[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

14 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

This went from a "waaa, my concrete slab don't work" video to "woo hoo go KIS!" video :)

Great mod!

Did I get the problem correctly: you've tried to create own concrete base but it was not attaching to the ground?

50 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

Great mod!

Did I get the problem correctly: you've tried to create own concrete base but it was not attaching to the ground?

Correct. In my case though, I was using a mesh collider that for other reasons was set to layer 26. I changed it to layer 0 and into a box collider, and that did the trick. :)

And because KIS is awesome:

MCqZUfq.png

Just now, Angel-125 said:

Correct. In my case though, I was using a mesh collider that for other reasons was set to layer 26. I changed it to layer 0 and into a box collider, and that did the trick. :)

I've wasted two days fighting with colliders in 1.1. Pylons and ground bases were immediately detaching due to a breaking force applied. What helped is fixing attach node positions on the parts: if position was too deep in the part the "ground" collider was pushing the part out; if position was too far from the part's surface then gravity force was crushing the joint. Box colllider looks the simplest solution in your case (given you've set attach nodes correctly).

Btw, set static break force on your parts to a reasonably high value. Otherwise, you may find them detaching on physics start (e.g. on vessel unpack).

1 minute ago, IgorZ said:

I've wasted two days fighting with colliders in 1.1. Pylons and ground bases were immediately detaching due to a breaking force applied. What helped is fixing attach node positions on the parts: if position was too deep in the part the "ground" collider was pushing the part out; if position was too far from the part's surface then gravity force was crushing the joint. Box colllider looks the simplest solution in your case (given you've set attach nodes correctly).

Btw, set static break force on your parts to a reasonably high value. Otherwise, you may find them detaching on physics start (e.g. on vessel unpack).

Well your frustrations are appreciated. :) I set my static break force to 200, exactly the same as the concrete slab, but I think I'll up that seriously high to help with some kraken issues I've had with Pathfinder's bases. Thanks for the tip! :)

11 hours ago, Bloody_looser said:

Parts, attachable without tools (i.e. bombs and foundations) still ask for a tool and won't attach.:(

Anyone experience the same stuff?

Looks like a bug. I've created an issue: https://github.com/KospY/KIS/issues/124

11 hours ago, curiousepic said:

Is there a known issue with struts and connectors missing actions in the context menu (like increasing quantity etc) in VAB?

Do you mean KAS struts and connectors? They work fine to me.

this mod is causing my kerbals to clone, anyone else have this issue?? 

my modlist 

Spoiler

B9 Part Switch - 1.1.1
Better Science Labs Continued - 0.1.7.1
Chatterer - 0.9.8.1230
Community Resource Pack - 0.5
Contract Configurator - 1.10.4
CC-CP-SCANSat - 0.6.0.1
Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose - 1.2.4
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.2.1
Contract Pack: RemoteTech - 2.0.2
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus - 1.4.2
Crowd Sourced Science - 3.0.2
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.2.3
CapCom Mission Control On The Go - 1.0.2.1
Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.15.6.1
Firespitter - 7.2.1
Docking Sounds - 2.1
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 1.24
RasterPropMonitor - 0.25.1
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.5.6.7
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.0.2
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1.5
KerbalKonstructs - 0.9.6
HyperEdit - 1.5
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.2.7.6
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.1
Infernal Robots - 2.0
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.1.3
NavHud - 1.3
NearFutureElectrical - 0.7
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.7
NearFutureSolar - 0.6
Pilot Assistant - 1.12.5
PlanetShine - 0.2.5
RCS Sounds - 5.0
RemoteTech - 1.6.11
SETI-RemoteTechConfig - 1.0.8
SCANsat - 1.1.6
Science Funding - 1.2.1
SmartStage - 2.9.1
SpaceTux: Shared Assets - 0.3.9
StageRecovery - 1.6.4.1
Stock Visual Enhancements - 0.6.4
TakeCommand - 1.4
TextureReplacer - 2.4.13
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.6.1
TweakScale - 2.2.7.2
Universal Storage - 1.1.0.11
KSP Interstellar Extended - 1.8.12
Waypoint Manager - 2.5
[x] Science! - 4.15

windows 10, 64 bit

happens on old and new saves. even if kerbal has an empty inventory.

Edited by Masterofworlds22
added a bit more info.

29 minutes ago, Masterofworlds22 said:

this mod is causing my kerbals to clone, anyone else have this issue?? 

my modlist 

Hide contents

B9 Part Switch - 1.1.1
Better Science Labs Continued - 0.1.7.1
Chatterer - 0.9.8.1230
Community Resource Pack - 0.5
Contract Configurator - 1.10.4
CC-CP-SCANSat - 0.6.0.1
Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose - 1.2.4
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.2.1
Contract Pack: RemoteTech - 2.0.2
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus - 1.4.2
Crowd Sourced Science - 3.0.2
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.2.3
CapCom Mission Control On The Go - 1.0.2.1
Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.15.6.1
Firespitter - 7.2.1
Docking Sounds - 2.1
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 1.24
RasterPropMonitor - 0.25.1
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.5.6.7
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.0.2
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1.5
KerbalKonstructs - 0.9.6
HyperEdit - 1.5
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.2.7.6
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.1
Infernal Robots - 2.0
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.1.3
NavHud - 1.3
NearFutureElectrical - 0.7
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.7
NearFutureSolar - 0.6
Pilot Assistant - 1.12.5
PlanetShine - 0.2.5
RCS Sounds - 5.0
RemoteTech - 1.6.11
SETI-RemoteTechConfig - 1.0.8
SCANsat - 1.1.6
Science Funding - 1.2.1
SmartStage - 2.9.1
SpaceTux: Shared Assets - 0.3.9
StageRecovery - 1.6.4.1
Stock Visual Enhancements - 0.6.4
TakeCommand - 1.4
TextureReplacer - 2.4.13
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.6.1
TweakScale - 2.2.7.2
Universal Storage - 1.1.0.11
KSP Interstellar Extended - 1.8.12
Waypoint Manager - 2.5
[x] Science! - 4.15

windows 10, 64 bit

happens on old and new saves. even if kerbal has an empty inventory.

Please, check the logs for the errors or suspicious messages. Pure KIS doesn't give cloning issue. So far all such reports were related to a conflict with some other mod. There are no known problematic mods in your list.

Edited by IgorZ

5 hours ago, curiousepic said:

Strange.  Yeah, when I right click them to make a stack, it just says "Action: No Actions"

You're trying it in the editor, right? Could you please give a screenshot?

1 hour ago, curiousepic said:

http://imgur.com/wrXUAan

Well, I was able to fix it by adding 

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleKISItem
		stackable = true
	}

to the config. I'm just surprised this wasn't getting added by either KIS or KAS via MM.

This flag is for override only. Many stock parts are stackable in spite of they don't have this flag. There are some situations when part cannot be stackable. Will refresh my memory fro the full list when at home but there is at least one I remember for sure: a resource. If part has any resource it's not stackable. It's hard to imagine a strut with resource but who knows. May be some of your other mods affected the strut's properties somehow. Or may be it's an issue of 1.1.1 which I haven't tested yet.

1 hour ago, IgorZ said:

This flag is for override only. Many stock parts are stackable in spite of they don't have this flag. There are some situations when part cannot be stackable. Will refresh my memory fro the full list when at home but there is at least one I remember for sure: a resource. If part has any resource it's not stackable. It's hard to imagine a strut with resource but who knows. May be some of your other mods affected the strut's properties somehow. Or may be it's an issue of 1.1.1 which I haven't tested yet.

Because stacking is added by part module, any other mod that adds part modules to stackable parts makes them unstackable. An example is struts normally stack of you only have KAS/KIS . Add in DangIt, which adds a part module to every part in the game, it breaks stacking. 

1 hour ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

Because stacking is added by part module, any other mod that adds part modules to stackable parts makes them unstackable. An example is struts normally stack of you only have KAS/KIS . Add in DangIt, which adds a part module to every part in the game, it breaks stacking. 

This is correct. Modules can be marked stackable in KIS config file via `KISConfig/StackableModule` key. Or a specific part can be set as stackable via `KISConfig/StackableItemOverride` key.

hello already sorry for my english but i'm French and i use a bit "google translation" sorry again

But i have a problem for this because i don't use a contener with the right clicks on the editor for SPH and VAB, it's been almost two weeks that I seek the solution and i never get it please can you help me i want really game with tjis mod 

Thanks for your answer GOOD BYE ( " Au revoire" in French ).

48 minutes ago, dinoman0630 said:

hello already sorry for my english but i'm French and i use a bit "google translation" sorry again

Je t'ai envoyé un message privé en français, ça iras mieux que Google trad

Sorry for breaking rule 2.4 c , I only mean to help him via PM ^^"

20 minutes ago, dlrk said:

I'm sure this has been reported before, but Kerbals seem to get stuck on the outside of pods.

Do they stuck or do they replicate? The replication bug was reported before, and it was always related to a conflict with some other mod. The only way to fix such issues is finding which mod conflicts with KIS and then figuring our if it's on KIS side or on the other mod's side.

4 minutes ago, dlrk said:

The kerbals don't show up as being in the pod,  and one Kerbal stays at the hatch.

This is new. A usual, we need full list of mods and logs to have an idea of what's going on.

23 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

This is new. A usual, we need full list of mods and logs to have an idea of what's going on.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qid50jqqc8q22c4/output_log.txt?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/qid50jqqc8q22c4/output_log.txt?d

When I removed the surface experiments package mod, it became the simply the replication bug others haves reported. Besides parts mods, I have:

Blizzy's Toolbar

B9
Better Burn Time
Better Crew Assignments
EVE
UKS
Contract Configurator
Cryiebgubes
Dmagic
Deadly Reentry

Extraplanetary launchpad

Haystack
RPM
KAS

KJR

kOS

Hyperedit

MechJeb
PreciseNode
Procedural Fairings
Procedural PArts

Real chute

Real plume

Remote Tech
Throttlce controlled Avionics

TACLS

Texture Replacer
Strategia

SmokeScreen
TweakableEverything

Universal stroage
KSPI-E

On 4/28/2016 at 11:00 PM, Angel-125 said:

To be clear, in order to attach to the ground you need a box collider now? I've been having issues with SEP parts not properly attaching to the ground, causing krakens and/or exploding parts.