[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

I'm having a strange / irritating bug / glitch.

Randomly, KIS parts in VAB/SPH don't appear under the inventory tab. When this happens, I no longer have access to inventories on command pods. (Seat 0, Seat 1, ect)

Close down and reboot KSP and it's all loaded correctly.

Strange possibly related problem. I added a few items to the inventory for a pod and it showed up fine for the kerbal in that seat, but when I EVA the kerbal's inventory is suddenly empty and when they go back into the pod the inventory is also empty.

It seems to be isolated to the UKS Training Akademy module...another strange thing about that module is you do not see the crew inside and when you EVA them the focus stays on the ship instead of going to the EVA kerbal.

Edited by Smurfalot

Hi Vorg!

To attach solarpanels you need to press "x" while the panel is green coloured - the mouse icon will change to an electric screwdriver if done right. I recommend to try it on the launchpad first...

To capture a free floating part i recommend to get in range and match up speed with soft touches of the control. Bring up your inventory with "tab" and press "r" to disable the EVApack. Then press and hold "g" hover cursor over the part and drag&drop it to your inventory.

To get a snap for surface mounted part you need to use the electric screwdriver - then press "r" - its not possible with the wrench.

hope this helps to use one of the best mods properly...

I already knew that stuff. You have to hold the key down to attache. If you let up too soon, it just places the part. I placed 2 panels and went for the 3rd when the first 2 started floating off. I found I wasn't holding the key long enough. But the problem was, I could not interact with the floating panels. I was close enough to bump them, but could not grab them. I could pick up loose parts at KSC, but not floating in space. And I know the screwgun is for snap to parts. I got a chute to snap to. But a docking port jr didn't want to snap to the mount point. I just attached where ever it was regardless of which tool I used. I was trying to connect to a round structure on the runway in sand box to test attaching to atachment points.

Apologies if this is covered somewhere as I'm finding a search difficult:

If I have a container (in this case a Cargo Transfer Bag with TACLS supplies) in the "seat" inventory of a part, is there any way to have it be considered a resource available to that part? You'd think a Kerbal wouldn't have any trouble ripping open a container of snacks under their seat.

Strange possibly related problem. I added a few items to the inventory for a pod and it showed up fine for the kerbal in that seat, but when I EVA the kerbal's inventory is suddenly empty and when they go back into the pod the inventory is also empty.

It seems to be isolated to the UKS Training Akademy module...another strange thing about that module is you do not see the crew inside and when you EVA them the focus stays on the ship instead of going to the EVA kerbal.

That is because that model has no IVA.

KIS does very weird things in my experience (including making Kerbals debris) when there is no IVA.

Apologies if this is covered somewhere as I'm finding a search difficult:

If I have a container (in this case a Cargo Transfer Bag with TACLS supplies) in the "seat" inventory of a part, is there any way to have it be considered a resource available to that part? You'd think a Kerbal wouldn't have any trouble ripping open a container of snacks under their seat.

In the .cfg file for the part you want to be used, you have to add coding to make it equippable from inventory. Usable from pod means you don't have to take it out of the inventory in order to utilize it. I plan on doing the same with USI life support parts.

EDIT: from post #837 on this thread...

[COLOR=#417394]MODULE[/COLOR]
{
name = ModuleKISItem
shortcutKeyAction = drop
usableFromEva = true
usableFromContainer = true
usableFromPod = false
usableFromEditor = false
stackable = true
volumeOverride = 0
editorItemsCategory = false
}

Edited by -ctn-

That won't solve the problem of parts with no IVA.

My question? No. But in cases where you really don't "need" seat storage you can at least make it less confusing rather than have people fill the seats only to lose the items later.

The part in question is the MKS Training Academy, which has 12 seats, so, I don't think just ANY IVA would work.

Tested this on that module with the 4 seat hitchhiker can IVA, any seat that does not have a proper IVA is treated as "empty" and is bugged by KIS.

Internal node is needed for KIS.

I'm not sure if the "Placeholder" internal still exist in 1.0, but you can try this MM patch :

@PART
[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity
[*],!INTERNAL[]]:FINAL
{
INTERNAL
{
name = Placeholder
}
}

Edited by KospY

Internal node is needed for KIS.

I'm not sure if the "Placeholder" internal still exist in 1.0, but you can try this MM patch :

@PART
[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity
[*],!INTERNAL[]]:FINAL
{
INTERNAL
{
name = Placeholder
}
}

Thanks, it worked :)

But the problem was, I could not interact with the floating panels. I was close enough to bump them, but could not grab them. I could pick up loose parts at KSC, but not floating in space.

I meant this part quite literaly "Then press and hold "g" hover cursor over the part and drag&drop it to your inventory." - for me its often neccessary to hover the cursor over the part after pressing and holding "g", if i press with the cursor on the part it doesnt' work...

I have asked this before, but didn't see any answer...

besides the SHAPE, is there any difference between the Concrete block in KIS and the Pylon in KAS?

yes they are shaped differently, but is there any Function/use/intention difference?

I have asked this before, but didn't see any answer...

besides the SHAPE, is there any difference between the Concrete block in KIS and the Pylon in KAS?

yes they are shaped differently, but is there any Function/use/intention difference?

I have wondered the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Hm, what if you were to use that 16 seat passenger cabin IVA?

Out of curiosity, where is that located, is that a squad part?

Contract support please.

I sent up a space station (to Min) but forgot the antenna... No problem because I have the twins KIS and KAS. So I made a service vehicle full of spare parts and an engineer. Went and attached an antenna...

But it doesn't seem to want to trigger the contract component that mentions antenna. Do I need to leave the sphere of influence?

I tried restarting the game. I tried undocking a part to see if that would prompt a "rebuild" of its capabilities. Ideas?

PS can I suggest a Fun Pack addition? Paper Airplanes with the ability to give them a throw. Atmosphere = some lift. Low Gravity = long throw. etc. Could also make darts with a different model.

So it looks like ModuleKISItemEvaPropellant allows transfer of resources, but specifically for EVA propellant to a Kerbal's suit. Is there a more general module that allows resource transfer from the part to a targeted part? A "ModuleKISItemResupply"?

So it looks like ModuleKISItemEvaPropellant allows transfer of resources, but specifically for EVA propellant to a Kerbal's suit. Is there a more general module that allows resource transfer from the part to a targeted part? A "ModuleKISItemResupply"?

Did you try the code I posted? From the KIS wiki? If you specify usable from container / pod / EVA in the ModuleKISItem code you should be able to transfer supplies that way. I haven't tried it with fuel containers yet though.

Did you try the code I posted? From the KIS wiki? If you specify usable from container / pod / EVA in the ModuleKISItem code you should be able to transfer supplies that way. I haven't tried it with fuel containers yet though.

I tried that code with "usableFromPod = true", and it gave a "Use" button when right clicking the item from inventory, but nothing seems to happen, even if TACLS resources in the pod are not full. The part has a probably obsolete "KASModuleGrab", could that be conflicting with it?