{
    @EvaPickup
    {
        @maxDistance = 100
    }
}

Edit: I found it, testing now.

Edited by Unforgiv3n

The code in my post above is a module manager patch. Just put these lines into a file with ending ".cfg" anywhere in the GameData folder. It is good practice to keep custom patches like this outside of the KIS folder so you don't accidentally lose them when updating the mod.

Edit: the file with the original value is Gamedata/KIS/settings.cfg

Edited by pellinor

15 minutes ago, Unforgiv3n said:

Yea I don't have anything in the backpack.  It does show 2 inventories for some reason, I have always assumed KIS has one and KAS has one.  But either way they are both empty.  And where is the config file to change reach distance?

Double inventory sounds suspect...

14 minutes ago, Unforgiv3n said:

Yea I don't have anything in the backpack.  It does show 2 inventories for some reason, I have always assumed KIS has one and KAS has one.  But either way they are both empty.  And where is the config file to change reach distance?

If your kerbal has 2 separate inventories, then something is wrong. Kerbals are only supposed to have one inventory. 

Okay So it appears the problem was that I had a KIS folder under the KAS folder.  I don't think that was supposed to be there and I think I must have fat fingered something during installation.  But everything appears to be working now.  THanks guys!

Edited by Unforgiv3n

On 13. 11. 2015, ktosiu said:

Re-entering (boarding) the cabin after EVA leaves a clone of the kerbal outside the ship.

[00:00:12]: Bob Kerman boarded Mk1 Command Pod on EAGLE-2-X.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[KIS] protoCrew seatIdx has been set to -1 ! (no internal ?)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[KIS] Setting seat to : 0

[KIS] Item transfer | source Bob Kerman

[KIS] Drop item

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KIS.KIS_Item.Drop (.Part fromPart) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KIS.ModuleKISInventory.OnCrewTransferred (HostedFromToAction`2 fromToAction) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at EventData`1[GameEvents+HostedFromToAction`2[ProtoCrewMember,Part]].Fire (HostedFromToAction`2 data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalEVA.proceedAndBoard (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalEVA.BoardPart (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalEVA.<SetupFSM>m__93 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalFSM.RunEvent (.KFSMEvent evt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalFSM.updateFSM (KFSMUpdateMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalFSM.UpdateFSM () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalEVA.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Edit: Looks like it happens when the kerbal has a DMAGIC OS part carried - upon first exit there is no model of the item attached to his back. Re-arranging the inventory updates the model.

Can confirm, just experienced the same bug. Kerbal with DMAGIC OS item assigned in VAB exits a capsule and the item is "carried" but does not show up on the back. Upon attempting to reenter the capsule the cloning occurs, the kerbal left outside has inventory but cannot be brought back to Astronaut Complex through recovery, the kerbal inside has no inventory but has profession and is a valid Kerbal.

On 2015年12月11日 6:14:06, Varsi said:

Unfortunately I don't really know much about this stuff so I could only confirm that installing tweakscale still causes this issue and if you remove tweakable option from parts then you can stack them again.

Might be useful to know what mod is causing the issue for ExplorerKlatt tho.

I've had problems with FAR causing parts in ¥KIS¥settings.cfg StackableModule to become non-stackable.

I have to ask- is there any way I can set it so -any- kerbal can use the building tools? I mean, c'mon. It's a wrench. It's not like you have to take college courses to put two pieces of metal together and tighten a bolt. Also a -lot- of my craft, especially early game, are one-man...

i think you can remove the equipSkill property in the ModuleKisItemAttachTool node in the part config of the screwdriver. i suggest looking for the mole mod which adds a "backseat" part for the mk1 pod. it makes the early missions easier because you always have a pilot plus scientist, engineer or tourist.

7 hours ago, ObiVanDamme said:

i think you can remove the equipSkill property in the ModuleKisItemAttachTool node in the part config of the screwdriver. i suggest looking for the mole mod which adds a "backseat" part for the mk1 pod. it makes the early missions easier because you always have a pilot plus scientist, engineer or tourist.

Wait, wait wait. "Tourist?"

I think I've found a possible issue with KIS;

Problem:
After launching and reverting a craft to the SPH (3-4 times) the parts list develops a delay in responsiveness.  If you click on a part and then mouse away the part doesn't get selected, you have to keep the mouse over the part for a moment (a noticeably longer period than you'd normally expect) for it to register selecting the part.  Same for dropping parts, if you try to drop the part on the list, but immediately mouse away from the list then it won't drop it.  The longer you play (and keep launching and reverting) the longer you need to pause when selecting or dropping parts.  After a while it gets quite frustrating.

Debugging steps taken:
I had a bunch of mods so I gradually narrowed it down by removing mods a few at a time.  When I removed KAS and KIS the problem went away.  I then created a fresh 1.0.5 install (with just my settings.cfg and the 100% stock craft I was using to test imported) and installed just KIS.  After launching and reverting the craft several times the delay was apparent again.  

This issue has been mentioned in this thread BUT the OP of that thread doesn't appear to have KIS installed and another user suggests that KSP interstellar may have been the cause for them.  So it is possibly not just a KIS problem, maybe something from the core game that is used by KIS and other mods. But with just KIS installed in a fresh install of KSP I can reliably recreate the problem. I cannot recreate the problem in a stock game or with a number of other mods installed.
My other mods:

Spoiler

AdjustableLandingGear,
AviationLights,
B9,
B9-props,
B9AnimationModules,
BDAnimationModules,
CollisionFX,
CommunityResourcePack,
CrossFeedEnabler,
DMagicOrbitalScience,
EVAManager,
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements,
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-HR,
FirespitterCore,
FirespitterResourcesConfig,
HyperEdit,
InfernalRobotics,
InfernalRobotics-Sequencer,
KAS,
KIS,
KerbalAircraftExpansion,
KerbalAlarmClock,
KlockheedMartian-Gimbal,
MechJeb2,
ModuleManager,
ProceduralDynamics,
QuickScroll,
QuickSearch,
RasterPropMonitor,
RasterPropMonitor-Core,
SCANsat,
Scatterer,
SmokeScreen,
StockBugFixPlus,
ThrottleControlledAvionics,
ToadicusTools,
TweakScale,
TweakableEverything,
USI-EXP,
USI-FTT,
USITools,
UniversalStorage,

Steps to replicate problem:
- setup a fresh install of KSP 1.0.5 with just KIS 1.2.3 installed.
- Go into SPH and load up a simple craft. (I used a ~50 part pure stock craft, craft file)
- click on a part on the part list and then immediately mouse away from the list, you should have selected the part (this is just to verify standard click response is working as expected)
- Launch craft and then revert back to SPH - repeat this step 4 or 5 times 
- Then at the same speed as before, click on a part in the list and immediately mouse away. You should find that this time you've not selected the part.  
- Select a part by clicking and then pausing before mousing away and then attempt to quickly drop the part on the list. You should notice a delay in that too.

On 2015年12月14日 8:31:22, ExplorerKlatt said:

I think it will happen with any mod that adds a part module to a stackable part. 

Thanks! I figured out that I need to add some FARmodules to StackableModule:

@KISConfig[*]
{
@StackableModule
{
        moduleName = GeometryPartModule
        moduleName = FARAeroPartModule
        moduleName = FARPartModule
}
}

13 hours ago, DarthJeb said:

I think the next for this mod should be to add linear attachment in order to build small probes.Could we replicate the script from the VAB or SPH?

Do you mean by attachment node? You can by hitting R to change the node whilst KAS constructing it. If you mean symmetry, that's not possible.

On 12/17/2015 at 4:14 AM, katateochi said:

Steps to replicate problem:
- setup a fresh install of KSP 1.0.5 with just KIS 1.2.3 installed.
- Go into SPH and load up a simple craft. (I used a ~50 part pure stock craft, craft file)
- click on a part on the part list and then immediately mouse away from the list, you should have selected the part (this is just to verify standard click response is working as expected)
- Launch craft and then revert back to SPH - repeat this step 4 or 5 times 
- Then at the same speed as before, click on a part in the list and immediately mouse away. You should find that this time you've not selected the part.  
- Select a part by clicking and then pausing before mousing away and then attempt to quickly drop the part on the list. You should notice a delay in that too.

Did you actually launched the vessel or just switched to the launch table and then back? I tried to switch back and forth 5-6 times and haven't noticed the problem. Though, I had it once so, I agree the problem does show up in some cases.

Putting a part into your inventory when it is part of a rescue contract causes you to fail the contract because it was destroyed and recreated. Is there a way to fix that? I failed a contract or two because I was trying to shuffle parts around.