[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

Thanks. And any part that can be moved around in space can be attached to others? So I could actually build things in orbit piece by piece without needing docking ports? If so that's awesome.

Yes, I do exactly that all the time. :)

dzq8wuG.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/3e490j/rocket_surgery/

Edit: Oh also, does the weight of a container increase when parts are stored in it?

Yes.

Would it be possible to make a much flatter and wider version of the concrete block to attach 1.25m and 2.5m part to on the ground and make it look flush? I've edited the stock radial attachment point to do this, but so far some of my bases explode when I go to land a ship at the base to unload more parts to build up a base? Having something that feels more like a foundation to build off of would be great.

Also, would it be possible to add a pod (or man able device) that would allow for greater reach and lift capabilities while inside with out having to edit the config file for the Kerbals themselves? This would go a long way in making in-situation base building more accommodating.

Thanks, and I love this mod. Really made my game far more enjoyable building on my desired destinations instead of hefting around ugly and unweidly base parts to land like rockets.

The update changelog of the last KIS version contains this line:

• [Enhancement] Explosives can be attached without a tool

You can look at their config.

Meanwhile, fiddling with the new "H" button.

It's awesome, you can severe your station in two, without disassembling it from one of the ends.

http://i.imgur.com/ihLxV2S.jpg

Teamwork.

Getting a true biggie (15t) attached to a station without docking ports.

http://i.imgur.com/BpKnxAN.png

http://i.imgur.com/hEAGfiO.png

How are you getting large parts close enough to attach? I tried using a winch but the parts would fly away as soon as I detached the connector port.

How are you getting large parts close enough to attach? I tried using a winch but the parts would fly away as soon as I detached the connector port.

I don't detach them from the connector ports and let them fly, I just grab them from the ports directly.

KIS 1.2.1 released!

Changelog

1.2.1 (29 July 2015)

• [Enhancement] Added key (B/N) to move up or down a part in drop mode
  • [Enhancement] Added a dedicated key to put/remove helmet (J)
  • [Enhancement] Added new stackable modules
  • [Enhancement] Added max sound distance parameter for ModuleKISItemSoundPlayer
  • [Enhancement] Added new parameters in moduleKISItem : useExternalPartAttach & useExternalStaticAttach (for KAS or others mods)
  • [Change] Modified the organization of the text keys under cursor
  • [Fix] Fixed editor part dragging
  • [Fix] Removed some unused debug lines
  • [Fix] Fixed eva speed not returning to the default value after moving a carried container to an inventory
  • [Fix] Kerbal headlamp is disabled when helmet is removed
  • [Fix] Prevent helmet sound to play if it cannnot be removed

Could you please implement a simple "drop object" button, rather than making me try to attach the part to the Kerbal? Then hopefully it'll just float there in space and not fly off really quickly.

Is not that simple, calculating the boundary of parts to safely drop it behind or in front of the kerbal is pretty difficult.

I let you imagine all the problems that can lead (dropping in another part in front of the kerbal, long part overlapping with another one or the kerbal...)

I rather prefer to let the player control where it drop the part. I added two news keys in KIS 1.2.1 to set the position (up/down) above the surface targeted. I hope that will help to drop objects without colliding with the kerbal or a part.

I don't detach them from the connector ports and let them fly, I just grab them from the ports directly.

Thanks. I tried that and ran into the can't grab a ROOT part issue. I plugged the connector as undocked which was probably my problem. I just started playing with orbital assembly and have not yet worked out the fine points of ship building to avoid parent/child issues when using KIS. Good to know that it is possible. I'll try harder next time.

Nice! Can you elaborate on what useExternalStaticAttach does? Pathfinder is built around your mod and I want to be sure that it works properly. I have a few parts that require the statc attach.

It simply disable ground attachement handling in moduleKISItem, to let KAS use his own KASModuleHarpoon. That can be used for others mods too if needed (KIS send events to the part on drop and attach).

- - - Updated - - -

Did you fix the exception that happens when you remove the carriable container from a kerbals inventory? I don't see that in the changelog.

When you move a carried container from a kerbal to another inventory?

If yes the exception crashed the evaTweaker module leading to this :

[Fix] Fixed eva speed not returning to the default value after moving a carried container to an inventory"

Edited by KospY

When you move a carried container from a kerbal to another inventory?

If yes the exception crashed the evaTweaker module leading to this :

I see, wasn't aware of the exception causing that, or didn't notice, somehow.

Nice update! Finally a max sound distance parameter. That will come in handy. Did you add it becasue of me, or was it planned anyway?

Because of you ;)

I'm not posting here often, but I follow the thread as much as I can.

Also, It was a really simple request to do :)

Because of you ;)

I'm not posting here often, but I follow the thread as much as I can.

Also, It was a really simple request to do :)

That is nice, thank you! :D

Edit: Hmm... I am not sure if I am doing this right. Edited the ghettoblaster, but it doesn't work for me. Or it gets too quiet too quick. I want to hear the music playing, let's say, 100m away form the source. How do I achieve this?

Edited by Space Scumbag

That is nice, thank you! :D

Edit: Hmm... I am not sure if I am doing this right. Edited the ghettoblaster, but it doesn't work for me. Or it gets too quiet too quick. I want to hear the music playing, let's say, 100m away form the source. How do I achieve this?

I made a mistake in the dll, please download KIS again.

To hear the music playing at 100m you need to add the parameter sndMaxDistance=100 in the ghettoblaster .cfg.

I made a mistake in the dll, please download KIS again.

To hear the music playing at 100m you need to add the parameter sndMaxDistance=100 in the ghettoblaster .cfg.

Ah, ok.

Yes, I already added this line in the cfg. I was wondering why it didn't worked.

[Fix] Kerbal headlamp is disabled when helmet is removed

KospY did you see my post about TextureReplacer? When you remove the helmet with TextureReplacer and switch on the helmet lights, you get ground illumination but no floating lights above the kerbals head. So there should be no reason to disable headlamps if people have TextureReplacer installed. I've made a request in the Pro Props thread for a flashlight object kerbals can hold in their hand :)

Any advice how to deal with external command seats? The preview icon is empty, so it's invisible while grabbing around. Of course it's a bug, that's needs to be fixed by Squad. But maybe some KIS experts know a trick?

I'm sending a rescue mission for my rover to bring some fuel. And it would be nice to also mount a seat so I could steer and see which direction I'm moving instead of looking upward in the can.. What a pity I didn't test it on kerbin :D

Any advice how to deal with external command seats? The preview icon is empty, so it's invisible while grabbing around. Of course it's a bug, that's needs to be fixed by Squad. But maybe some KIS experts know a trick?

I'm sending a rescue mission for my rover to bring some fuel. And it would be nice to also mount a seat so I could steer and see which direction I'm moving instead of looking upward in the can.. What a pity I didn't test it on kerbin :D

Read the github issue. Someone posted a fix.

Just saw this. So the problem was caused by a broken shader!

As squad didn't seem to fix this issue, I implemented the fix for the next update in KIS :)

You can thanks mongoose!

- - - Updated - - -

KospY did you see my post about TextureReplacer? When you remove the helmet with TextureReplacer and switch on the helmet lights, you get ground illumination but no floating lights above the kerbals head. So there should be no reason to disable headlamps if people have TextureReplacer installed. I've made a request in the Pro Props thread for a flashlight object kerbals can hold in their hand :)

Removing the helmet with KIS disable light and flares. If you use TextureReplacer, only the flare are disabled (I didn't change the way TextureReplacer work).

For KIS it's a design choice, without helmet the headlamp cannot work. Hopefully a flashlight will be available later ;)

Edited by KospY

hey, my flight plan for recovering junk from the surface of a planet is kinda broken:

1. Land a 5M class ship with huge-ass cargo bay and KAS winch.

2. Hook a connector to the module and draw it into the bay. -> PROBLEM: I can't find a way to grab connectors and carry them with the kerbal like in the olden days so I have to land the ship practically right on top of the thing to recover.

3. drag the thing into orbit, I can't really secure it with KAS.

4. release the part and remove the connector port.

5. Scrap the nosecone of the ship.

6. KIS-weld the part to recover to the 2.5m attach node where the nose was.

PROBLEM: the latest version can't seem to use the top node with KIS, gonna launch a new version of the ship with a virgin top node and see what happens.

7. fly home.

hey, my flight plan for recovering junk from the surface of a planet is kinda broken:

1. Land a 5M class ship with huge-ass cargo bay and KAS winch.

2. Hook a connector to the module and draw it into the bay. -> PROBLEM: I can't find a way to grab connectors and carry them with the kerbal like in the olden days so I have to land the ship practically right on top of the thing to recover.

3. drag the thing into orbit, I can't really secure it with KAS.

4. release the part and remove the connector port.

5. Scrap the nosecone of the ship.

6. KIS-weld the part to recover to the 2.5m attach node where the nose was.

PROBLEM: the latest version can't seem to use the top node with KIS, gonna launch a new version of the ship with a virgin top node and see what happens.

7. fly home.

It's unclear what the problem is at 2 and 7. Maybe try reading the manual. These sound like things KIS can do if done right. You need the screwdriver for stack attach and you can carry the connector port in the kerbal's inventory.