[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

I don't think you can do that to parts that are in the middle of a stack?

The only limitation is you can't select the root part but you can select any part connected to it. It doesn't matter how many children the part has. When you press H the two parts to be separated (parent and child) should both be highlighted in blue.

- - - Updated - - -

Need a little help here. Yesterday I practiced building a rover and base on the launch pad. Everything went well. I launched a supply ship to the Mun and then followed with a manned lander.

When my Kerbals (Bob and Bill) reached the lander, neither of them was able to attach one part to another. They could bring things out and drop them on the ground, but not attach them to each other.

I had messed around with the Traits file in GamePlay/Squad/Experience, so I figured that might be the cause of the trouble. I exited the game to restore the file to its original settings, but that did not help.

Can anyone tell me what the trouble is and/or what I'm doing wrong here?

The easiest wait to allow pilots/scientists to use tools is to edit the tool's part file and comment out the repair skil requirement. In terms of your install either re download KSP or copy the files from a clean install (I strongly recommend that everyone keep a clean install for this purpose. It's also great for keeping older versions of KSP).

The easiest wait to allow pilots/scientists to use tools is to edit the tool's part file and comment out the repair skil requirement. In terms of your install either re download KSP or copy the files from a clean install (I strongly recommend that everyone keep a clean install for this purpose. It's also great for keeping older versions of KSP).

Thanks, but that doesn't seem to have fixed it. Can you account for why it worked on Kerbin but not on the Mun?

Thanks, but that doesn't seem to have fixed it. Can you account for why it worked on Kerbin but not on the Mun?

No idea. There is no way for me to know what you did to your install or how to repair it other than suggest redownloading. In my install, I edited the wrench to allow all kerbals to use it by commenting out the repair skill line in the part config. It works everywhere and is not location dependent.

I have a question

How to connect struts using KIS?

Im probably not the fist one to ask this but I am having a really hard time finding the answer.

I know how to attach and detach other items (like solar panels) but i don't know how to connect a strut from one location to the other.

thanks for your time

Hello, I seem to be having a problem with the install. I put both KAS and KIS in the game data directory. The parts show up, I can place them in the box(s), but once my ship is in orbit and im ready with an engineer on Eva next to it and I click inventory, the inventory just flashes and goes away in an instant. This text appears also https://www.dropbox.com/s/eczm3lzpca...00002.jpg?dl=0 saying that "KIS/Sounds/containerOpen has not been found, Please check installation path!"

Wuts up with tat

KIS

KAS

Claws Stock Bug Fixes

And Kerbal Engineer are the only mods installed. KAS and KIS are only wanted so I can place struts in space

Edited by fireblade274

[TABLE=class: b-layout-table b-layout-table_layout_47-47]

[TR=class: b-layout-table__row]

[TD=class: b-layout-table__cell, colspan: 3]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TD=class: b-layout-table__cell, colspan: 3]

[/TD]

[TD=class: b-layout-table__gap][/TD]

[/TR]

[TD=class: b-layout-table__cell b-layout-table__cell_position_l]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TD=class: b-layout-table__cell b-layout-table__cell_position_l]

[/TD]

[TD=class: b-layout-table__cell b-layout-table__cell_position_r]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Please help, there was a following problem: Problem with installing the mod KIS_v1.2.2:

1. There is no inventory of cucumber (astronaut).

2. Inventory containers must be opened in the mode of construction

3. In the real EVA throws the error: the module KIS is not installed because in the Sounds folder there are no files container Close/Open container, although in a specified folder data files are present.

P. S.

1.ModuleManager.2.6.8 is present and is located in the folder E:\game\ksp\Kerbal Space Program\GameData

2. The folder is located at KIS E:\game\ksp\Kerbal Space Program\GameData

3. There is MechJeb2-2.5.3.0 there and it works OK.

4. Tried to install an older version of KIS, to put on a clean KSP only one KIS.

how do i instal this?

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, I seem to be having a problem with the install. I put both KAS and KIS in the game data directory. The parts show up, I can place them in the box(s), but once my ship is in orbit and im ready with an engineer on Eva next to it and I click inventory, the inventory just flashes and goes away in an instant. This text appears also https://www.dropbox.com/s/eczm3lzpca...00002.jpg?dl=0 saying that "KIS/Sounds/containerOpen has not been found, Please check installation path!"

Wuts up with tat

KIS

KAS

Claws Stock Bug Fixes

And Kerbal Engineer are the only mods installed. KAS and KIS are only wanted so I can place struts in space

Same thing is happening to me

My little issue that seems to be KIS (you'll see why i say that) throwing a few exceptions after my engy finished installing some extra science components around Minmus... She tried to get back into the ship but got caught in a space-time distortion and then there were two of her, one inside one stuck outside...

Camera Mode: FREE

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[00:03:23]: Irelle Kerman boarded SPB-HUGE-3 Science Processing / Cargo Bay on The Lab of Minmus.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[KIS] protoCrew seatIdx has been set to -1 ! (no internal ?)

[KIS] Setting seat to : 0

[KIS] Item transfer | source Irelle Kerman

[KIS] Drop item

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at KIS.KIS_Item.Drop (.Part fromPart) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KIS.ModuleKISInventory.OnCrewTransferred (HostedFromToAction`2 fromToAction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventData`1[GameEvents+HostedFromToAction`2[ProtoCrewMember,Part]].Fire (HostedFromToAction`2 data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalEVA.proceedAndBoard (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalEVA.BoardPart (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalEVA.<SetupFSM>m__92 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalFSM.RunEvent (.KFSMEvent evt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalFSM.updateFSM (KFSMUpdateMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalFSM.UpdateFSM () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalEVA.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Game Paused!

EDIT: Emptying the inventory of the engie allowed it to come back in, inventory was the electric drill, a gravmax, a dmagic double goo pod and double material science thingy.

Edited by Mokmo

Searched a bit and could not find anyone asking about having things on your back. Is this a feature that's been removed? I cant seem to just grab an item anymore and carry it on my back???

Things go in your inventory now. It is configurable if someone wants to create a config for large items for them to go on a kerbals back if they want.

Probably a silly question...but is there a trick to attaching Kerbitrail expand-o-tubes to USI Kolonization MKS modules while on EVA? I have successfully attached things like docking ports while testing EVA on Kerbin, but cannot get the expand-o-tube to connect (in 'link' mode), even when the screwdriver is enabled. Silly question #2: It connects to a docking port, and not the naked base module connect point, right?

Edited by OscarJade

Probably a silly question...but is there a trick to attaching Kerbitrail expand-o-tubes to MKS modules while on EVA? I have successfully attached things like docking ports while testing EVA on Kerbin, but cannot get the expand-o-tube to connect, even when the screwdriver is enabled. Silly question #2: It connects to a docking port, and not the naked base module connect point, right?

The expando tubes use the klaw mechanic. So you arm them and drive into the module you want to connect to basically.

The expando tubes use the klaw mechanic. So you arm them and drive into the module you want to connect to basically.

I thought I had seen a video where a Kerbal on EVA walks it over and connects it(?). My MKS modules *are* on wheels, but with the legs also deployed it doesn't seem as if they will sufficiently connect. EDIT: or perhaps flexotube is what I'm using - trails in green behind EVA engineer Kerbal.

Edited by OscarJade

I thought I had seen a video where a Kerbal on EVA walks it over and connects it(?). My MKS modules *are* on wheels, but with the legs also deployed it doesn't seem as if they will sufficiently connect. EDIT: or perhaps flexotube is what I'm using - trails in green behind EVA engineer Kerbal.

The flexotubes are essentially KAS pipes that look bigger. They work the same was as a KAS pipe.

Well, not familiar with those at all, LOL. Thanks, though!

You need 2 flexotube parts to connect them. The best way I have found is to attach one the right click it and select link then walk over to where you want to connect it and attach the second part the right click it and select link.

You need 2 flexotube parts to connect them. The best way I have found is to attach one the right click it and select link then walk over to where you want to connect it and attach the second part the right click it and select link.

Awesome! Thanks very much :)

Hello, if you are familiar with these mod(s) KIS/KAS, you should know that you can't move parts that are greater then 1 ton with a kerbal, with the exception of having multiple kerbals close to the object; increasing the limit by 1 ton per kerbal. The 2 heaviest parts I need to move are 4.5 tons, so I need at least 5 kerbals around the object to move it next to what I want to attach it to; a lander that needs adjustments in order to land and return from Laythe.

This is extremely difficult considering the fact that you can't control multiple kerbals at once, and the vicinity the kerbal(s) need to be around the object is quite small. Does anyone have any advice on how to move things this way? Once I switch to a different kerbal, one has already moved too far away from the object to help, and I can see me ripping my hair out constantly switching back an forth.

Is there a way to alter the mod to increase the weight limit in regards to grabbing and moving objects? There has to be a method to this madness

There is no turning back from this mission; I already sent out both a refueling vessel and a parts vessel to the transport ship around Laythe that is carrying the lander that needs adjustments (2 FL-800 tanks, 2 radial decuplers, 2 aerospike engines and 2 aeronose caps)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0b659h6fty2h24e/2015-09-13_00002.jpg?dl=0

If it comes down to it, I suppose I could launch another craft bringing parachutes to the inventory vessel, land my lander, then land the inventory vessel next to it, somehow get all 5 kerbals down there too, and attach the parts on land (assuming they can reach the place on the craft i want to attach things to) so I avoid having one kerbal drift off too far away from the part in space while switching back and forth, but that is the absolute last thing to do and it gives me a headache just thinking about it. Any advice?

Edited by fireblade274

Hello, if you are familiar with these mod(s) KIS/KAS, you should know that you can't move parts that are greater then 1 ton with a kerbal, with the exception of having multiple kerbals close to the object; increasing the limit by 1 ton per kerbal. The 2 heaviest parts I need to move are 4.5 tons, so I need at least 5 kerbals around the object to move it next to what I want to attach it to; a lander that needs adjustments in order to land and return from Laythe.

This is extremely difficult considering the fact that you can't control multiple kerbals at once, and the vicinity the kerbal(s) need to be around the object is quite small. Does anyone have any advice on how to move things this way? Once I switch to a different kerbal, one has already moved too far away from the object to help, and I can see me ripping my hair out constantly switching back an forth.

Is there a way to alter the mod to increase the weight limit in regards to grabbing and moving objects? There has to be a method to this madness

There is no turning back from this mission; I already sent out both a refueling vessel and a parts vessel to the transport ship around Laythe that is carrying the lander that needs adjustments (2 FL-800 tanks, 2 radial decuplers, 2 aerospike engines and 2 aeronose caps)

If it comes down to it, I suppose I could launch another craft bringing parachutes to the inventory vessel, land my lander, then land the inventory vessel next to it, somehow get all 5 kerbals down there too, and attach the parts on land (assuming they can reach the place on the craft i want to attach things to) so I avoid having one kerbal drift off too far away from the part in space while switching back and forth, but that is the absolute last thing to do and it gives me a headache just thinking about it. Any advice?

Do you have any ladders handy? If so, try attaching them to the part being moved or something nearby, then having all the Kerbals hang on to the ladders.

That can be changed in the settings file. Look at the KIS wiki for documentation.

Hello.

I'm having big trouble using KIS in certain situations.

Basically I have this munar base, where I can produce devices (I'm using workshop), and both a wheeled and a flying machine that can carry kerbals, ready at this base.

My idea was to have generic rovers/hovercrafts ready at the base, then manufacture science devices and load them in their cargos. My kerbals would then commandeer said vehicles to still unresearched biomes, attach science devices to their craft and perform science.

The problem presents once a device has been attached:

- The attached device is basically trembling: its contextual menu flickers and it is unusable.

- after several secs of trembling, it explodes.

Is this a known bug, or i'm doing something wrong? I already used KIS in a variety of situations but this thing never occurred. It makes performing field science basically impossible, at least in the way I had in mind.

thanks in advance and kind regards.

I was working on building a Duna mission in orbit the other day, using KAS/KIS to build the crew section atop the engine section. It took me almost four hours, mostly due to Kerbals flying off into space at random times- I was using short ladder segments for them to hold on to, and they kept falling off for (apparently) no reason! :( However, I did manage to complete construction in the end. :)

If I may make a suggestion, could a part be added similar to the foot-clamps that astronauts on the Shuttle/ISS use(d), that can hold a Kerbal firmly place without sliding off?