[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

Just now, IgorZ said:

Could be a consequence of this bug. Dock ports have own logic which may get broken when KIS is used to modify the station. As a workaround, detach "crazy port" and put it into inventory (any). Then pull it out and attach back. This should reset the port' state. In the future avoid using KIS detach function to break connection between two docked ports. Only a properly undocked port behaves well for now.

Thank you. I already did that and it worked, but for your final advice: I am not sure what exactly I did (I basically repaired a broken lander in space with parts moving everywhere) but I am quite sure neither docking port was in docked mode when I manipulated them - but maybe I remember wrongly. I'll see if I can replicate the issue with undocked ports. If I can, I'll give you more feedback.

I got a few Nres which are not listed in known issues got this two 49fe4c65d2.jpg when placed this item in inventory 7fc1c755d1.jpg that's from Surface Experiment pack, so that's might be mod related, I will post it in mod's thread too. Also when I place not EVA items in inventory they copy themself on the floor like this

Spoiler

0f044c2eb1.jpg

KSP.log

Output_log

Spoiler

And when you place item in the pod which should be carried on the back of the kerbonaut and you go to EVA item shows like carried 7789ed8a59.jpg but it actually not. And when you try to drop it, that's causes Nre 026be82331.jpg You can drop it manually and when pick up item shows on the back and drop button works normally.

Workaround: WRT lowered landing legs etc. You can overcome this with:
 - attach part on VAB craft

- set retracted/folded position

- open inventory
- drag said element into inv.

- delete element.

Edited by baranowb

13 hours ago, LordAssault said:

I got a few Nres which are not listed in known issues got this two 49fe4c65d2.jpg when placed this item in inventory 7fc1c755d1.jpg that's from Surface Experiment pack, so that's might be mod related, I will post it in mod's thread too. Also when I place not EVA items in inventory they copy themself on the floor like this

Reveal hidden contents

0f044c2eb1.jpg

KSP.log

Output_log

Hide contents

And when you place item in the pod which should be carried on the back of the kerbonaut and you go to EVA item shows like carried 7789ed8a59.jpg but it actually not. And when you try to drop it, that's causes Nre 026be82331.jpg You can drop it manually and when pick up item shows on the back and drop button works normally.

Issue with a part being created on the floor there is an existing bug. For the others two created this and this. Thanks!

16 hours ago, LordAssault said:

I got a few Nres which are not listed in known issues got this two 49fe4c65d2.jpg when placed this item in inventory

KSP.log

Output_log

Reveal hidden contents

The seat inventory issue should get fixed next release of WildBlueTools. :)

Edited by Angel-125

On 5/9/2016 at 1:52 PM, Festivejelly said:

Hrm I seem to have found a bugette.

I thought i read somewhere in the notes this was fixed... anyhow my ground base seems to be floating. If I attach it to the ground it will attach, but when I leave the scene, such as re loading the game etc, when i come back to my little base, the ground bases appear to be floating.

*Edit*  I'm able to reproduce this on a clean install with just KIS installed. So I dont think its a conflict causing this.

I'm seeing something similar on an asteroid.  I'm not sure if it's KIS related since it seems to also happen with the claw.  I've attached a few different parts to the asteroid with Pylons, but having left and come back, one of my pylons (and one of my claw-anchored ships) are floating above the asteroid.  Another of my pylons and its attachments have sunk beneath the asteroid surface.

I haven't changed versions of KIS since I got it to work (I still have to use the press-an-extra-key workaround, but it works).  

Screenshots:

1. Floating pylon (left) and "disconnected" claw (lower left). The sliver of gray at the top of the asteroid is a part of the sunken solar panel array assembly.  The ship on the right seems to have it's claw correct.
    o6wyjGA.jpg
  2. Sunken pylon and solar array assembly, seen from inside the asteroid.  The panel on the left which is sunk below the asteroid surface still gets sunlight.
    J7dKDPj.jpg

31 minutes ago, Razorfang said:

Has the issue with modifying the part mass been fixed yet? Just wondering if it is still a problem.

Nothing is done here yet but iirc it was a KOS issue. KIS modifies mass in wrong way but so far there were no reproducible bugs reported.

43 minutes ago, Razorfang said:

OK, thanks. I've run into this big with tweakscale and FAR recently so I was wondering if it was a problem with this addon as well. Thanks for all your hard work.

By "this" do you mean "mass is spontaneously increasing" or you mean "mass calculation is incorrect"?  First one was reported in relation to KOS. Second one is a known issue of KIS: it doesn't work well with tweak scale.

Hey guys!  Love this mod, but a quick question.

Is there a reason the strut ends aren't stackable in KIS like the pipe ends are?  It seems ridiculous to have to send an entire 3.5m Kontainer just to carry 20 tiny little strut ends that weigh nothing.

11 minutes ago, tsaven said:

Hey guys!  Love this mod, but a quick question.

Is there a reason the strut ends aren't stackable in KIS like the pipe ends are?  It seems ridiculous to have to send an entire 3.5m Kontainer just to carry 20 tiny little strut ends that weigh nothing.

See this post for details on stacking. 

20 minutes ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

See this post for details on stacking. 

Thanks, I figured someone had asked this before.  :)  I'm not clear on exactly what people are talking about as "modules", as I'm not a modder or even very mod-savvy myself.  But from reading those posts, it seems like some other mod of mine has somehow set the struts to not being stackable?  And there's some config file editing I can do to fix it?

1 hour ago, tsaven said:

Thanks, I figured someone had asked this before.  :)  I'm not clear on exactly what people are talking about as "modules", as I'm not a modder or even very mod-savvy myself.  But from reading those posts, it seems like some other mod of mine has somehow set the struts to not being stackable?  And there's some config file editing I can do to fix it?

Go to KSP_Root/GameData/KIS 

Open settings.cfg and scroll to the bottom. 

Change the this:

StackableItemOverride
    {
        partName = addWhatYouWantHere1
        partName = addWhatYouWantHere2
    }

To this:

StackableItemOverride
{
     partName = KAS_Strut1
}

2 hours ago, SteveD80 said:

Is there any way to see whats in a storage box without an EVA?

Edit the CFG file for each container and set:

internalAccess = false

to

internalAccess = true

Then restart the game.

3 hours ago, Justinjah91 said:

What exactly is the difference between the ground pylon and the CB1 ground base?

Different models, mass and volume. They are both passive parts so, not functional differences.

just learning how to use this addon, it is amazing so far, but how do you attach struts to secure payloads in eva in space? i have them in my inventory, i have the wrench and screwdriver, i hold h to attach it, and no matter what i do, replacing it, moving it, etc.. it always just puts the end strut connector, and does not attach anything to anything. am i missing something, or is this not able to be done etc? also when in space, and i left click/drop something, how do i pick it up and replace it in inventory? g grabs it, but only allows me to place it on something, not back into the kerbals inventory? thanks in advance for any help.

6 minutes ago, inzainia said:

just learning how to use this addon, it is amazing so far, but how do you attach struts to secure payloads in eva in space? i have them in my inventory, i have the wrench and screwdriver, i hold h to attach it, and no matter what i do, replacing it, moving it, etc.. it always just puts the end strut connector, and does not attach anything to anything. am i missing something, or is this not able to be done etc? also when in space, and i left click/drop something, how do i pick it up and replace it in inventory? g grabs it, but only allows me to place it on something, not back into the kerbals inventory? thanks in advance for any help.

Stock struts don't work.  Get the corresponding KAS mod and use the struts from it.