[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

Wasn't it possible on Laythe too?

No. Laythe atmosphere is toxic. Presence of oxygen is not guarantee of atmosphere being breathable.

So if I open the inventory and click it there it works fine. Must have been some other MOD I had installed that allowed me to do it by right-clicking on them. And used to be when on Kerbin they wouldn't even be wearing space suits until they got into vacuum.

Anyway, thanks for helping with my silly questions.

yep, its a bit weird xD

why? Does it actually show the light sources hovering over the kerbal's head? If so kospy should have a look at TextureReplacer code, because when you have helmets off and lights on you just get ground illumination

This mod is amazing. It has made me want to play kerbal space program all weekend. and then I suddenly thought, it would be sweet if instead of just using resources to make fuel what about to fabricate steel and 3D print stuff in space. then USING KIS and KAS you could literally colonise very distant places very easily. even with one refinery and fabricator. I personally wouldn't even know where to start modding this. But the KIS and KAS team what do you think about this?

mintme There are already two options for what you describe: Extraplanetary Launchpads and OSE Workshop. The first (my mod) lets you build anything from single parts (if you save the part as a .craft first) through satelites and ships, all the way to bases and space stations. The latter works directly with KIS and lets you build parts directly without futzing with .craft files.

Is it possible to detach a part from a vessel without being an Engineer? Ideally it would normally take an Engineer to detach the part, but this special part could be detached by anybody.

The update changelog of the last KIS version contains this line:

• [Enhancement] Explosives can be attached without a tool

You can look at their config.

Meanwhile, fiddling with the new "H" button.

It's awesome, you can severe your station in two, without disassembling it from one of the ends.

ihLxV2S.jpg

Teamwork.

Getting a true biggie (15t) attached to a station without docking ports.

BpKnxAN.png

hEAGfiO.png

Edited by Enceos

The update changelog of the last KIS version contains this line:

• [Enhancement] Explosives can be attached without a tool

You can look at their config.

Meanwhile, fiddling with the new "H" button.

It's awesome, you can severe your station in two, without disassembling it from one of the ends.

http://i.imgur.com/ihLxV2S.jpg

Teamwork.

Getting a true biggie (15t) attached to a station without docking ports.

http://i.imgur.com/BpKnxAN.png

http://i.imgur.com/hEAGfiO.png

That did the trick, thanks! Now I can drop the Outback mounting rack. :)

Normally I don't cross-post, but thanks to KIS/KAS, Pathfinder is possible. In a nutshell, Pathfinder lets you build a base using KIS/KAS and perform geoscience to improve your resource extraction rates. Here is the latest of what Pathfinder can do thanks to your fabulous mod:

CKAN/KerbalStuff update is on the way..

0.1.5: Bonanza

Orbiting satellites are great for detecting resources from space, but advanced sensors take a long time to research. With this update, Pathfinder introduces resource scanning tech earlier in the game- assuming it works. Additionally, the Geology Lab can do things that the stock surface scanner can- and more if you staff it right. Finally, the new Outback gives you a handy way to haul small amounts of resources around without lugging the Buckboard.

New Parts

- Added the T.E.R.R.A.I.N. Geo Scanner. If it breaks down, you'll have to repair it. Don't want it to break? You can change it in the settings menu.

- Added the Outback Extravehicular Support Pack (ESP). It's great for hauling a small amount of resources around, and it's EVA friendly. It can be attached to the exterior of a vessel by pressing the "H" key, and detached using the "G" key. Anybody can use it.

Ponderosa

- Cleaned up the Ponderosa right-click menu and moved a lot of functionality to the Ponderosa Operations window. Access it via the Manage Operations button in the right-click menu.

Pathfinder Geology Lab

- The Geology Lab is now controlled through the Operations window. Simply right-click on the Ponderosa, press the Manage Operations button, and press the Show button to manage the Geology Lab.

- The Geology Lab can now perform a surface analysis of the biome if properly staffed.

- If you have the Impact mod (I recommend it), the Geology Lab can lend its seismometer to the cause if properly staffed.

Templates

- Added the Prime Flux Battery template to the Buckboard and Outback, named after Prime Flux, who suggested the idea. Thanks Prime Flux!
:)

ToolTips & Settings

- Added a tooltip to remind players that the requirement to pay for redecorating/inflating the Ponderosa can be turned off.

- The Settings window can now be toggled using the modifier key (which defaults to the Alt key on Windows) plus P instead of being hard coded to the Alt key.

Resources & Storage

- Added the PhotoMaterials resource for taking pictures.

- Adjusted the Buckboard's storage capacity when not being used to store KIS items.

- You can now access the Chuckwagon's inventory from inside the module.

KIS/KAS

- Updated the saddle to account for the latest changes in KIS.

- Thanks to the latest version of KIS, non-engineers can attach the drill to a vessel with the "H" key and grab it with the "G" key.

Recommended Mod

Impact:

Could you please implement a simple "drop object" button, rather than making me try to attach the part to the Kerbal? Then hopefully it'll just float there in space and not fly off really quickly.

Glory to the developer(s) for their work in implementing this feature. Thank you very much! :D

How do you increase the distance that the 'open inventory' button shows up? Because it could be increased a meter or two for the 18k container IMO.

I would like to know this too. It got rather difficult building a docking arm on my station because the kerbal had to be like a meter or 2 from the middle of the container.

What determines which parts can and cannot be stored in the containers? Is it list based or what? Also, for parts that are large, like the trusses in the pictures, do the Kerbals actually carry them around in their own inventory?

What determines which parts can and cannot be stored in the containers? Is it list based or what? Also, for parts that are large, like the trusses in the pictures, do the Kerbals actually carry them around in their own inventory?

By default it is determined by the weight/volume of the part. If it fits it can be stored.

Thanks. And any part that can be moved around in space can be attached to others? So I could actually build things in orbit piece by piece without needing docking ports? If so that's awesome.

Edit: Oh also, does the weight of a container increase when parts are stored in it?

Edited by Sahadara
Forgot a part.

How do you use KIS to detach, move, and reattach larger volume objects like fuel tanks and engines? You can unbolt them, but you can't put them in inventory or grab and move them, so...?

I haul parts around my station via the KAS Winch. Simply slap the winch close to where you want the big part and slap a connector on the floating part, then attach the winch cable and slowly pull the winch. When the cable fully retracts the part will dock or not, depending on how wobbly it behaves. Either way you can bring the number of kerbals required by the part weight and attach the part where you wanted it in the first place.

My station now has docking ports only where I need them, everything else was attached via KIS. The node snap feature is awesome.

Edited by Enceos