[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

To be clear, in order to attach to the ground you need a box collider now? I've been having issues with SEP parts not properly attaching to the ground, causing krakens and/or exploding parts.

Right. I had to use a box collider where before I had a mesh collider. When I had a mesh collider, my parts would not stick to the ground despite being attached. When I changed to a box collider that issue went away.

27 minutes ago, AliceTheGorgon said:

Any chance the "EVA-11 Fuel Canister" can have an option to drain monopropellant in order to fill, instead of only getting fuel from nowhere?

The EvaFuel mod takes care of making Kerbals use monoprop, but the tanks here still get free EVA Propellant.

Not sure if KIS has to deal with it. KIS follows the game's concept in spite of it's kind of odd. Ideally, EvaFuel mod should take care of the canisters as well. Those who have no mod will use the game's approach (infinite eva fuel), those who decide to change the concept will install the mod. How to do it is another question. I think some support from KIS side will be needed. If I only fix the canister (which doesn't seem to be a hard task) then the behavior will become inconsistent: infinite fuel for kerbal's pack but limited fuel for the canisters.

6 minutes ago, dlrk said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qid50jqqc8q22c4/output_log.txt?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/qid50jqqc8q22c4/output_log.txt?d

When I removed the surface experiments package mod, it became the simply the replication bug others haves reported. Besides parts mods, I have:

Blizzy's Toolbar

B9
Better Burn Time
Better Crew Assignments
EVE
UKS
Contract Configurator
Cryiebgubes
Dmagic
Deadly Reentry

Extraplanetary launchpad

Haystack
RPM
KAS

KJR

kOS

Hyperedit

MechJeb
PreciseNode
Procedural Fairings
Procedural PArts

Real chute

Real plume

Remote Tech
Throttlce controlled Avionics

TACLS

Texture Replacer
Strategia

SmokeScreen
TweakableEverything

Universal stroage
KSPI-E

Try removing Deadly Reentry. It was reported causing replication bug.

Just now, Angel-125 said:

Right. I had to use a box collider where before I had a mesh collider. When I had a mesh collider, my parts would not stick to the ground despite being attached. When I changed to a box collider that issue went away.

Well, I'm really glad to know that has been sorted. Question though: Could I use a mesh collider for the top part of the experiment (for SEP they generally have somewhat complex shapes) and a box collider for the bottom?

In any case, thanks for figuring that out. What is it with Unity 5 and everything having to be box colliders now?

Well, I'm really glad to know that has been sorted. Question though: Could I use a mesh collider for the top part of the experiment (for SEP they generally have somewhat complex shapes) and a box collider for the bottom?

In any case, thanks for figuring that out. What is it with Unity 5 and everything having to be box colliders now?

I would think that you're ok with a box collider on the bottom since that interacts with the ground, and mesh collider elsewhere.

Edited by Angel-125

5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

To be clear, in order to attach to the ground you need a box collider now? I've been having issues with SEP parts not properly attaching to the ground, causing krakens and/or exploding parts.

From the technical side it can be any collider, including mesh. But it's not easy to properly align attach nodes with the mesh collider. If the bottom node has even a small error the ground collider will push the part out breaking the joint. I've fixed nodes on pylon and ground base by actually casting rays in the game to figure out the collision point.

Just now, IgorZ said:

From the technical side it can be any collider, including mesh. But it's not easy to properly align attach nodes with the mesh collider. If the bottom node has even a small error the ground collider will push the part out breaking the joint. I've fixed nodes on pylon and ground base by actually casting rays in the game to figure out the collision point.

... could I just ensure the attach nodes are ever so slightly below the colliders?

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

... could I just ensure the attach nodes are ever so slightly below the colliders?

Yes but in this case gravity may turn into your enemy :)  Won't be a real problem for low gravity planets, though.

1 minute ago, IgorZ said:

Yes but in this case gravity may turn into your enemy :)  Won't be a real problem for low gravity planets, though.

What about snapping gameobjects in unity to the bottom of the collider to get the true height and copying that into the cfg? I know these are all questions I could answer myself with experimentation, I'm just asking in case you already have all the answers.

3 minutes ago, dlrk said:

Removing DRE made no difference

Well, I checked your log. Man, you have real troubles there. There are a lot of errors and exceptions. I'm surprised the game is working for you at all. I'd suggest to do a clean install. I.e. setup clean game and then install mods from the scratch. I see at least one error which is enough to have serious issues:

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KIS, Version=1.2.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

Though, given how many errors are in the file it's hard to say which mod throws it. Similar issue was with KKS until they've fixed it.

I installed from the store, and just installed the mods into Gamedata. It looks like most, if not all, of the errors are Vessel Viewer, which I would expect, given that it hasn't been fully updated for 1.1 yet.  Though, I will take it out for now

Edited by dlrk

15 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

What about snapping gameobjects in unity to the bottom of the collider to get the true height and copying that into the cfg? I know these are all questions I could answer myself with experimentation, I'm just asking in case you already have all the answers.

It's what I did for my parts: made Unity to calculate attach nodes for me :) I tried to come up with a universal solution to fix all the parts on the fly but eventually gave up. The code becomes too complicated.

Basically, what you do is moving at some distance in direction of the bottom node (like 100), and then cast a ray in the revers direction. The first collision point with your part's collider is the position of the right attach node.

Edited by IgorZ

Just now, IgorZ said:

It's what I did for my parts: made Unity to calculate attach nodes for me :) I tried to come up with a universal solution to fix all the parts on the fly but eventually gave up. The code becomes too complicated.

Understandable. Well, at least I have several possible solutions now. Further than I was! Now if only KSP would stop crashing constantly for me...

Understandable. Well, at least I have several possible solutions now. Further than I was! Now if only KSP would stop crashing constantly for me...

Crashes make me mad too. For me game lives no more than an hour. And logs give no useful info to figure out why the game is crashing.

Just now, IgorZ said:

Crashes make me mad too. For me game lives no more than an hour. And logs give no useful info to figure out why the game is crashing.

I get crashes within 10 minutes of starting the game, ever since 1.1 pre-release started, except, ironically, when I was running a crap ton of visual mods to take screenshots. Ran fine all afternoon...

I'm getting the constant VAB crashes, but I've also crashed while walking an EVA kerbal across the KSC, when switching vessels with [ and ], trying to launch, trying to switch scenes... Like you said, nothing in the log that points at it. Makes it even more miserable then usual to troubleshoot issues, since I need to restart the game 2-3 times just to try to reproduce something, and then half the time loading back into a flight scene causes krakens...

27 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

Not sure if KIS has to deal with it. KIS follows the game's concept in spite of it's kind of odd. Ideally, EvaFuel mod should take care of the canisters as well. Those who have no mod will use the game's approach (infinite eva fuel), those who decide to change the concept will install the mod. How to do it is another question. I think some support from KIS side will be needed. If I only fix the canister (which doesn't seem to be a hard task) then the behavior will become inconsistent: infinite fuel for kerbal's pack but limited fuel for the canisters.

Having EvaFuel do the work definitely makes the most sense, and makes things easiest for users, but I have no idea how to hook into KIS from another mod in order to change the behavior.

Is there an API or something that I could use for it, or would I have to do some magic with module manager to make the tank use a custom module or something?

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I get crashes within 10 minutes of starting the game, ever since 1.1 pre-release started, except, ironically, when I was running a crap ton of visual mods to take screenshots. Ran fine all afternoon...

I'm getting the constant VAB crashes, but I've also crashed while walking an EVA kerbal across the KSC, when switching vessels with [ and ], trying to launch, trying to switch scenes... Like you said, nothing in the log that points at it. Makes it even more miserable then usual to troubleshoot issues, since I need to restart the game 2-3 times just to try to reproduce something, and then half the time loading back into a flight scene causes krakens...

Do you have many mods in your usual test env? I keep the bare minimum (mostly for the sake of loading time). I refuse to believe it's Unity or KSP issue, and my hope always was it's our bad mods that make game crushing :)

3 minutes ago, AliceTheGorgon said:

Having EvaFuel do the work definitely makes the most sense, and makes things easiest for users, but I have no idea how to hook into KIS from another mod in order to change the behavior.

Is there an API or something that I could use for it, or would I have to do some magic with module manager to make the tank use a custom module or something?

Let me think on this when I'm at home. Technically, you can get ModuleKISItem from the part and then adjust anything you want. Though, it's a rather complicated way. Maybe the easiest approach would be just throwing an event when fuel is added into a canister.

1.1.1 Introduced many crashes. Even DasValdez had crashes right after he updated to 1.1.1. He runs a bare minimum amount of mods. I had crashes related to vessel thumbnail generation. Though played for 3 hours today without any problem.

Has anybody been having crashes when the game loads a vessel onto the launch pad? Ive been getting those. In fact, litterally each and every single rocket I try to put on the LP is immediately followed a crash (Virtual function call or something like that). Im searching high and low to see if Im the only one (mod related?) or not (native issue?)

CM

2 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Has anybody been having crashes when the game loads a vessel onto the launch pad? Ive been getting those. In fact, litterally each and every single rocket I try to put on the LP is immediately followed a crash (Virtual function call or something like that). Im searching high and low to see if Im the only one (mod related?) or not (native issue?)

CM

It's certainly mod related. I launch with no problem. Have only high load time if I have Procedural Parts in the vessel.

Edited by Enceos

3 minutes ago, Enceos said:

It's certainly mod related. I launch with no problem. Have only high load time if I have Procedural Parts in the vessel.

Well, not sure... here's the deal:

I'm running a fairly modded version of KSP 1.1. All mods are the respective latest KSP 1.1 compatible versions. What works ok:

- VAB/SPH (I can load, modify, create new ships, see all modded components that were added, all mod functionality is nominal...)
 - Tracking Station (I can see all ships ok, new planets from ESO are good, I can go to and fly all ships, new KSP functionality is nominal...)
 - I can access all buildings at the KSC without any issues
 - I can load any saved files ok

This is the problem I am encountering. Once I load a ship to go to the launch pad, the initial loading screen is as its always been. But once the ship gets loaded onto the launch pad at KSC, the screen goes dark and I only have very limited functionality. The game then proceeds to hard crash to desktop if I try to do anything from returning to launch, to VAB or to KSC. 

Screenshot of the issue:
http://imgur.com/Z0usdh2
http://imgur.com/vW7ygH1

Here is the complete list of mods I was running (minus TAC Life Support for 1.1, Axial Aerospace and FASA. Those were NOT there when the issue occurred):

http://imgur.com/b6RC884
http://imgur.com/w558a3S

The game is launching from its 64 bit version, so I know that is not the issue. I'm using Windows 10 64bit OS.

The really weird thing that I did notice when trying to debunk this is that the ship seems to get instawarped into a solar orbit into deep space or something weird like that. I was able to (somehow) recover one ship and I got science for having retrieved a ship from solar orbit, or something like that... Here's the screenshot for it (this happens when I reload the game and try to launch another ship, at which point I have to clear the launch pad, and it gives me this):

http://imgur.com/CyWSTe3

Really unsure what is causing this but, as you can imagine, this is a pretty bad issue. I cant launch anything at the moment. I can only play with what has already been launched. 

Thanks for any help! I really need it!

CM

There's another mod which causes a kerbal replication bug, just so everybody knows. Kerbalism mod currently doesn't play nicely with Kerbals spawned on the ground via contracts from Contract Configurator packs.