[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

19 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Yes, you can now "meld" two ships. Don't forget about mass limitation, though. Another limitation applied by the game engine is that you cannot connect two ships at any joint. You can only attach a root part of one ship to any other joint of the other ship (same as in the editor). Though, with some experience you'll learn how to re-assemble "wrong" ships on the orbit to have the right part to be the root.

So I tried that, but I still get the "Can't grab, X parts attached to it":

Spoiler

TC75PLF.png

This is definitely the latest version (1.2.4) though. Am I missing some settings? 

15 hours ago, Synthesis said:

Thanks Igor, but I actually found the post that described exactly what I needed. Here it is for anyone else with the issue: 

Patch

Spoiler
PART
{
 name = parachuteRadial_FPS
 module = Part
 author = NovaSilisko / V8Jester
 mesh = model.mu
 scale = 1
 rescaleFactor = 0.25
 node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0
 buoyancyUseCubeNamed = PACKED
 sound_parachute_open = activate
 TechRequired = survivability
 entryCost = 2800
 cost = 400
 //category = Utility
 subcategory = 0
 title = FPS Backpack Parachute
 description = For those times you actually do care about those brave Kerbals you carelessly tossed out a hatch and 20,000 feet.
 attachRules = 0,1,0,0,0
 mass = 0.1
 dragModelType = default
 angularDrag = 3
 crashTolerance = 12
 maxTemp = 2500 // = 3100
 emissiveConstant = 0.7
 breakingForce = 100
 breakingTorque = 50
 bodyLiftMultiplier = 0
 stageOffset = -1
 bulkheadProfiles = srf
 MODULE
 {
  name = ModuleParachute
  invertCanopy = true
  autoCutSpeed = 0.5
  capName = cap
  canopyName = canopy
  semiDeployedAnimation = semiDeployLarge
  fullyDeployedAnimation = fullyDeployLarge
  stowedDrag = 0.22
  semiDeployedDrag = 1
  fullyDeployedDrag = 500
  minAirPressureToOpen = 0.04
  clampMinAirPressure = 0.04
  deployAltitude = 1000
  deploymentSpeed = 0.12
  semiDeploymentSpeed = 0.5
  chuteMaxTemp = 650
 }
 MODULE
 {
  name = ModuleTestSubject
  useStaging = True
  useEvent = False
  situationMask = 8
  CONSTRAINT
  {
   type = ATMOSPHERE
   value = True
  }
  CONSTRAINT
  {
   type = SPEEDENV
   test = LT
   value = 200
   prestige = Trivial
  }
  CONSTRAINT
  {
   type = SPEEDENV
   test = GT
   value = 100
   prestige = Trivial
  }
  CONSTRAINT
  {
   type = SPEEDENV
   test = LT
   value = 100
   prestige = Significant
  }
  CONSTRAINT
  {
   type = SPEEDENV
   test = GT
   value = 50
   prestige = Significant
  }
  CONSTRAINT
  {
   type = SPEEDENV
   test = LT
   value = 50
   prestige = Exceptional
  }
  CONSTRAINT
  {
   type = SPEEDENV
   test = GT
   value = 20
   prestige = Exceptional
  }
  CONSTRAINT
  {
   type = DENSITY
   test = GT
   value = 0.2
   prestige = Trivial
  }
  CONSTRAINT
  {
   type = DENSITY
   test = GT
   value = 0.1
   prestige = Significant
  }
  CONSTRAINT
  {
   type = DENSITY
   test = GT
   value = 0.02
   prestige = Exceptional
  }
  CONSTRAINT
  {
   type = ALTITUDE
   test = GT
   value = 1000
  }
  CONSTRAINT
  {
   type = ALTITUDEENV
   test = GT
   value = 4000
   prestige = Trivial
  }
  CONSTRAINT
  {
   type = ALTITUDEENV
   test = LT
   value = 8000
   prestige = Trivial
  }
  CONSTRAINT
  {
   type = ALTITUDEENV
   test = GT
   value = 2000
   prestige = Significant
  }
  CONSTRAINT
  {
   type = ALTITUDEENV
   test = LT
   value = 4000
   prestige = Significant
  }
  CONSTRAINT
  {
   type = ALTITUDEENV
   test = GT
   value = 1000
   prestige = Exceptional
  }
  CONSTRAINT
  {
   type = ALTITUDEENV
   test = LT
   value = 2000
   prestige = Exceptional
  }
  CONSTRAINT
  {
   type = SPEED
   test = LT
   value = 300
   body = _Home
  }
  CONSTRAINT
  {
   type = SPEED
   test = LT
   value = 1000
   body = _NotHome
  }
  CONSTRAINT
  {
   type = REPEATABILITY
   value = ALWAYS
   prestige = Trivial
  }
  CONSTRAINT
  {
   type = REPEATABILITY
   value = BODYANDSITUATION
   prestige = Significant
  }
  CONSTRAINT
  {
   type = REPEATABILITY
   value = ONCEPERPART
   prestige = Exceptional
  }
 }
 MODULE
 {
  name = ModuleDragModifier
  dragCubeName = SEMIDEPLOYED
  dragModifier = 1
 }
 MODULE
 {
  name = ModuleDragModifier
  dragCubeName = DEPLOYED
  dragModifier = 58
 }

MODULE
 {
 name = ModuleKISItem
 shortcutKeyAction = equip
 equipRemoveHelmet = false
 volumeOverride = 0.004
 equipable = true
 equipMode = physic
 editorItemsCategory = true 
 equipSlot = jetpack
 equipMeshName = jetpack_base01
 equipBoneName = bn_jetpack01

// Shift L/R ,Shift Up/Dn, Shift F/B
 equipPos = (0.06,0.04,-0.05)

//ROT Up/Dn, ROT L/R, Spin
 equipDir = (170,180,0)

//runSpeed = 0.8
 } 

MODEL
 {
  model = Squad/Parts/Utility/parachuteMk2-R/model
  //texture = texture, BDArmory/Parts/AmmoBox/texture20x102
 }

}

Cool, Somebody found my patch :) You can thank WarEagle1 for that one. It was his idea.

4 hours ago, Kobymaru said:

So I tried that, but I still get the "Can't grab, X parts attached to it":

This is definitely the latest version (1.2.4) though. Am I missing some settings? 

I did the same test and to my shame was able to reproduce the problem. Looks like I've included a DLL built from the original KospY branch, before the merge. Will make another version on these weekends. But I'm going to fix this bug first.
Just for the reference. Here how it should look if the version was correct:

Spoiler

v2ySJHU.jpg

49 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

I did the same test and to my shame was able to reproduce the problem. Looks like I've included a DLL built from the original KospY branch, before the merge. Will make another version on these weekends. But I'm going to fix this bug first.
Just for the reference. Here how it should look if the version was correct:

Hide contents

v2ySJHU.jpg

Cool, thanks for looking into it. So if I build your branch, and replace the old DLL with the product, will it work?

Edit: I am very, very confused. I build the project, I get the message that the DLL was created in <blabla>\KIS\Plugins\Source\bin\Debug\KIS.dll
Then I look into the folder, and it's.... empty? WTF?

But np. I compiled it in Release mode and found the DLL in the build folder. And it works!!! Thanks a lot! This is an amazing step for KIS. I've been looking for that functionality for a long long time :)

Edited by Kobymaru

18 minutes ago, Kobymaru said:

Cool, thanks for looking into it. So if I build your branch, and replace the old DLL with the product, will it work?

Edit: I am very, very confused. I build the project, I get the message that the DLL was created in <blabla>\KIS\Plugins\Source\bin\Debug\KIS.dll
Then I look into the folder, and it's.... empty? WTF?

But np. I compiled it in Release mode and found the DLL in the build folder. And it works!!! Thanks a lot! This is an amazing step for KIS. I've been looking for that functionality for a long long time :)

You can build from master KospY branch. All the changes are there, it was just a problem on my local env: I haven't synced after the merge so, the old code was built.

As for the strange output path, well, there is a room for improvements there :) Everyone has own environment so, some changes to the project file will be required anyways. It's just a question of how to minimize them.

38 minutes ago, StevieC said:

can you send a CKAN pull request too, please?

Are you talking about this CKAN? I did a search there but haven't found anything related to KIS. I'm willing to request a pull but I need more background.

7 hours ago, V8jester said:

Cool, Somebody found my patch :) You can thank WarEagle1 for that one. It was his idea.

I would have credited you, but I am literally incompetent at posting on these forums. 

That being said, thank you. Now I wish there was a smaller, tiny parachute (outside of the Vanguard one which looks...kind of odd) to use than the Umbra Sound Rocket one. 

3 minutes ago, Synthesis said:

I would have credited you, but I am literally incompetent at posting on these forums. 

That being said, thank you. Now I wish there was a smaller, tiny parachute (outside of the Vanguard one which looks...kind of odd) to use than the Umbra Sound Rocket one. 

I can help you rewrite that patch file to another parachute and then tweak the aero drag to make just about anything work. We could even make it use an unrealistically small parachute and go like 1 m/s if you wanted to. just PM me what you are trying to do and I'll help you out.

No worries on the credit. My name is on it anyway ;) That's how I knew it was mine.

7 minutes ago, V8jester said:

I can help you rewrite that patch file to another parachute and then tweak the aero drag to make just about anything work. We could even make it use an unrealistically small parachute and go like 1 m/s if you wanted to. just PM me what you are trying to do and I'll help you out.

No worries on the credit. My name is on it anyway ;) That's how I knew it was mine.

It's a tempting offer, but honestly what I'm looking for is cosmetic as much as anything else--your code was clear enough I could apply it to an umbra parachute, and I have a general idea how to scale things--really, I just want a large personnel parachute that would look appropriate on a kerbal in a suit--I could probably modify the parachute by default open at a very low altitude and slow the kerbonaut to just under leg-breaking speed (or do it in Realchute, though then I'd have to do it over and over again).

I may still take you up on that offer if I find what I'm looking for. 

Normally I don't complain, about these things, and don't get me wrong, I'm greatful for all the work put towards this mod, but it seems the CKAN database hasn't had it's Kerbal Inventory Version updated yet.

21 hours ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

You would be better off posting in the ckan thread since I'm pretty sure the modders for KIS do not maintain the metadata themselves. 

@Speedster159 Quoting myself for posterity. 

ETA: Also, the CKAN devs have been working on SpaceDock, the replacement for KerbalStuff 

Edited by ExplorerKlatt

@IgorZ and @ExplorerKlatt

Thanks for y'all's help a few days ago. I resolved the problem today. Turns out I had the .dll files in 2 places: One in the KIS and KAS folders respectively, and another for KIS and KAS as  standalone files in the KSP Gamedata folder; deleting the .dll files in the Gamedata folder solved the issue and now I can attach items like normal.

Hey does anyone have a good trick for positioning items in kerbals hands? I've been doing it manually through the CFG files. Just curious if there is an easier way that trial and error.

This is what I, Spanner, LordPrometheus and War Eagle 1 have been working on

23 hours ago, Ruedii said:

Normally I don't complain, about these things, and don't get me wrong, I'm greatful for all the work put towards this mod, but it seems the CKAN database hasn't had it's Kerbal Inventory Version updated yet.

23 hours ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

You would be better off posting in the ckan thread since I'm pretty sure the modders for KIS do not maintain the metadata themselves. 

3 hours ago, Speedster159 said:

The new update has been out for 3 days and Still don't have it on CKAN.

You all misunderstand the relationship between Curse and CKAN. Complains here will not fix the issue. That is because CKAN cannot index mods from Curse. It is not a straight metadata issue, You have summon the team to manually move the mod across. This the wrong thread to do that on. There a CKAN thread for this. Plus an issue raised on github will get there faster and a PR faster still. There is talk of an automated system using a Curse API but is very early days and no way as open or as easy as using Spackdock.info

Please don't bug the mod author about Curse issues.

Edited by nobodyhasthis2

Hey, I encountered the same bug as described by @bradleyjh (some pages ago in this thread). Short version: RealChute parachutes disappear when attaching.

Some additional info though:

- the chute seems to get placed in the world, but without a model and somewhat in the center of the ship as opposed to where it should be

- detaching an existing RealChute chute from the ship, storing it in a Kerbals inventory and attaching it somewhere else on the ship works perfectly fine.

I know it's impossible to make a mod compatible with every other mod out there, but attaching emergency chutes some 5sec before atmospheric reentry is just the coolest thing to do ; )

Edited by cordilon

I've been tearing my hair out and haven't been able to find anything about this. Can anyone explain how/why some parts placed in inventory can only take up one slot and you can increment the count of parts in that slot (i.e. ground pylon and the Pegasus ladder) yet other parts require a separate slot in inventory for each one placed (i.e. drill, RTG, etc.)?

Is there a way to use MM to allow certain parts (like the ladder which is stock) only require one slot but have its quantity incremented?

Thanks!

1 minute ago, jmbailey2000 said:

I've been tearing my hair out and haven't been able to find anything about this. Can anyone explain how/why some parts placed in inventory can only take up one slot and you can increment the count of parts in that slot (i.e. ground pylon and the Pegasus ladder) yet other parts require a separate slot in inventory for each one placed (i.e. drill, RTG, etc.)?

Is there a way to use MM to allow certain parts (like the ladder which is stock) only require one slot but have its quantity incremented?

Thanks!

A part is 'stackable' if different copies are guaranteed to be identical (i.e. no persistent data). This is decided via a list of stackable partModules that you find in the KIS config. Examples of non stackable modules would be RESOURCE nodes or a TweakScale module.

1 minute ago, pellinor said:

A part is 'stackable' if different copies are guaranteed to be identical (i.e. no persistent data). This is decided via a list of stackable partModules that you find in the KIS config. Examples of non stackable modules would be RESOURCE nodes or a TweakScale module.

Hmmmm......kind of understand, but I can't seem to correlate that with what I'm seeing in the Settings.cfg file for KIS and I can't find any other files that "tweak" parts like the ladder. Any thoughts on where to look?