case).

Works beautifully, but I did learn that having some railings to hold on to would help. So next time I go up to either repair or build something in space, then some handles or ladders are gonna be brought along aswell. :wink:

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg111/gaarni/Satelitte%20Upgrade.jpg~original

Agree 1000%. As much of a Roverdude fanboy as I am, I still think KIS/KAS should have been something rolled into stock before resources. The ability to have some real uses for EVA are huge. I mean IRL we haven't even sent manned missions past the moon but astronauts have been doing EVA repairs for decades.

I'm having several issues trying to attach parts.

One, if I my kerbonaut too close when attaching a part I am kicked out about 5km from the craft.

Two, if the kerbonaut is far enough away to avoid the kick out, the part appears several hundred meters away from the target craft, not actually attached. :(

I'm having several issues trying to attach parts.

One, if I my kerbonaut too close when attaching a part I am kicked out about 5km from the craft.

Two, if the kerbonaut is far enough away to avoid the kick out, the part appears several hundred meters away from the target craft, not actually attached. :(

Try bringing ladders and put your Kerbal on them before attaching other parts.

I tried going back a few pages in this thread, but here is my problem:

I tried using the Oxygen-hydrogen full cell, but when ever I use it it and let it run for a few minutes it starts to over heat both the full cell and the rest of the ship.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm using it wrong (like not adding cooling if there's cooling in the mod?) or if there's something wrong with the amount of heat that's getting generated by the full cells.

I was making a unnamed Kerbonaut rescue drone using the full cell as a power and water generator ;.;

I tried going back a few pages in this thread, but here is my problem:

I tried using the Oxygen-hydrogen full cell, but when ever I use it it and let it run for a few minutes it starts to over heat both the full cell and the rest of the ship.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm using it wrong (like not adding cooling if there's cooling in the mod?) or if there's something wrong with the amount of heat that's getting generated by the full cells.

I was making a unnamed Kerbonaut rescue drone using the full cell as a power and water generator ;.;

This is a wrong thread to ask gameplay questions unrelated to the mod. Please refer to Gameplay Questions and Tutorials.

That being said, I don't know why your fuel cells overheat while internal heat generation is disabled for them by default.

Can I change this antenna with KIS and a screwdriver ?

wxYDtn5.png

Also, Can I put a computer there with KIS ? I forgot. I have Kerbonaut, so it is not a problem, but when I EVA I can not control it and it is frustrating.

Edited by Mapoko

Uhm, which antenna are you referring to?

The big parabolic one in the back there or?

If so, then I don't think so. Not with the wrench. You need a drill for that I think ..... or maybe you can. It's not really a large componment once it's retracted.

If you are to try, make sure you have a drill available, just in case. :wink:

Uhm, which antenna are you referring to?

The big parabolic one in the back there or?

If so, then I don't think so. Not with the wrench. You need a drill for that I think ..... or maybe you can. It's not really a large componment once it's retracted.

If you are to try, make sure you have a drill available, just in case. :wink:

Yeah, I meant the more powerful power tool, not the lesser one.

Then I can attach the new one with no problems ? I had problems attaching parts in 0.90.

And yes, I was talking about the 88-88 you see near the drill.

I have tried several times and reinstalled KIS but I can never put any inventory in the containers. Anyone had this issue?

You have to click and hold, then drag from the parts catalog to the inventory screen. If that is what you have been doing, please answer the questions below.

What version of KIS and KSP are you using?

What operating system?

Could you post a pic of your Gamedata folder?

Could you post your output_log.txt (Windows) or player.log(Mac/Linux)

Edited by ExplorerKlatt

No updates for 1.0.2 yet? Or is it not necessary?

It continues to give me an error on loading the game, but it seems to work as intended. I can't find anywhere obvious to change a version number so I'm guessing it's in the DLL.

Dear Developers,

I would have just attempted to read the KIS user guide by clicking on the book as instructed.

Sadly, due in part to my age group, page two is almost unreadable. This is primarily due to the lack of high quality text (it is very blurry), and in blue text. Things improve slightly on the following pages partly due to a slightly larger font (I think) and bold text.

Please consider changing the colour to black to improve the contrast. This small change will greatly improve the clarity of the text. An increase in font size would also be much appreciated.

Thank in advance

I have something on my todo list about this. I will add a way to increase the page size ingame.

- - - Updated - - -

Found a bug (I think): Kerbals can "carry" multiple items (ie, not in their inventory).

I have a set of items configured as ModuleKISItemEvaTweaker:

Dragging an item into a Kerbal's inventory makes the Kerbal carry it, as expected, however, adding a second one of these items only pops up a warning that the equipment slot is already used, but still adds the item to the Kerbal's inventory.

I'd expect the second item to fail being added, or are there some additional settings I'm missing?

Thanks.

Thanks for the report, I will take a look.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but: If you load up all of the seat inventories of the Hitch-hiker Storage container for example, but there is no Kerbal in the seat, you cannot access the inventory of that seat. Is that a feature or a bug?

I just imagined you would be able to right click and 'access inventory of seat 0' or something.

EDIT: To clarify, you fill the inventory in VAB, but then can't access it after launch.

Edited by Eddyster

So far, the only reason I wanted to use this mod was to fix the direction of Fuel Ducts which got bugged in VAB and point in the wrong direction.

And this mod, apparently, cannot do anything useful with Struts/Fuel Ducts - not with the ones already installed, nor for new ones from storage.

Stock struts/fuel ducts are not supported right now. However I will try to see if it's possible to use them in flight.

Meanwhile, you can use strut/pipe from KAS (it will normally be updated this week).

- - - Updated - - -

When I first launch up KSP 1.0.2, I get that KIS 1.1.1 isn't compatible with KSP. I am on Windows 7 64 bit. I believe everything works fine in game, it just keeps popping up that window every time I launch.

I will release an update for this. Meanwhile, I don't think 1.0.2 broke KIS (minor update), KIS should work normally.

- - - Updated - - -

Impressive... Can you reproduce the problem ? Does it happen in kerbin orbit ?

- - - Updated - - -

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg111/gaarni/Satelitte%20Upgrade.jpg~original

Great job :)

An eva tether is planned for KAS. It will not be in the v0.5 update but I hope it will be ready for v0.6. I hope that will help for attaching things in space. Meanwhile, ladders is your friend ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Agree 1000%. As much of a Roverdude fanboy as I am, I still think KIS/KAS should have been something rolled into stock before resources. The ability to have some real uses for EVA are huge. I mean IRL we haven't even sent manned missions past the moon but astronauts have been doing EVA repairs for decades.

I agree. But my main concern is about the current resource system : Ore is stored like a liquid and we need a dedicated tank for each ressource added in game.

It's also a shame they used "ore" instead of something like "gas" for me. Crafting is on my todo list, so I will need to find another name for the resource used to create parts.

I would also like to create something different for resource exploitation, something involving kerbal and the use of tools. Nothing sure yet, I'm waiting more information about the roadmap of KSP post 1.0 release.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but: If you load up all of the seat inventories of the Hitch-hiker Storage container for example, but there is no Kerbal in the seat, you cannot access the inventory of that seat. Is that a feature or a bug?

I just imagined you would be able to right click and 'access inventory of seat 0' or something.

EDIT: To clarify, you fill the inventory in VAB, but then can't access it after launch.

It's by design. I can't prevent a kerbal (with an inventory full) to enter a pod on a seat with some existing items.

If I allow empty seat to be used like a container, some items will be lost if no room are available in the destination seat.

Edited by KospY

KospY, did not you think about moving buttons for sub-inventories of part to external panel instead of using right-click menu? It's really painful to see 10 and more buttons "open seat inventory X" in some parts with a lot of seats.

Hello.

Why is it that when I try to attach things with the KIS system (drag and drop from the inventory), the part just flies away, but when I use the KAS system (Grab, Attach), it works perfectly fine?