[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

17 hours ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

The wrench is for surface attach only, IIRC. 

13 hours ago, IgorZ said:

You're absolutely right. From the manual:

Btw, it's a bit odd separation. When you need to attach something on surface you likely need to make new holes on that surface, its sounds reasonable to have a mechanical tool for that. And when you attach to a node (a pre-designed place to attach something) there are bolts and nuts only, and a simple wrench is enough. I'd actually swap the limitation.

Ah. Thanks. That kinda puts the kibosh on my plans, then. :huh:

6 hours ago, Mr Shifty said:

@IgorZ, thanks so much for updating the mod and coordinating testing for this one and KAS. A couple of minor notes about the release on github:

1. The release links are called "Source code.zip" or whatever, which is unusual. Usually the source code is a separate download, and the release only contains the files necessary to run the mod. Both are included with that download zip, so it's fine; just confusing.

2. There are two *.version files in the downloads: one in the root directory for the mod, and one in the /Plugins directory. (This is true for KAS as well.) This creates duplicate entries on the KVC. Not a big deal, but an easy fix. They're identical, so I deleted the one on the /Plugins directory.

1. We discussed it with KospY and agreed that Github should not be used for "real" releases. "Real release" is a package that one can simply unzip into `GameData` folder and get a working mod. Such files are stored on Curseforge. It's a long story to explain why this approach is convenient but trust me, it really is :) That said, releases on Github are nothing more but source code snapshots. They are not intended for installation by an end user, they are for developers.
  2. The files structure is not ideal and, yeah, there are duplicated version files. Since releases are handled by a script it's not a problem. One day I'll refactor the whole structure.
4 hours ago, googbo said:

when i had this installed i couldn't take crew reports or eva reports i deleted it but i still can't can someone please help me.

Anything related to the context menus (that show up on right mouse click) are handled by the modules that provide the component. E.g. if you have troubles with crew in pod "ABC" then it's a problem in the code of the ABC mod. Your best bet is uninstalling all the mods and then trying them one by one. I'm almost certain KIS has nothing to do here.

4 hours ago, curiousepic said:

Has anyone shared pre-packed KIS containers as subassemblies yet (and/or is there a method to make packing less tedious)?

What is "pre-packed"? Do you mean saving a container with some items inside as a subassembly? If yes then it works just fine.

1 hour ago, DigitalProeliator said:

Having the odd Kerbal cloning bug when getting into a pod and wondering if anyone has had it on the new build. I do have several mods installed so there is a chance its a conflict but it disappears so far only when I uninstall KIS. KAS is just fine if left installed but of course has no functionality. The newly created Kerbal is destroyed when going back to the space center screen because it is labeled as connected to an "unknown part" and deleted. I just wanted to post it while I continue to trouble shoot in case anyone else is having the same thing.

Mods list

Reveal hidden contents

KSP: 1.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.2.4f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

Filter Extensions - 2.4.3
USI Tools - 0.7.1
Ambient Light Adjustment - 2.5.6.3
Camera Focus Changer - 0.9
Chatterer - 0.9.8.1230
Community Resource Pack - 0.5
Contract Configurator - 1.10.4
Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor - 1.4.2
Contract Pack: Field Research - 1.1.7
Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose - 1.2.3
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.2.1
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus - 1.4.2
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.2.3
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.6.2
Firespitter - 7.2.1
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 1.22
RasterPropMonitor - 0.25.1
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.5.6.7
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.0.2
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1.5
Kerbal Konstructs - 0.9.5.2
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.1
Lithobrake Exploration Technologies - 0.3.5
Modular Rocket Systems - 1.12.6
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.2.1
Part Angle Display - 0.3.1.1
Kerbal Planetary Base Systems - 1.0.8
RCS Build Aid - 0.8
RealChute - 1.4
SCANsat - 1.1.6
SpaceY Expanded - 1.1.7
SpaceY Lifters - 1.12.1
StageRecovery - 1.6.4
TextureReplacer - 2.4.13
Thermal Monitor - 1.3.1
ThrottleControlledAvionics - 3.0.1
USI Core - 0.2.1
Asteroid Recycling Tech - 0.8.1
USI Exploration Pack - 0.5.1
Freight Transport Tech - 0.5.1
Karbonite - 0.7.1
Karbonite Plus - 0.6.1
Karibou - 0.2.1
Kolonization Core - 0.2.1
USI-LS - 0.4.2
Sounding Rockets - 0.4.1
USI Survivability Pack - 0.5.1
USI Submarine Pack - 0.1.1
UKS - 0.40.1.1
USI Alcubierre Drive - 0.4.1
Universal Storage - 1.1.0.11
WASDEditorCameraContinued - 0.6.6.2
Waypoint Manager - 2.5
WildBlueTools - 1.1.1
Buffalo - 0.2.8
Mark One Laboratory Extensions - 0.5.0.8

This bug usually happens with incompatible pods. Do you see the error with any pod, including the stock ones? Given how many mods you have installed I can't even guess which one could be a problem. Try to narrow down the list of the mods. It's not feasible for me to have them all in my testing env.

Edited by IgorZ

33 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

This bug usually happens with incompatible pods. Do you see the error with any pod, including the stock ones? Given how many mods you have installed I can't even guess which one could be a problem. Try to narrow down the list of the mods. It's not feasible for me to have them all in my testing env.

Its happening to any pod so I dont think its the part. I'm really suspecting that it is a dll conflicting or one that has a MM.cfg file causing problems. I'm going through all the mods to see if I can find the guilty party to give you a heads up. Ill post an update when I find them. Sadly the more mods I check off the list the longer the testing gets lol.

EDIT: looks like the guilty party for me was Kerbal Krash System. Removing it fixes the issue. Thankfully its just a cosmetic mod so not loosing to much. Ill also post in the mods topic so they have a heads up.

Edited by DigitalProeliator

18 minutes ago, DigitalProeliator said:

Its happening to any pod so I dont think its the part. I'm really suspecting that it is a dll conflicting or one that has a MM.cfg file causing problems. I'm going through all the mods to see if I can find the guilty party to give you a heads up. Ill post an update when I find them. Sadly the more mods I check off the list the longer the testing gets lol.

@DigitalProeliator I'm having the same problem with KIS on the stock lander can. To help narrow down the testing (I'm going to go through them as well), here's the list of my mods that overlap with yours. If you find the culprit and I'll confirm let me know and I'll try to confirm with mine and vice versa.

Spoiler

USI Tools - 0.7.1
Chatterer - 0.9.8.1230
Firespitter - 7.2.1
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.1
RealChute - 1.4
SCANsat - 1.1.6
USI Core - 0.2.1
Karbonite - 0.7.1
UKS - 0.40.1.1

Edited by Pitslug

24 minutes ago, Pitslug said:

@DigitalProeliator I'm having the same problem with KIS on the stock lander can. To help narrow down the testing (I'm going to go through them as well), here's the list of my mods that overlap with yours. If you find the culprit and I'll confirm let me know and I'll try to confirm with mine and vice versa.

Reveal hidden contents

USI Tools - 0.7.1
Chatterer - 0.9.8.1230
Firespitter - 7.2.1
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.1
RealChute - 1.4
SCANsat - 1.1.6
USI Core - 0.2.1
Karbonite - 0.7.1
UKS - 0.40.1.1

Even though the mod I was having issues with was not on the list, I would suggest posting if you find the guilty party causing the bug. If we can give the mod makers more info of when the bugs are happening the better of a chance they have at squashing them. There could just be something similar happening under the hood in a few mods causing the same issue.

2 hours ago, IgorZ said:

What is "pre-packed"? Do you mean saving a container with some items inside as a subassembly? If yes then it works just fine.

Yes, I'm hoping for a set of already created subassemblies I can download and insert into my game to keep from having to do all the tedious packing myself :)

Edited by curiousepic

4 hours ago, DigitalProeliator said:

Even though the mod I was having issues with was not on the list, I would suggest posting if you find the guilty party causing the bug. If we can give the mod makers more info of when the bugs are happening the better of a chance they have at squashing them. There could just be something similar happening under the hood in a few mods causing the same issue.

Turns out it was Kerbal Krash System for me too. Removing either that or KIS fixes the problem, so it's obviously a compatibility issue between the two. I'll also post on the KKS mod to let them know.

I found a bug! On 1.1 after installing KIS when i EVA, its fine, but when i get back into my ship, Kerbal duplicates and one kerbal is inside and one outside.... Tried that with Bill kerman... Now i have TWO Bill's

Confirming the Kerbal cloning bug.

To reproduce, my GameData folder looks as follows:

KIS

KerbalKrashSystem

Squad

Spawn a crewed MK1 pod on the launchpad, have the Kerbal EVA and let him get back into the pod. Kerbal moves inside but remains as a clone outside as well.

Output log is beeing spammed with:

(Filename:  Line: -1)

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KIS, Version=1.2.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

Not sure if thats the thing. Hope this helps...

Well. I had a problem with inventory. None of pods had it after update( and mods upgrade). Not even in the KIS/KAS containers. So... What I did. I removed all modes and applied them in batches, just to do a QSort on issue. After whole ordeal, the context menu is back. So either, it required a reset to "pristine condition" or some sort of rebuild of indexes, if any?

4 hours ago, TrooperCooper said:

Output log is beeing spammed with:

(Filename:  Line: -1)

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KIS, Version=1.2.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

KerbalKrashSystem is the problem. Somehow it conflicts with KIS. One interesting thing in your log is the error about KIS 1.2.5. Please, try removing KKS and let me know if problem goes away (as well as the message in the log).

4 hours ago, baranowb said:

Well. I had a problem with inventory. None of pods had it after update( and mods upgrade). Not even in the KIS/KAS containers. So... What I did. I removed all modes and applied them in batches, just to do a QSort on issue. After whole ordeal, the context menu is back. So either, it required a reset to "pristine condition" or some sort of rebuild of indexes, if any?

Did you notice any errors in the log? Inventories are added to the parts when Space center scene is loaded. There are no any other dependencies so, the loading order should not affect it.

5 hours ago, FRESH71 said:

I found a bug! On 1.1 after installing KIS when i EVA, its fine, but when i get back into my ship, Kerbal duplicates and one kerbal is inside and one outside.... Tried that with Bill kerman... Now i have TWO Bill's

Do you have KerbalKrashSystem? This mod is known to be conflicting with KIS. Please, give full list of your mods and check if there are errors in the log.

15 hours ago, IgorZ said:

@DigitalProeliator @Pitslug Guys, could you please give the exact steps description? Screenshots would be highly appreciated.

Sure but TrooperCooper has already said it covered dead on. Happens the exact same way for me. I had at first narrowed it down to involving KIS by removing any obvious mod that touched the Kerbals. I never thought of KKS effecting Kerbals as I thought of it as a parts effect mod like hot rockets. I've already posted in the KKS topic so hopefully the author can squish this bug. :)

4 hours ago, DigitalProeliator said:

Sure but TrooperCooper has already said it covered dead on. Happens the exact same way for me. I had at first narrowed it down to involving KIS by removing any obvious mod that touched the Kerbals. I never thought of KKS effecting Kerbals as I thought of it as a parts effect mod like hot rockets. I've already posted in the KKS topic so hopefully the author can squish this bug. :)

Thanks. I've tried KKS and discovered the issue pretty quick. Looks like their mod depends on KIS 1.2.5.

Has anybody encountered a duplicate equipable item bug?  If i equip the wrench, then equip the screw driver, the wrench is still visible in my hand.  then if i try to equip either of the two again, it just spawns as a physicless floating object in my hand, i walk away, and it just floats there.  I think it may be an extension of this bug, but whenever i press "H" to try to attach something, no matter which one i have equipped, I get an ingame error message saying that i need a tool equiped to be able to perform that action.

This is my first post so i hope this is the right place for it       I wanted to know how to set off the explosives i have them planted but right click seems to do nothing is there a key binding or something 

33 minutes ago, FoX57 said:

This is my first post so i hope this is the right place for it       I wanted to know how to set off the explosives i have them planted but right click seems to do nothing is there a key binding or something 

I think you may need an engineer to do that.

Anyway, sounds like the kerbal duplication problem is a KerbalKrashSystems related issue, I hope.....

18 hours ago, IgorZ said:

KerbalKrashSystem is the problem. Somehow it conflicts with KIS. One interesting thing in your log is the error about KIS 1.2.5. Please, try removing KKS and let me know if problem goes away (as well as the message in the log).

Did you notice any errors in the log? Inventories are added to the parts when Space center scene is loaded. There are no any other dependencies so, the loading order should not affect it.

Do you have KerbalKrashSystem? This mod is known to be conflicting with KIS. Please, give full list of your mods and check if there are errors in the log.

Yes i do have KerbalKrashSystem. so thats the problem?

6 hours ago, erbmur said:

Has anybody encountered a duplicate equipable item bug?  If i equip the wrench, then equip the screw driver, the wrench is still visible in my hand.  then if i try to equip either of the two again, it just spawns as a physicless floating object in my hand, i walk away, and it just floats there.  I think it may be an extension of this bug, but whenever i press "H" to try to attach something, no matter which one i have equipped, I get an ingame error message saying that i need a tool equiped to be able to perform that action.

Almost always such issues are due to conflicts with other mods. One of the recently discovered is KerbalKrashSystem. Try checking the logs, when dup issues happens there are always useful error messages in the logs.

13 minutes ago, FRESH71 said:

Yes i do have KerbalKrashSystem. so thats the problem?

Kerbal replication. This issue is caused by the current version of KKS.

1 hour ago, IgorZ said:

Almost always such issues are due to conflicts with other mods. One of the recently discovered is KerbalKrashSystem. Try checking the logs, when dup issues happens there are always useful error messages in the logs.

Just ran a fresh install and it seems to be working fine now.  I'll go through the mods and see which one is causing the error if it would help in the development in anyway.

EDIT: Had a run through all the mods one by one, and it looks like DeadlyReentry is the reason the duplication bug is occurring.  Hope that helps

Edited by erbmur

Hello. First, thanks for your great mods. xD

Encountered an issue. I can't equip an electric screwdriver.

The log:

Spoiler

[LOG 09:34:24.916] Equip item KIS.electricScrewdriver
[EXC 09:34:24.919] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.PlaySound (System.String sndPath, Boolean loop, Boolean uiSnd)
    KIS.KIS_Item.PlaySound (System.String sndPath, Boolean loop)
    KIS.KIS_Item.Equip ()
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.GuiContextMenu (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[EXC 09:34:24.970] NullReferenceException
    UnityEngine.Transform.get_rotation ()
    KIS.KIS_Item.Update ()
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.LateUpdate ()
[EXC 09:34:25.088] NullReferenceException
    KIS.KIS_Item.Update ()
[EXC 09:34:25.237] NullReferenceException
    KIS.KIS_Item.Update ()

<many more NRE spam>

1vxmiN8.jpg
This happens if I try to equip a screwdriver (tried twice). The model appears in Bill's hands but then slowly floats away as I move. But it appears to follow Bill as if it was in his hands.

I have many mods installed. But since there's NRE spam in the log I think it may be an internal KIS issue. I heard there was an incompatibility issue between Kerbal Krash System and KIS but among these two I only use KIS.

(KIS 1.2.7 build 6, KAS 0.5.6 build7)

Thanks!

Edited by atomontage
fixed log

33 minutes ago, atomontage said:

Hello. First, thanks for your great mods. xD

Encountered an issue. I can't equip an electric screwdriver.

The log:

Reveal hidden contents

[LOG 09:34:24.916] Equip item KIS.electricScrewdriver
[EXC 09:34:24.919] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.PlaySound (System.String sndPath, Boolean loop, Boolean uiSnd)
    KIS.KIS_Item.PlaySound (System.String sndPath, Boolean loop)
    KIS.KIS_Item.Equip ()
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.GuiContextMenu (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[EXC 09:34:24.970] NullReferenceException
    KIS.KIS_Item.Update ()
[EXC 09:34:25.088] NullReferenceException
    KIS.KIS_Item.Update ()
[EXC 09:34:25.237] NullReferenceException
    KIS.KIS_Item.Update ()

<many more NRE spam>

1vxmiN8.jpg
This happens if I try to equip a screwdriver (tried twice). The model appears in Bill's hands but then slowly floats away as I move. But it appears to follow Bill as if it was in his hands.

I have many mods installed. But since there's NRE spam in the log I think it may be an internal KIS issue. I heard there was an incompatibility issue between Kerbal Krash System and KIS but among these two I only use KIS.

(KIS 1.2.7 build 6, KAS 0.5.6 build7)

Thanks!

The error says that there were issues loading sound file. I remember people reporting this issue but that time it was wrong installation path. Could you please check if your folder `GameData\KIS\Sounds\` has all the files? What is your OS? Please, also give a list of all of your mods. For now we know two conflicting mods: KKS and Deadly Reentry. Also, as far as I can tell the kerbal model is not from the stock game. Is that true or my eyes lie to me?

15 minutes ago, Enceos said:

@IgorZ Thank you again for your great work! Might I ask, do you have this disappearing nodes issue?

Similar bug was fixed during 1.1 migration. Are you sure your version of KIS is 1.2.7.6? If your build is 5 then the bug you see is the one that was fixed :) If the version is right then it may be an issue with the model's renderer. Please, let me know what mod introduces the container on the screenshot.

12 hours ago, erbmur said:

Just ran a fresh install and it seems to be working fine now.  I'll go through the mods and see which one is causing the error if it would help in the development in anyway.

EDIT: Had a run through all the mods one by one, and it looks like DeadlyReentry is the reason the duplication bug is occurring.  Hope that helps

Thank you for the update. It's impossible to be compatible with all the mods around, and it's good we know at least some of the incompatible ones :)

Edited by IgorZ