[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

42 minutes ago, Garsgrim said:

Not sure if this has been posted before but when I try to open an inventory outside the VAB nothing happens. Doesn't work with any type of container or Kerbals, and a message pops up about missing container open and close sounds.

Thanks!

Picture of your gamedata folder?  Missing files are often an install issue

Your GameData folder is all sorts of messed up. 

You have a GameData nested in GameData.

the Ships folder doesn't belong in GameData. 

You do not need the source folders or the license folder. 

It should look like 

..../Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KIS

Also, delete all but the newest module manager. 

Edited by ExplorerKlatt

16 minutes ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

Your GameData folder is all sorts of messed up. 

You have a GameData nested in GameData.

the Ships folder doesn't belong in GameData. 

You do not need the source folders or the license folder. 

It should look like 

..../Kerbal Space Program/GameData/KIS

Also, delete all but the newest module manager. 

http://prnt.sc/c7iv5q fixed? like i said ive no clue what im doing with ksp's modding system. Thanks for the help but i'm not sure if this will fix the missing sounds and whatnot.

should i reinstall to try it?

EDIT: Nevermind, it seems to work now. Thanks for the help!

Edited by Garsgrim

@Garsgrim welcome to the forums!

2 hours ago, Garsgrim said:

That looks a whole lot better.

As an aside, I tend to make a separate folder for (and rename) readmes, licenses, change logs, etc.. They won't do any in your GameData folder, but it helps reduce clutter and makes troubleshooting problems easier.

Again, it isn't wrong to keep them in GameData, but it may be harder to find which one you are looking for when you have several files just called "readme". Alternatively, you don't have to keep readmes, licenses, and change logs at all if you don't want to.

2 hours ago, Garsgrim said:

like i said ive no clue what im doing with ksp's modding system.

You'll pick it up in no time. Install mistakes are easy to fix, and once you've learned to do it properly, you'll never have a problem with it again. Lots of mods are very picky about the exact install path they need, and it's even more important when you have one mod that is dependent on another.

On 2016. 08. 17. at 6:00 AM, IgorZ said:

You're using old KIS version which is incompatible with KSP 1.1.3:

Interesting. I should've seen that coming.

I've removed then installed the mod again, same problem occurred; checked the 'KIS.version' and it's the same also.

Then grabbed & installed the mod manually, it works like a charm now. It seems I do not have a KIS problem, but a CKAN problem.

Thank you for the help!

Just this weekend I noticed that I can't right click and destroy parts anymore. Is this a change to the Mod or am I experiencing a bug?

I've made sure I have an electric screwdriver equipped. I can't think of anything else I've changed that my cause the destroy part option to go away.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, tjt said:

Just this weekend I noticed that I can't right click and destroy parts anymore. Is this a change to the Mod or am I experiencing a bug?

I've made sure I have an electric screwdriver equipped. I can't think of anything else I've changed that my cause the destroy part option to go away.

Thanks!

That hasn't ever been a function of KIS. That is what the bomb is for. Might you be thinking of MKS?

9 hours ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

That hasn't ever been a function of KIS. That is what the bomb is for. Might you be thinking of MKS?

hmmm..it's not KAS either? I've never had MKS, but I was using LITE. I'll check on that. Thanks!

On 28.7.2016 at 1:50 AM, eonmoon said:

as to issues, i have one that when i open a container it closes the container instantly. it takes a few tries to open one. and dont think items have stored inside

I have the same problem. The Container close instantly. It is very tricky to put a thing in a container. But the items then will saved and can be used.

Hello,

Here is sum fun I've got with KIS.

After assembling my Kerbin Space Station mk1 in orbit and added an MPL stranded from a kerbal rescue contract with KIS. http://imgur.com/a/ddbjV

Lt5ivUq.png

I wished to upgrade this station from some experiments in supplies production, maintenance and to be a small refuel station. http://imgur.com/a/yVhLn

Hv9isJu.png

0k5MqUC.png

I got only one Kraken attack due to heavy intersection between a kerbal and a KIS assembled part. The kerbal got ejected and half of the station vanished.

I got some small bugs with SAS and RCS activations probably due to heavy vessel/kerbal changing.

See you and thanks again for this must-have mod.

Vive_moi

I would like to make a small request, could you possibly add the option to stage\action group the K4 Standard Explosives, this would be very useful for destroying separated stages. I'm thinking a right click menu in the VAB to set delay and an option to add and remove from staging like some parts have. I would do it myself but I have no idea how to add staging and action groups to parts. Love this mod, great work.

Hello,

The only thing I saw a kerbal carry is the science crate from the Roverdude's PackRat.

In space, you can try to attach the chute somewhere between the container and the destination, then move your kerbal and repeat the previous step a little farther.

In space too, you can also try some kind of cheaty way I used some time to gain time. Place your kerbal in container range and open it. Then aim your kerbal toward the destination and give it some speed right way. Then, grab the chute in the container before the kerbal is out of range and wait the time he will be in range of destination. But it need some practice, because when you have a part grabbed, you cannot correct the movement. It also work when you grab a heavy part whit multiple kerbal. (The grab range and weight is, I guess, only tested at the grabbing moment, not later i.e. at attaching moment (at this moment the attaching range is tested). This is why I think it is some kind of cheaty way.)

Landed, you can also let the chute fall on the ground between the container and the destination, move and repeat.

See you,

Vive_moi

Edited by Vive_moi

On 8/29/2016 at 11:17 AM, jfigueredo said:

I would like to make a small request, could you possibly add the option to stage\action group the K4 Standard Explosives, this would be very useful for destroying separated stages. I'm thinking a right click menu in the VAB to set delay and an option to add and remove from staging like some parts have. I would do it myself but I have no idea how to add staging and action groups to parts. Love this mod, great work.

This sounds like a good idea in general but it doesn't seem to be related to KIS mod. EVA items in KIS are supposed to be used in EVA by the kerbal, and what you describe is a regular part that is designed to be mounted in VAB and used at take-off from the launch pad. Some rather extensive coding work is needed to have it done.

7 hours ago, Benji13 said:

Is there a way to carry any part on your back? I'm trying to carry a parachute but it's too large for inventory. Thanks. 

Part must be specifically designed to be carriable. That said, no, you cannot carry any random part on kerbal's back.

So I doubt it is a feature, but is there any way to have inventories automatically equipped? For instance equipping a wrench and power tool for every inventory slot in command pods? I often forget to do this and then am in need of an engineer to do something with parts but they cant because they dont have the tool. Alternatively, is there a way to edit the parts in in the game files? Thanks

1 hour ago, TonyMacaroni said:

So I doubt it is a feature, but is there any way to have inventories automatically equipped? For instance equipping a wrench and power tool for every inventory slot in command pods? I often forget to do this and then am in need of an engineer to do something with parts but they cant because they dont have the tool. Alternatively, is there a way to edit the parts in in the game files? Thanks

There is no feature to automatically equip stuff from the kerbal's inventory. And it's unlikely the one will be implemented anytime soon (due to different reasons). Though, if your problem is forgetting sending tools on orbit then you need a different feature: default EVA items. Find file "settings.cfg" in KIS folder, and look for section "PodInventory" inside the file. The comments should be clear enough to explain how to add default items. Once you did it every new inventory created in the editor will have the tools added by default.

I got annoyed by not being able to store science data while roving around (my rovers use the external command seat), so I added a science container to the KIS containers.

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleScienceContainer
        reviewActionName = Review Stored Data
        storeActionName = Store Experiments
        evaOnlyStorage = True
        storageRange = 1.3
    }

Works like a charm. Love this mod, btw. My rovers pack in to the containers for easy delivery to other worlds.

Would there be a programmatic way to call an inventory item on a Kerbal from another module code? ( I know enough to be dangerous but not proficient in CSharp)

I see that inventory can be called up via a shortcut by a button press

items[slot].Use(KIS_Item.UseFrom.InventoryShortcut);

I basically want to call this in my part module to load the item in the first slot items[0] 

2 hours ago, gomker said:

Would there be a programmatic way to call an inventory item on a Kerbal from another module code? ( I know enough to be dangerous but not proficient in CSharp)

Try looking at this issue. And keep in mind that by adding a code dependency to KIS you become affected by this game's issue (Squad team said they'll fix it in some next version but it's unknown when exactly such version will be released).

On 9/6/2016 at 10:08 PM, IgorZ said:

Try looking at this issue. And keep in mind that by adding a code dependency to KIS you become affected by this game's issue (Squad team said they'll fix it in some next version but it's unknown when exactly such version will be released).

Thanks very much, worked perfectly. I will have to keep on top of KIS updates I suppose and recompile as needed until I figure out my own way to spawn the item.

public void GetKISInventory()
        {
            if (FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.isEVA)
            {
                var kis = FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.rootPart.FindModuleImplementing<ModuleKISInventory>();
                //kis.items[0].Use(KIS_Item.UseFrom.InventoryShortcut);
                kis.items[0].Equip();
                ChuteAdded = true;
            }

}

2 hours ago, Владислав said:

Я расчитал объём цилиндра и окозалось что объём не 18000 литров, а 70000 литров. А у среднего контейнера объём не 6000 литров, а 45 000. Будьте точными сделайте у большого хотя бы 50000 литров.^_^

I calculated the volume of the cylinder and that the volume is not okozalos 18,000 liters and 70,000 liters. And the average container volume is not 6000 liters, and 45 000. Be precise make a large least 50,000 liters.

Please make your posts in English outside the international area of the forum, thank you.

Пожалуйста, сделайте свои сообщения на английском языке за пределами области международного форума, спасибо.