[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

5 hours ago, Sol Invictus said:

It is 1.1.3.

Both of you are right. Only that one of you looks at forum topic header and other look at CurseForge :)

Edited by kcs123

Was using KIS and KAS in a modded install of 1.1.3 with USI + Nearfuture mods and whenever I EVA and try to board the kerbal get stuck in boarding (possibly similar to the cloning issue, and other I've seen posted here a while ago but not recently) but I can't switch to him to try to solve it.

Removed KIS and it fixed the issue. Might be an inter-mod compatibility issue, or simply a weird bug, but I really like the flexibility of KIS and would like to keep using it.

Edited by Zamite

9 hours ago, Zamite said:

Removed KIS and it fixed the issue. Might be an inter-mod compatibility issue, or simply a weird bug, but I really like the flexibility of KIS and would like to keep using it.

Check for this list. Kerbal replication/stuck issue is always a mods compatibility issue. The only question is which module is conflicting.

5 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Check for this list. Kerbal replication/stuck issue is always a mods compatibility issue. The only question is which module is conflicting.

Thanks. I have none of those mods.

I have all of Near Future Technology, KER, KAS, [x] Science, KerbalAlarmClock, AlternateResourcePanel, USI (UKS, LS, Kolonization, Kontainers, Konstruction, FX, FTT, ExpPack, Karibou, ReactorPack).

So a lot of possibilities there, have to do some tests.

I might do some tests later this week to see which one of them is acting up, and then I'll post here and on the other mod.

PS: So If I have this right, its probably some mod throwing an exception on boarding, right?

Edited by Zamite

6 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Ok, did some tests and it turns out to be a STOCK bug, not KIS.  Ran 1.1.3 with just KIS and KAS. The bug happens when you have an Airstream Protective Shell.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a vehicle composed of a Command pod (I tried both the Mk1 and Mk1-2) and an Airstream protective Shell (tried the 1.25 and 2.5 respectively).

2. Launch vehicle.

3. Deploy fairing.

4. EVA and Board.

Happens every single time on a clean install and new sandbox save.

KSP v1.1.3.1289 (x64)

Removed KIS and KAS and IT STILL HAPPENED.

Also found a workaround. If you go to Space center and come back to ship after deploying the fairing the bug will not happen anymore.

I will report this to squad. Thanks for your attention but I was wrong to pin this on KIS. Sorry (the reloading of the ship made me thing it was KIS because it worked after I removed the mod but it was just the workaround working)

Guess I can use KIS again, YAY! :D

Edited by Zamite

Having issues with Tweakscaled parts retaining their original volumes. This used to not be the case and hampers some construction techniques, such as building small communication arrays for smaller bases, resizing solar panels for adding on after landing on site.

3 hours ago, Sol Invictus said:

I can't believe that KIS is incompatible with FAR and Deadly Reentry. Those are two most important mods for me, aside from Kerbal Engineer. I guess it means au revoir for KIS.

I think both, DRE and FAR have fixed this, but I'm not 100% sure, did't pay too much attention of it, but I recall some blur mention of it in some of those threads.
Be carefull, might be misleading info for KSP 1.1.3., I didn't have a chance to test latest more extensivly.

7 hours ago, Sol Invictus said:

I can't believe that KIS is incompatible with FAR and Deadly Reentry. Those are two most important mods for me, aside from Kerbal Engineer. I guess it means au revoir for KIS.

Issue with DR is not permanent. It only happens right after the new KIS version and before new version of DR. It happens due to this game's bug. When Squad team fix it the KIS/DR problem will go away.

As for FAR there is a tracking bug which waits for its resolution. There is a workaround for it.

4 hours ago, sharpspoonful said:

Having issues with Tweakscaled parts retaining their original volumes. This used to not be the case and hampers some construction techniques, such as building small communication arrays for smaller bases, resizing solar panels for adding on after landing on site.

KIS is using prefab models to figure out part's volume and mass. I'd suggest TweakScale does adjustment after the part is actually created. I've created a tracking bug.

On 6/29/2016 at 3:23 PM, brusura said:

@IgorZ could you make also other keys configurable in the .cfg ? For example B and N used to place part at specific height

Added a FR.

On 6/29/2016 at 3:50 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Any chance SEP could get added to the list of mods that use KIS? :wink:

No problem. I'll add it when start new topic for KIS (it will happen on the next version). If I forget, please, do not hesitate to remind me.

I have a problem with KIS which I don't think can be intended functioning. I put items into the seats 0 and 1 of an Mk2 Cockpit. The plane was not crewed because it has an Mk2 Drone Core. The plane was flown to Mun orbit where it docked with another craft containing an engineer. I transferred the engineer to the Mk2 Cockpit and had the engineer EVA. The engineer's inventory is empty. When I access the inventory with the engineer inside the cockpit, the inventory is also empty.

Does the cockpit only contain items if there is a crew at takeoff/launch?

11 minutes ago, THX1138 said:

I have a problem with KIS which I don't think can be intended functioning. I put items into the seats 0 and 1 of an Mk2 Cockpit. The plane was not crewed because it has an Mk2 Drone Core. The plane was flown to Mun orbit where it docked with another craft containing an engineer. I transferred the engineer to the Mk2 Cockpit and had the engineer EVA. The engineer's inventory is empty. When I access the inventory with the engineer inside the cockpit, the inventory is also empty.

Does the cockpit only contain items if there is a crew at takeoff/launch?

Seat inventories in the editor are NOT inventory containers. They were not designed for that, and you should never use them this way. If you need sending items to the orbit on a board of uncrewed vessel you should use one of the KIS inventory parts, or use SEP "safes".

And this bug report is one of 12 other reports which made me think the current approach is confusing and error prone (not to mention how many technical troubles it caused). In KIS v1.3 there will be no seat inventories in the editor (a spoiler!). Don't get alerted too soon, there will be small stock containers and some other tweaks to compensate the "loss" :)

Edited by IgorZ

5 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Seat inventories in the editor are NOT inventory containers. They were not designed for that, and you should never use them this way. If you need sending items to the orbit on a board of uncrewed vessel you should use one of the KIS inventory parts, or use SEP "safes".

And this bug report is one of 12 other reports which made me think the current approach is confusing and error prone (not to mention how many technical troubles it caused). In KIS v1.3 there will be no seat inventories in the editor (a spoiler!). Don't get alerted too soon, there will be small stock containers and some other tweaks to compensate the "loss" :)

Why not just give a small storage space to each manned pod, then in flight let us open both the kerbal's inventory and the pods storage, and transfer items over without going EVA.  For storing hand tools and whatnot.  

15 hours ago, eberkain said:

Why not just give a small storage space to each manned pod, then in flight let us open both the kerbal's inventory and the pods storage, and transfer items over without going EVA.  For storing hand tools and whatnot.  

Every pod has a complete and solid design. In real world you cannot just add a small inventory in such a thing. This game is not real world but in general case it's a poor excuse for breaking rules.

We can reasonable imagine a kerbal who has an advanced suite with "pockets" (300L volume is a little too much but acceptable). As long as such kerbal can fit the pod's seat it's ok to assume no design changes are required to the pod. What you suggest is a design change to every stock pod. I'd prefer not to affect the game that significantly. Those who really likes this approach can create own MM patches and have pod inventory of any volume. Though, better way would be providing a specialized inventory part that can be added to the craft. It will increase the mass, change vessel balance, and require more fuel to fly. And this is why we like this game - it pretends to handle physics :)

So I seem to have found this bug (feature?) where KIS/KAS only lets me reattach a part on my ship with the parts previous attachment scheme. For example, if the part was attached to the ship as a surface attachment initially, I can only reattach it to the ship via surface attachment even though the part physically has attachment nodes. Likewise, if a part is only attached by the top node or the bottom node, the part can only be reattached by that node.

This is particularly a problem with the Girder Segments, as I wish to be able to use surface attachment and both the bottom and top nodes for attachment purposes. Is this mod working as intended, and if so, how might I be able to circumvent this issue? Of course, this is with the latest available version from CKAN and KSP 1.1.3. Also, please let me know if you need further clarification, and I could send a video of what I am talking about.