[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

40 minutes ago, Space Cat said:

If it helps, I have Rp-0 installed. Other people have had this problem, and they claim that uninstalling KIS and KAS fixes it. It does for me as long as I make a new save, but that still means that I loose so much progress. To the point that I am just going to play vanillaish now.

As others have said if you want help we need specifics, not anecdotal information.  Full mod lists, log files etc.  One mod installed doesn't necessarily help.  "other people" comments don't really help.  In general if KIS was corrupting saves so readily it would be all over this thread, but it isn't.  So it likely isn't KIS but another mod that isn't playing well with KIS. 

On 02/06/2016 at 8:06 PM, charliepryor said:

Exactly the same happening to me. It's putting my surface station plans on hold for now. Huge number of mods though... Mod list: http://hottipscentral.com/ksp-mods

Previous version works just fine, although I'll probably be susceptible to the bugs this latest version claims to have fixed (never noticed them myself yet, but I'm not exactly playing every day or anything)

I'm seeing the same thing...

11 hours ago, dlrk said:

I see on Github that the Deadly Reentry conflict was fixed. Is there a way to download this fix, or could a hotfix be released?

Thanks

The best thing I can provide is my dev snapshot. I should work but I won't give 100% guarantee. v1.2.11 release will be released on weekend.

In the VAB I can't seem to put parachutes in KIS containers anymore. Started out with radials and then tried in line ones, neither work. Using the usual drag and drop method from part list to KIS container inventory, nowt happens. No warning or error is displayed.

Its beena long while (and probably several KIS versions) since I last tried, did something change?

20 minutes ago, Bishop149 said:

In the VAB I can't seem to put parachutes in KIS containers anymore. Started out with radials and then tried in line ones, neither work. Using the usual drag and drop method from part list to KIS container inventory, nowt happens. No warning or error is displayed.

Its beena long while (and probably several KIS versions) since I last tried, did something change?

This could be due to some other mod. TweakScale for example can cause such issues.

37 minutes ago, Varsi said:

This could be due to some other mod. TweakScale for example can cause such issues.

Ah ok, I do have  tweakscale, but then I've always had it so the issue is new. Would the logs help me pin it down?

Edited by Bishop149

2 minutes ago, Bishop149 said:

Ah ok, I do have  tweakscale, but then I've always had it so the issue is new. Would the logs help me pin it down?

At least the easiest way to check what mod is causing it (if any, could be something else too I guess) is to make a copy of your KSP folder and start removing mods one by one to find out what is causing it.

Someone wiser might know more about this and if it can be fixed with MM patch or something.

Hi All. This may be a known bug, but I couldn't seem to find anything regarding it. Upon loading a save of a Duna base, all struts, pipes and ground pylons suddenly break and flip up into the air. Is this expected behavior due to the nature of the KSP saves, or is there something I can do about it?

http://imgur.com/luZxhaZ

Edit: I'm not actually sure if this falls under KIS or KAS. Let me know if its the latter and I'll move it.

Edited by AlexGodbehere

2 hours ago, AlexGodbehere said:

Hi All. This may be a known bug, but I couldn't seem to find anything regarding it. Upon loading a save of a Duna base, all struts, pipes and ground pylons suddenly break and flip up into the air. Is this expected behavior due to the nature of the KSP saves, or is there something I can do about it?

Edit: I'm not actually sure if this falls under KIS or KAS. Let me know if its the latter and I'll move it.

Welcome to KSP.  You have summoned the Kraken.  This is not a mod bug, it is the nature of the game.  It always has been.  KIS may accentuate the issue by allowing for larger bases, but it can happen anytime.  Basically if any part of a base sinks into the ground when physics loads it can get ejected out with some serious force.

6 hours ago, Bishop149 said:

I dont think its Tweakscale. I also had a similar issue where I couldnt put anything into KIS containers or any containers, for that matter. I.e.: I could not use the KIS functionality to store or carry anything. I've actually reverted back to KIS 1.2.9 (I believe is the second latest version) and ALL is working great! I can store and carry stuff, perform EVAs, not Kerbal multiplication bug... 

CM

Might be already like this, I didn't actualy looked into config files for parts, but can ground pylons (models on surface) be created like physicless parts ?

Meaning, not totaly physicless, but same model type that is used for buildings around KSC or models used for Kerbin Side mod ? Buildings can still be destrtucted if enough force is applied for them, but they never apply to game engine physics in the same way as ordinary craft parts.

That might help to keep Kraken calm if you design base carfefully and strength out all crafts with ground pilons and struts.

Its these kinds of missions and abilities that make KIS/KAS so much fun for me! Really adds a good deal of depth and authenticity to the game! 

Had large and expensive piece of space junk aimlessly floating around. Why? Solar panel bug caused the solar panels to not want to deploy. Satellite was stricken with only 30% power generation being available to it. Thought about scrapping it, but then decided it would be more fun to mount a rescue mission for it. In a nutshell, bring the satellite down to a lower orbit (from 450 to 300km) on its internal fuel reserves, R-V with it using the Shuttle which would carry with it the new Nuclear power unit which would be used to subsequently power it. Then, refuel the satellite's tanks with fuel from the Shuttle and voilà! 

Hope you like it! And thanks again to the mod makers!

CM

2 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

I dont think its Tweakscale. I also had a similar issue where I couldnt put anything into KIS containers or any containers, for that matter. I.e.: I could not use the KIS functionality to store or carry anything. I've actually reverted back to KIS 1.2.9 (I believe is the second latest version) and ALL is working great! I can store and carry stuff, perform EVAs, not Kerbal multiplication bug... 

CM

Yeah its not Tweakscale, deleted and issue remains.

I didn't get very far deleting other mods, I tried to delete Interstellar next (the last mod that I updated) and it screwed my game so badly nothing really worked anymore, couldn't even open the VAB.

I'll try and older version of KIS, see how that goes.

10 minutes ago, Bishop149 said:

Yeah its not Tweakscale, deleted and issue remains.

I didn't get very far deleting other mods, I tried to delete Interstellar next (the last mod that I updated) and it screwed my game so badly nothing really worked anymore, couldn't even open the VAB.

I'll try and older version of KIS, see how that goes.

Could you please check the debug logs (Alt+F12)? Do you use DeadlyReenter mod? Please, provide a video or screenshots to see what you do and what happens.

8 hours ago, AlexGodbehere said:

Old save files (from 1.0.5) will always trigger this behavior and nothing can be done here. It happens due to game physics change. In saves made in 1.1 the issue happens on long bases where "length" is a distance between two most distant points of the base. A workaround is not attaching all the pylons to the ground. Attach only one pylon and build the base around it. It still can break but the probability will be significantly less. Until flexible pipe solution is implemented there is no better way to avoid the problem.

Edited by IgorZ

16 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

Could you please check the debug logs (Alt+F12)? Do you use DeadlyReenter mod? Please, provide a video or screenshots to see what you do and what happens.

No deadly reentry.

Ok I had a look at the logs, when I attempt to move the parachutes its throws an error, specifically

[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object 

Its not just parachutes either, I tried a spark engine as a part I though would work. . . . it didn't either.

Is there somewhere that previous versions are archived? I can't seem to find them on the GitHub pages.

Screenshot in the spoiler

Spoiler

cVBz6gd.png

Edited by Bishop149

16 hours ago, IgorZ said:

The best thing I can provide is my dev snapshot. I should work but I won't give 100% guarantee. v1.2.11 release will be released on weekend.

I am using this snapshot. Fixed the NRE's wihle putting in solar panels into a KIS container.

However, I still get NRE's when putting probes into KIS containers. Should stock OCTOs  / VEN's Stock Revamp Octos should be puttable into a KIS container?

4 hours ago, Bishop149 said:

No deadly reentry.

Ok I had a look at the logs, when I attempt to move the parachutes its throws an error, specifically

[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object 

Its not just parachutes either, I tried a spark engine as a part I though would work. . . . it didn't either.

Is there somewhere that previous versions are archived? I can't seem to find them on the GitHub pages.

Screenshot in the spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

cVBz6gd.png

It's definitely a mod compatibility issue. Do you use DRE (Deadly reenter) mod? If not, please, try to figure out which mod makes the troubles. Most probable offender is a mod that affects stock parts behavior (e.g. DRE).

1 hour ago, Rob2222 said:

I am using this snapshot. Fixed the NRE's wihle putting in solar panels into a KIS container.

However, I still get NRE's when putting probes into KIS containers. Should stock OCTOs  / VEN's Stock Revamp Octos should be puttable into a KIS container?

Does this issue solve if you remove DRE? Do you have these issues with the 1.2.10 binary? And just to clarify: have you deleted old binary before placing the patched one?

1 hour ago, IgorZ said:

It's definitely a mod compatibility issue. Do you use DRE (Deadly reenter) mod? If not, please, try to figure out which mod makes the troubles. Most probable offender is a mod that affects stock parts behavior (e.g. DRE).

Does this issue solve if you remove DRE? Do you have these issues with the 1.2.10 binary? And just to clarify: have you deleted old binary before placing the patched one?

Hello Igor,
I have a highly modded install. 140 Mods. I had NREs placing solar panels into KIS containers. I debugged it, cause I wanted to report the incompatible mod... for me it was definately KSP Interstellar. As soon as I removed Interstellar I was able to put the solar panels into the containers. I readded Interstellar, NREs again. As I wanted to report the find in github, I saw the issue was found. I waited for the fix.

Now I downloaded the dev-dll have renamed it to KIS.dll and have directly overwritten kis.dll in kis/plugins. The DEV dll must be active, cause I can now put solar panels in KIS containers without NRE. :)
However, I still can not put octo and other probe cores into it. I never used deadly reentry. However, tbw, I don't really want to start debugging again... mhh.. maybe I give it a try...

BR Rob

Edit: Heres the log:
Still testing, which mod causes it.

Spoiler

[LOG 02:33:02.875] Start pickup in mode Move from part: probeCoreHex (Part)
[WRN 02:33:03.387] WORKAROUND. Found null field controlSrcStatusText in module prefab ModuleCommand, fixing to default value of type System.String:
[EXC 02:33:03.390] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    BaseFieldList.GetEnumerator ()
    KIS.KIS_Shared.CleanupFieldsInModule (.PartModule module)
    KIS.KIS_Shared.CleanupModuleFieldsInPart (.Part part)
    KIS.KIS_Shared.PartSnapshot (.Part part)
    KIS.KIS_Item..ctor (.Part part, KIS.ModuleKISInventory inventory, Single quantity)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.AddItem (.Part part, Single qty, Int32 slot)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.GuiInventory (Int32 windowID)
    KIS.ModuleKISInventory.GuiMain (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

Edited by Rob2222

@IgorZ

Found it. The mod that is causing that I cannot put probe cores into KIS containers is "Stock Bugfix Modules & Stockplus".
As soon as I have it installed I get NREs while trying to pack probes. All other mod's uninstalled for this test. Only KIS and Stock Bugfix left.
Hope you can reproduce it. Log in the last post as spoiler.
BR Rob

EDIT: In detail it's the PilotRSASFix.dll module that causes this.

Edited by Rob2222

Just another two pennies on recent bugs -- uninstalled stock bug fix and I couldn't put ordinary items into storage. Reinstalled it and uninstalled Deadly Reentry and now I can put most things into storage, but not command pods (well, I only tried with some DERP stuff). I can supply logs if other people's haven't been sufficient.

1 hour ago, IgorZ said:

Ok I got it! The culprit is "Stock bug Fix Modules & Stockplus"

Problem is present when all Stockplus options are disabled.

Funnily enough I also have KSP Interstellar extended and can confirm @Rob2222 's point above, same issue with solar panels relating to KSP-IE, independent of the Stockbug fix parachute issue! Worth noting that KSP-IE comes bundled with tweakscale, I haven't dissected this out.

How is best to proceed, should I shift this over into the threads for the respective mods?

@Rob2222 @Bishop149

Thanks, guys. It's clear now that "Stock bug Fix Modules & Stockplus" is the problem. I'll check it. It's unlikely the problem can be fixed by the mod's author. Sometimes new modules added via ModuleManager are not in the right state for the KIS to use. I don't have enough evidences to blame anyone so, just trying to workaround it on KIS side (you'll be surprised to know how many workarounds and hack were implemented till now).

38 minutes ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

Just another two pennies on recent bugs -- uninstalled stock bug fix and I couldn't put ordinary items into storage. Reinstalled it and uninstalled Deadly Reentry and now I can put most things into storage, but not command pods (well, I only tried with some DERP stuff). I can supply logs if other people's haven't been sufficient.

If you use 1.2.10 version then what you describe perfectly fits what we've discovered above.

Stay turned. I'll post another patch today night (PST). And I think extra logging needs to be added to simplify troubleshooting. Will figure it out.

@Rob2222 @Bishop149 @cyberpunkdreams @StevieC

Guys, please try this patch.

• Detection of the uninitialized modules is now dirty but much more reliable. It should catch all the possible cases.
  • Logging is improved. The module that fails to cooperate with KIS will now be logged.
  • If bad module cannot be fixed it's removed from the part with an error message thrown into logs. Please, check the logs even if you think everything is working fine. There must be no errors from KIS. There will be warnings but if they start from word "WORKAROUND" then you're OK.

On my test setup it works fine. At least in the editor and on the launch pad.

Edited by IgorZ