[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

3 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

Quicksand. Seriously I've found holes in the world.

Otherwise in your case it sounds like possibly your debris cleanup setting.  Items you drop on the ground usually gets classified as debris.

Is that just the 'max persistent debris' setting, or is the something else?

50 minutes ago, ibanix said:

Is that just the 'max persistent debris' setting, or is the something else?

Yes. Be careful though, It can seriously slow down your game if you aren't careful.

19 hours ago, ibanix said:

Why do dropped KIS containers sometimes vanish? I separated two containers from my lander, came back a little while later, they had vanished.

Was you on a launchpad at that moment? It's a known issue that parts fall thru the grill on the VAB pad.

2 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Was you on a launchpad at that moment? It's a known issue that parts fall thru the grill on the VAB pad.

No, Minmus. I detached two containers, hooked up some stuff with KAS, and when I went back they were gone.

8 hours ago, ibanix said:

No, Minmus. I detached two containers, hooked up some stuff with KAS, and when I went back they were gone.

I've had entire bases try to slip through the ground on minmus when loading, or coming from a high warp. (admittedly it's less "gone" and more "BOOOM", as the upper parts smash into the ground rather than through it).

With smaller items, sometimes the jitter can be just enough to move it past the collision barrier of the ground, then it just falls. A way to demonstrate this is to drop one of those thin flat panels on the ground and kick it around with a kerbal a few times, Usually will fall in within a minute.

10 hours ago, IgorZ said:

KIS 1.2.7 which works under KSP 1.1 is out. Please, report any issues here. 1.2.7 is not experimental anymore.

Hiya IgorZ, do you have a changelog available for 1.2.7? The forum post doesnt seem to have been updated.

Edited by Festivejelly

1 hour ago, Festivejelly said:

Hiya IgorZ, do you have a changelog available for 1.2.7? The forum post doesnt seem to have been updated.

Forum thread needs to be updated by KospY (he's the topic starter, and forum doesn't allow non-moderator people editing someone's messages). I've sent him a message. If you need the changelog it's here.

2 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

How do I use the "fun" parts?

They don't do anything useful for the rocket science. If that was your question.

1 hour ago, kunok said:

The second part yes.

But the first part as implementing extra flags was the most interesting part for me.

I think I don't understand the first part then. Are you proposing to add a new property to KISItem?

EDIT: Ah, sorry. You mean "flag" as actually a flag (banner). Since I work with the code for me "flags" usually have different meaning (a property on the object). Now I got your idea.

Edited by IgorZ

10 hours ago, IgorZ said:

I think I don't understand the first part then. Are you proposing to add a new property to KISItem?

I'm not an English native speaker, sorry. I'm talking about a literal flag, like in this example:

You plant an eva flag with your kerbal. Then you open the inventory and select the item that is a flag (the item i'm requesting), after that you can put a second flag without going again to your vessel.

I made an issue for that https://github.com/KospY/KIS/issues/120 I'm not sure how to categorize in github

Edited by kunok

Huh... I found something odd when going on a junk-removal/crew rescue mission.

Contract was to rescue the stranded Kerbal. Pretty standard for me. Launch and rendezvous went without a hitch, EVA'd the new member of my roster over to the rescue craft, and picked up a miniature SRB, downscaled MechJeb, a surface mountable reaction wheel from an addon pack, and a battery pack, then flew back to the pod the Kerbal had been in. Surface mount parts slapped right on, but the stack node wasn't available. On either end of the pod. Or either end of the motor.

Is it because I only have the wrench? or is there something about the contract-spawned pods that doesn't allow one to mount stuff in a stack? I KNOW that I was able to do such missions in the past without issue (recovering a full-length Mk 3 cargo bay, for example)...

Basically, can someone with 1.0.5 check to see if this is a bug with the new update?

1 hour ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Huh... I found something odd when going on a junk-removal/crew rescue mission.

Contract was to rescue the stranded Kerbal. Pretty standard for me. Launch and rendezvous went without a hitch, EVA'd the new member of my roster over to the rescue craft, and picked up a miniature SRB, downscaled MechJeb, a surface mountable reaction wheel from an addon pack, and a battery pack, then flew back to the pod the Kerbal had been in. Surface mount parts slapped right on, but the stack node wasn't available. On either end of the pod. Or either end of the motor.

Is it because I only have the wrench? or is there something about the contract-spawned pods that doesn't allow one to mount stuff in a stack? I KNOW that I was able to do such missions in the past without issue (recovering a full-length Mk 3 cargo bay, for example)...

Basically, can someone with 1.0.5 check to see if this is a bug with the new update?

The wrench is for surface attach only, IIRC. 

3 hours ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

The wrench is for surface attach only, IIRC. 

You're absolutely right. From the manual:

Wrenches can't attach part using node snapping .

Btw, it's a bit odd separation. When you need to attach something on surface you likely need to make new holes on that surface, its sounds reasonable to have a mechanical tool for that. And when you attach to a node (a pre-designed place to attach something) there are bolts and nuts only, and a simple wrench is enough. I'd actually swap the limitation.

The problem is, an electric screw driver is more advanced then a wrench, though not by that much. Kerbals are building rockets, they should already have both.

@IgorZ, thanks so much for updating the mod and coordinating testing for this one and KAS. A couple of minor notes about the release on github:

1. The release links are called "Source code.zip" or whatever, which is unusual. Usually the source code is a separate download, and the release only contains the files necessary to run the mod. Both are included with that download zip, so it's fine; just confusing.

2. There are two *.version files in the downloads: one in the root directory for the mod, and one in the /Plugins directory. (This is true for KAS as well.) This creates duplicate entries on the KVC. Not a big deal, but an easy fix. They're identical, so I deleted the one on the /Plugins directory.

On 4/23/2016 at 1:03 PM, googbo said:

when i had this installed i couldn't take crew reports or eva reports i deleted it but i still can't can someone please help me.

Well, that means that it wasn't an issue with this mod. Try asking in the Support subforum, along with a log and modlist. Good Luck! :D

Edited by Andem

Having the odd Kerbal cloning bug when getting into a pod and wondering if anyone has had it on the new build. I do have several mods installed so there is a chance its a conflict but it disappears so far only when I uninstall KIS. KAS is just fine if left installed but of course has no functionality. The newly created Kerbal is destroyed when going back to the space center screen because it is labeled as connected to an "unknown part" and deleted. I just wanted to post it while I continue to trouble shoot in case anyone else is having the same thing.

Mods list

KSP: 1.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.2.4f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

Filter Extensions - 2.4.3
USI Tools - 0.7.1
Ambient Light Adjustment - 2.5.6.3
Camera Focus Changer - 0.9
Chatterer - 0.9.8.1230
Community Resource Pack - 0.5
Contract Configurator - 1.10.4
Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor - 1.4.2
Contract Pack: Field Research - 1.1.7
Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose - 1.2.3
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.2.1
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus - 1.4.2