[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

Hello, thank's for assist.

So i finish by look the part... it's not an KiS part but an Lack Luster Labs (working before lastest patch of KiS/KaS)

Sorry for my "noproblem" it's not an KiS bug !

Just quickly dropping by to say I really love this mod! It makes EVA so much more purposeful and enjoyable. I recently constructed some solar arrays with it, and they turned out great!

cR1uQaX.png

peFi5bD.png

Thanks for doing such a great job!

Thanks to everyone involved in building/maintaining this mod! I just started using it. I've got one propblem and it's not KIS' fault, but I do wonder if people know a solution.

When I go EVA in space, does anyone know a way to kill all relative velocity to station/ship? The kerbal is impossible to stop. That makes building or rearranging parts a terrible job.

Yeah, ladders. But I would like something else.

Thanks to everyone involved in building/maintaining this mod! I just started using it. I've got one propblem and it's not KIS' fault, but I do wonder if people know a solution.

When I go EVA in space, does anyone know a way to kill all relative velocity to station/ship? The kerbal is impossible to stop. That makes building or rearranging parts a terrible job.

Yeah, ladders. But I would like something else.

Yes.

Ladders are so Apollo Era.

Go modern and try MMUs and magnetize yourself in place: http://kerbalx.com/inigma/STS-Service-Module

AhasXmk.png

Edited by inigma

Some crazy bad ideas:

1-Bring a ladder with you, zip it in place with X, do your job and get it back in your inventory

2-re texture a ladder as a handle and repeat 1

3- put MJ/kos in the vessel and maneuver it so it comes to a stop relative to your kerbal (BTW can you maneuver kerbals with kos? That would be cool)

4- put super glue in your left hand and stick it to the rocket (you may need a kerbal friend to lend you another hand while you hold the screwdriver)

Yes.

Ladders are so Apollo Era.

Go modern and try MMUs and magnetize yourself in place: http://kerbalx.com/inigma/STS-Service-Module

http://i.imgur.com/AhasXmk.png

What kind of contraption is that??? Looks cool!

From looking at the configs: the wrench allows parts up to 0.5 tonnes to be attached radially, and the electric screwdriver is an upgrade to it and allows you to radially and stack attach parts up to 100 tonnes.

I think that information is displayed when you put one in an inventory, but I'm not totally sure.

Sorry if it's already been asked, but does anyone know why the "EVA Items" tab in the VAB would have suddenly vanished? I'm using the Infernal Robotics Rework and that's apparently supposed to add its own tab as well and, that too, is missing for some reason. It's actually made finding and using these items impossible short of hunting through Squad's extended filters list.

So a question for you guys who work on KIS/KAS. How much tolerance does the physics have, do you think? I'm debating on the efficacy of a multi-kilometer long pipeline using pumps and ground pylons (tedious perhaps but I could do it) to route resources from a rich deposit to my Mun base. How far do you think I could make such a line before the physics started screaming and collapsing on me?

It depends on the involved masses and forces. Just a small wobble at one end can cause havoc at the other end. You'll need some kind of flexible joint every few meters (test how much you need) to absorb stress. Maybe a U-shaped line with uncontrolled IR joints could do the job. In RL long pipes have U-turns every few hundred meters for the exact same reason.

I think nobody tested out what the maximum size for a craft can be in this game. Structures up to 1 km have been built but more should be possible. The upper end is probably marked by one of the following limits:

- end of physics bubble around the CoM of the active vessel (2.5 km in most cases)

- decreasing position, angular and velocity precision (the further out the worse it becomes)

- KSP recenters the point of origin of the global coordinate system to the center of your vessel if it moves 6? km away from it. That means the universe moves, not your craft. The game does it to increase precision of all calculations (see the point above this one).

- I once saw a video of the devs where they showed that at about 20 km away from the center of the coordinate system phantom forces will appear and start shaking your craft. At about 60 km or so even simple crafts (1x pod, 1x tank, 1x engine) will start to disassemble because of that.

- Every terrain in the game has 10 detail levels (LOD - level of detail). They become visible depending on the distance of the camera and the terrain. The closer you get the more details are shown and vice versa. I don't know the distances at which LOD switch. It could be only 10 km between the highest LOD and the second highest one. This means the terrain will change heights and your pipes either fall down because they are in mid-air or simple disintegrate when they are now underground.

I guess you shouldn't build a pipeline with a length of more than about 5 km.

Edit:

40 km? Forget it.

Edited by *Aqua*

There's a joke in here somewhere about "pipe dreams" but kraken'd if I've the skill to make it. Ah well, it was an idea at least, right? I'll just need to figure out something else..

Hello, I am having serious issues. Every time I try to attach something, it will not allow me to. I am holding x, and right-clicking, as the guide says. The only other mod I have is KAS.

Hello, I am having serious issues. Every time I try to attach something, it will not allow me to. I am holding x, and right-clicking, as the guide says. The only other mod I have is KAS.

It should be hold x and left click.

Hi. I have a Little trouble with KIS module

i have try a Lot But i can't put any piece in the container (or in the kerbal inventory) after Take it out and drop (or attach). The game, if i try to do (following the instruction and mantain the G for grab), drop the item out (and sometime it explode) But never in the inventory.

The secondo Thing: i can't put any piece in the Back of any kerbal (instead the piece drop), Even if i follow the instruction. I have try a Lot But the piece drop on the kerbal and flow on the ground (and explode).