[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

25 minutes ago, Varsi said:

Not sure but I think only certain parts like concrete block (or something) can be attached to planet surface. You could of course attach docking port to that then.

Ahh good idea. I'll give it a shot when I get home. Think I'll just make a separate install for testing stuff like this out with hyperedit. I don't want to be tempted to "fix" my mistakes in my career game that way.

4 hours ago, Snarfster said:

Ahh good idea. I'll give it a shot when I get home. Think I'll just make a separate install for testing stuff like this out with hyperedit. I don't want to be tempted to "fix" my mistakes in my career game that way.

May not have been such a good idea...

I made a quick base on Gilly and bolted it in the ground with Ground pylons and pipes. I then had a ground base also connected with a pipe from a pylon. The ground base has structural fuselage and a docking port on it.

The moment my ship docked with that port, pylons and ground base got separated from all parts and ground. This caused some stuff and my base to (very slowly) fly away in multiple directions.

Will be interesting to hear how it went for you :)

Edited by Varsi

58 minutes ago, Varsi said:

May not have been such a good idea...

I made a quick base on Gilly and bolted it in the ground with Ground pylons and pipes. I then had a ground base also connected with a pipe from a pylon. The ground base has structural fuselage and a docking port on it.

The moment my ship docked with that port, pylons and ground base got separated from all parts and ground. This caused some stuff and my base to (very slowly) fly away in multiple directions.

Will be interesting to hear how it went for you :)

Hmm that's really a shame. I've done the same with a Class E asteroid in Kerbin orbit and that worked pretty good. I'll give it a shot tonight. Not that hopeful now though.

I tried, having a very hard time attaching stuff to the surface in such a way that it doesn't blow up in my face.

Shame, I really thought this would have been a solution for my Gilly stuff floating away.

I don't know if this has been addressed. I drag tools and parts to the empty seat in the cupola capsule (In this case, I haven't tried it on the other capsules yet), then launch the craft unmanned. Once the ship arrives to it's destination, my Kerbal enters the seat to pick up the tools and the seat is empty. No parts. Zero, Zip, Nada. Parts are in capsule in the VAB but disappear at launch if  capsule is unmanned.

6 minutes ago, Landge said:

I don't know if this has been addressed. I drag tools and parts to the empty seat in the cupola capsule (In this case, I haven't tried it on the other capsules yet), then launch the craft unmanned. Once the ship arrives to it's destination, my Kerbal enters the seat to pick up the tools and the seat is empty. No parts. Zero, Zip, Nada. Parts are in capsule in the VAB but disappear at launch if  capsule is unmanned.

It has.  Seat inventory is not "inventory" like other forms of KIS inventory.  It only exists to give items to a Kerbal sitting in that seat.  This is because you cannot actually pick a Kerbal's inventory from the VAB.  So yes if you try to load an empty seat you will end up with nothing.  This is not a bug but by design.

8 minutes ago, Landge said:

That's not a bug, it's a feature. When you drop stuff into the 'seat inventory', it's actually being stuffed into the occupant's inventory. So if you sat a kerbal there, he/she will have the parts. But you didn't. You'll have to send a box instead of a capsule.

1 hour ago, goldenpsp said:

It has.  Seat inventory is not "inventory" like other forms of KIS inventory.  It only exists to give items to a Kerbal sitting in that seat.  This is because you cannot actually pick a Kerbal's inventory from the VAB.  So yes if you try to load an empty seat you will end up with nothing.  This is not a bug but by design.

1 hour ago, T-Pilot395 said:

That's not a bug, it's a feature. When you drop stuff into the 'seat inventory', it's actually being stuffed into the occupant's inventory. So if you sat a kerbal there, he/she will have the parts. But you didn't. You'll have to send a box instead of a capsule.

Thanks guys. I just had a few parts that I wanted to stash that didn't warrant using a container. Perhaps reconsider and allow empty capsules to hold a few items that could fit in a small "tool box" to throw in the back seat.

26 minutes ago, Landge said:

Thanks guys. I just had a few parts that I wanted to stash that didn't warrant using a container. Perhaps reconsider and allow empty capsules to hold a few items that could fit in a small "tool box" to throw in the back seat.

There's a mod for that...

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/1156/Command%20Inventory

I have a contract which requires me to build an output on Minmus, it should have several module, 6000 liquid fuel, a docking port, power and antenna. It has all the required modules and fuel, it has a docking port, solar panels, and I added the antenna using KIS after launch so I wouldn't need fairings just for the antenna. This was the first time I tried using KIS. Antenna works, so I'm fine I think... I land on Minmus, but the part that says "docking port, power and antenna" doesn't have a green checkmark and the mission doesn't complete.

In the save file:

PARAM
                {
                    name = VesselSystemsParameter
                    state = Incomplete
                    disableOnStateChange = False
                    values = 0,0,0,0,0
                    typeString = outpost
                    mannedStatus = 2
                    requireNew = True
                    checkModuleTypes = Antenna|Power|Dock
                    checkModuleDescriptions = has an antenna|has a docking port|can generate power
                    launchID = 119
                }

I do have contract configurator, so maybe that interferes, but I think this is a stock contract (it required me to have 6000 liquid fuel in my base??? no contract pack would be so stupid...) so I suspect the Antenna placed with KIS isn't recognized... all the other requirements have "state = Complete"

49 minutes ago, P51Mustang said:

So I just downloaded this mod, but I can't access my crew's or pod's inventories.   :(

Is there any way to fix this?

You might have to elaborate on this a bit. Do you not get inventory in the right click menu of Kerbals and pod?

Usually the problem in this sort of cases is misplaced mod (ie. not directly under gamedata or so).

14 minutes ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

@Pirke - This is a known issue with KIS. What happens is when you attach a part via KIS it has a launchID of 0. This means the contract system doesn't recognize the part for completion. 

Thanks, I just deleted that part of the contract from the save file and now the contract is completed properly. I'll probably have this issue some more as there are many outposts on their way to other planets on which I did the same...

36 minutes ago, Varsi said:

You might have to elaborate on this a bit. Do you not get inventory in the right click menu of Kerbals and pod?

Usually the problem in this sort of cases is misplaced mod (ie. not directly under gamedata or so).

I do not get any inventory options when right clicking on the Kerbals or pods. As for the second part, how would I check if parts of the mod are misplaced? do I have to check each individual folder? Or is there a faster and easier way to do it?

52 minutes ago, P51Mustang said:

I do not get any inventory options when right clicking on the Kerbals or pods. As for the second part, how would I check if parts of the mod are misplaced? do I have to check each individual folder? Or is there a faster and easier way to do it?

Yes. Post a screenshot of your game data folder for starters. 

Command Inventory isn't working for me. I downloaded and placed the CommandInventory folder in the GameData folder but I'm not getting Seat0 Inventory button, outside of SPH/VAB, when I right click on the capsule. I even moved a kerbal off the runway then loaded the pilotless capsule, making sure the items were in Seat0 before launch. No items show up when the kerbal enters the capsule.   

I repeated the process after moving the CommandInventory folder into the KIS folder and even copied the Inventory.cfg (which there is only that one file) to where the KIS settings.cfg file is located. Is something missing? I'm confused here.

Yes. Post a screenshot of your game data folder for starters. 

how do i post a screenshot onto the forum? I have it taken and i have it ready but can't find a way to put it on

Edited by P51Mustang

22 minutes ago, Landge said:

Command Inventory isn't working for me. I downloaded and placed the CommandInventory folder in the GameData folder but I'm not getting Seat0 Inventory button, outside of SPH/VAB, when I right click on the capsule. I even moved a kerbal off the runway then loaded the pilotless capsule, making sure the items were in Seat0 before launch. No items show up when the kerbal enters the capsule.   

I repeated the process after moving the CommandInventory folder into the KIS folder and even copied the Inventory.cfg (which there is only that one file) to where the KIS settings.cfg file is located. Is something missing? I'm confused here.

Command inventory adds real inventory space to a capsule.  The individual seat inventories do not change.  If you want to put something into an empty capsule you would put it into the once called "inventory" not "seat X inventory"  If your picture doesn't looke like this, you did something wrong.  Likely missing modulemanager if I had to guess

iTUipa2.png

10 minutes ago, P51Mustang said:

how do i post a screenshot onto the forum? I have it taken and i have it ready but can't find a way to put it on

Upload the picture to some service.  I prefer imgur as it is free, works really well (I use the windows snipping tool to get a SS, and then you can literally copy to the clipboard and paste into imgur).  Then paste the code.  Imgur will even give you all the ones you might need.  I use the "BBCode" for forums

2 hours ago, Pirke said:

Thanks, I just deleted that part of the contract from the save file and now the contract is completed properly. I'll probably have this issue some more as there are many outposts on their way to other planets on which I did the same...

@Pirke, instead of altering the save file, just use the ALT+F12 menu, select contracts, and then press the "Complete" button for the bugged contract (I've had a few in my time...). Much easier and much safer that way then having the probability of removing the wrong thing in the save file.

29 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

Upload the picture to some service.  I prefer imgur as it is free, works really well (I use the windows snipping tool to get a SS, and then you can literally copy to the clipboard and paste into imgur).  Then paste the code.  Imgur will even give you all the ones you might need.  I use the "BBCode" for forums

[img]http://i.imgur.com/wcql0Ez.png?1[/img]

Command inventory adds real inventory space to a capsule.  The individual seat inventories do not change.  If you want to put something into an empty capsule you would put it into the once called "inventory" not "seat X inventory"  If your picture doesn't looke like this, you did something wrong.  Likely missing modulemanager if I had to guess

Thanks goldenpsp. Module manager was the missing link and is now working as intended. My mining crew is happy to receive their care package.

fHL1A5T.png   

1 hour ago, P51Mustang said:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/wcql0Ez.png?1[/img]

A couple issues.  First the downloaded file needs to be unzipped.  Then the contents copied into your KSP gamedata folder.  It should look something like this (notice the KIS folder).

XW6hJO1.png

28 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

A couple issues.  First the downloaded file needs to be unzipped.  Then the contents copied into your KSP gamedata folder.  It should look something like this (notice the KIS folder).

XW6hJO1.png

It's working now, thanks a ton, this was my first time downloading a mod and wasn't 100% sure what to do