[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

30 minutes ago, Loren Pechtel said:

What I'm saying is that if you have one of those pipes in your hand it's impossible to connect it to a vessel.  You have to put them on in the VAB and then a Kerbal can run the hose from one to another.

Sounds like you need to read the manual. It's included in game, the PDF can be found in your KIS install, and there should be a link in the OP

47 minutes ago, Merkov said:

That's not true. Not only is it possible to connect them to vessels, that's what they are designed to do. Does your kerbal on EVA have a tool (wrench or electric screwdriver) equipped? As long as you are carrying the KIS pipe port and have a tool equipped, you should be able to attach it to any part that allows surface attaching no problem. 

I don't remember for sure (since I do all my EVA work with Engineers) but I seem to recall that the electric screwdriver can only be used by Engineers, but the wrench can be used by anyone. I'm pretty sure that for a simple KIS pipe port either tool will do. 

I have been able to attach other parts, just not that one.

On 9/27/2016 at 2:57 PM, micha said:

So I updated to KSP 1.2.0.1540, made a few more fixes, and it seems to be working now. No detailed testing, but I can attach and detach batteries and the KEES PC (the bit I'm actually interested in right now).

https://github.com/KospY/KIS/pull/173

If anybody else wants to test this, remember that you will also need to recompile the KSPDev plugin before compiling KIS.

where can one download this test build of KIS/KAS for KSP 1.2Pre?

11 hours ago, Loren Pechtel said:

I have been able to attach other parts, just not that one.

I attach/detach the pipe connector part all the time.  You need an Engineer who has an equipped wrench or screwdriver.  Tell us what happens when you try, and include a screenshot if you can (press F1 to create a screenshot in the Kerbal Space Program\Screenshots directory)

14 hours ago, StevieC said:

where can one download this test build of KIS/KAS for KSP 1.2Pre?

You can't. You have to compile it yourself until the authors make a release. 

• 2 weeks later...
On August 29, 2016 at 0:17 PM, jfigueredo said:

I would like to make a small request, could you possibly add the option to stage\action group the K4 Standard Explosives, this would be very useful for destroying separated stages. I'm thinking a right click menu in the VAB to set delay and an option to add and remove from staging like some parts have. I would do it myself but I have no idea how to add staging and action groups to parts. Love this mod, great work.

Thanks Igor for all your hard work!

I was building a warehouse gantry crane last night thinking. "KSP just wouldn't be the same without KAS / KIS"

34 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Thanks Igor for all your hard work!

I was building a warehouse gantry crane last night thinking. "KSP just wouldn't be the same without KAS / KIS"

I honestly dont understand how, at this point, after all this time, KIS/KAS arent stock in the game. 

2 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

I honestly dont understand how, at this point, after all this time, KIS/KAS arent stock in the game. 

Being a software engineer myself I perfectly understand why this mod is not a part of the game (and it never will). In nutshell, it's too complex to re-implement it from scratch in the game. And using third-party code in a proprietary software (the game) is always a huge problem. Not to mention, the game designers may not agree with all the KIS/KAS approaches. And, to be honest, they will have the point.

5 minutes ago, Space Cowboy Bob said:

Has something changed with KIS/KAS in order to equip an engineer with the wrench or screwdriver? I can't access "inventory" for kerbals so can't figure out how to equip my kerbals.

Have you updated to KSP 1.2 and KIS 1.3.0?