[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

If you guys want to ignore the warning till Kospy has a chance to update KAS / KIS. You could just delete the AVC and .version files in the plugins folder. Then it wont bark at you. (But do this under the understanding that KAS and KIS are currently for 1.0.4 (but it seems to work just fine in 1.0.5)

Hey, I am having trouble with KIS 1.2.3. Its telling me that some sound files are mis located. Does anyone have any solutions?

It sounds like you might have installed it incorrectly. There should be a "KIS" directory in your GameData directory. Do you have previous experience with successfully installing mods?

Re-entering (boarding) the cabin after EVA leaves a clone of the kerbal outside the ship.

[00:00:12]: Bob Kerman boarded Mk1 Command Pod on EAGLE-2-X.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[KIS] protoCrew seatIdx has been set to -1 ! (no internal ?)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[KIS] Setting seat to : 0

[KIS] Item transfer | source Bob Kerman

[KIS] Drop item

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at KIS.KIS_Item.Drop (.Part fromPart) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KIS.ModuleKISInventory.OnCrewTransferred (HostedFromToAction`2 fromToAction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventData`1[GameEvents+HostedFromToAction`2[ProtoCrewMember,Part]].Fire (HostedFromToAction`2 data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalEVA.proceedAndBoard (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalEVA.BoardPart (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalEVA.<SetupFSM>m__93 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalFSM.RunEvent (.KFSMEvent evt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalFSM.updateFSM (KFSMUpdateMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalFSM.UpdateFSM () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalEVA.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Edit: Looks like it happens when the kerbal has a DMAGIC OS part carried - upon first exit there is no model of the item attached to his back. Re-arranging the inventory updates the model.

Edited by ktosiu
Edit

Hi there, I am new here, so please don't bash me over the head for asking a stupid question, but I have a problem with "EVA Propellant" since 1.0.5 (and/or KIS 1.2.3, EPL 5.2.93).

In 1.0.2 I had constructed an ILC 18-K container with some basic tools in it and - ever changing - parts that needed mounting on my space station. I use "Extraplanetary Launchpads" and in 1.0.2 everything worked fine with that container out in space. But in 1.0.5 I can't build that container in space any longer since it requires the resource "EVA Propellant", which I have no way of producing up there (at least that I know of, and Monopropellant will not do the trick it seems).

I CAN, however, build and "launch" that container on Kerbin, but it would be madness to fly it to Gilly just for a bit of EVA Propellant :-)

Can somebody confirm this? And if so: is this a problem with KIS or EPL? I don't want to bark at the wrong tree...

Thank you!

Does anyone know how to edit KIS so that nonengineers can attach things? It's hard recruiting enough engineers, I got nothing but pilots and scientists. It says they need the repair skill, so I probably want to edit that restriction out.

Does anyone know how to edit KIS so that nonengineers can attach things? It's hard recruiting enough engineers, I got nothing but pilots and scientists. It says they need the repair skill, so I probably want to edit that restriction out.

Try removing the repairSkill from the part configs for the Screwdriver and wrench.

look for this line in the .cfg files

equipSkill = RepairSkill

Edited by ExplorerKlatt

Can I use a crane instead of additional Kerbals to attach objects over 1 ton? I tried picking up the object (2 ton Drill) with a magnet and moving it right next to where I want it attached but I still just am seeing that I can't move it because it's to heavy.

Thanks!

[quote name='Jarardo1']Can I use a crane instead of additional Kerbals to attach objects over 1 ton? I tried picking up the object (2 ton Drill) with a magnet and moving it right next to where I want it attached but I still just am seeing that I can't move it because it's to heavy.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

It would be nice if you could use a crane to help, but unfortunately, you still need the additional kerbals.

Hello all,

first of all, thank you al lot for this fantastic mod! It definitely extends the possibilities of the game into a more comprehensive and joyful experience.

Even though I use it now for a few months already I only noticed it yesterday that when my Kerbal is on the surface of the Mun, he is not able to take off with its jetpack when there is too much load on his shoulders. First I supposed it is a bug introduced with 1.0.5 which I started evaluating yesterday, but then I understood that the effect was there already before and it physically makes sense. However I wonder how tiny amounts of mass lead to this effect - precisely, there seems to the a limit of 0.190 mass units on Mun - which is only a bit more than the kerbal with its suit alone (0.094).

It would be a deal if the extra EVA-fuel tank would also provide some extra thrust to overcome this limitation. Or a separate booster pack.

Is there a possibility to tweak the thrust of an EVA suit in one of the config files?

Any feedback is welcome.

[B]Maestro22[/B]: I'm not sure if your 190kg (yes, kg) is just the parts, or the total, but even 96kg extra is really quite a lot for those little jets to push. Mun is getting close to the limits for an unladen kerbal (not as close as Duna, true), and thus there just is not much leeway.

Really, you are better off accepting the challenge of how to carry that stuff from A to B on Mun. Some things to remember:
[list]
[*]You can attach ladders where you need them.
[*]Kerbals can often clamber over things. This makes pretty much anything you can attach useful for getting to high places.
[*]You can use the winches in KAS to lift (or even drag) heavy stuff).
[*]The above is actually surprisingly fun:)
[/list]

Just yesterday I took a kerbal from 50km above Minmus to the surface carrying the electric screwdriver, the mallet from EL, and 20 survey stakes (also EL). It took three tries to get her down safely: first try, misjudged vertical acceleration and plowed into the ground. Second try, ran out of fuel and plowed into the ground (saw it coming, tried to rotate so she was head down, but just that was enough to exhaust the fuel and she just continued spinning... splat). Third try worked well: she grabbed the ladder on the base with just a puff remaining in her tanks :) (yes, precision EVA landing). Also, carrying the screwdriver and 2 connector end-points just 6km on Minmus proved to be rather iffy for her tanks, but it was all very fun.

[quote name='taniwha']
[LIST]
[*]You can use the winches in KAS to lift (or even drag) heavy stuff).
[/LIST]
[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is probably the main point which I missed until now. It took me a while to understand how to use those winches, and this is an obvious application. I already started taking that challenge and I agree, its fun. Thank you for your response.

[quote name='insert_name']I'm having a lot of trouble with this mod, it doesn't do anything when I load ksp, I copied the KIS folder into the game data folder please help[/QUOTE]

I am no expert in these matters, but have you checked out the KSP.log file? It told me I had a missing DLL when I had a similar problem. Do you see any KIS-related messages in there at all?

It would also be nice to know if you use Linux or Windows, 32 or 64 bit, version of KSP and KIS and so on. Especially the 64 bit Windows version of KSP still seems to be problematic...

Hello. I have issue with KAS/KIS and Contracts.

I had usual contract for space station, so I sent bare-bone version of it with engineer on board and various utilities in boxes.

When in orbit I attached utilities (solar panels, antena, etc) via KIS. Devices worked as intended, but Contract failed to detect attached parts like it does when two vessels dock.

I tried to dock other vessel to station, but it didn't help with contract.

Re-welding parts did not help.

I checked in save file and PART.launchID was set to "0", while other parts had "55".

My fix was to undock station-shuttle, move attached parts to other vessel and edit their PART.launchID to value from other parts. After docking again contract was finally marked as complete.

Is there way to do it without docking and editing file?

Suggestion: make Engineers able to work with screwdriver in a very limited area round them while in external command seat. We'll be able to have robotic arms while on shuttle, cargo handlers inside bays of cargo planes, buckets for accessing high places like on firetrucks and lots of other possibilities.