[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

yeah but thats a strut from KAS, it should stack right? also the lights, batteries, clearly stack in other photos ive seen but not my game. it's not a huge deal but having every slot filled with struts instead of just one is annoying.

yeah but thats a strut from KAS, it should stack right? also the lights, batteries, clearly stack in other photos ive seen but not my game. it's not a huge deal but having every slot filled with struts instead of just one is annoying.

Dunno, haven't used struts yet, but the new KAS pipes do not stack for me. Although from looking at the config files the KAS parts "should" be stackable. hmm

Do you have tweakscale installed?

I just updated KIS to 1.1.5 and all of a sudden my loading screen is halting at KAS/parts/cPort1/part/KAS_Cport1. Anyone else having this issue? Thoughts? The only other thing I updated since last playing is Mk2 Stock-a-like expansion, and I don't think there's a conflict there.

UPDATE: From my output.txt

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KAS/Parts/cPort1/part/KAS_CPort1'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KIS, Version=1.1.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
Part:AddModule(String)
Part:AddModule(ConfigNode)
PartLoader:ParsePart(UrlConfig, ConfigNode)
:MoveNext()

(Filename: Line: -1)

Error looking up signature for method KASModulePort.OnKISAction

(Filename: Line: 243)

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KIS, Version=1.1.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethodInfo:get_method_info (intptr,System.Reflection.MonoMethodInfo&)

at System.Reflection.MonoMethodInfo.GetMethodInfo (IntPtr handle) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.GetPseudoCustomAttributes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetPseudoCustomAttributes (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributesBase (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributes (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType, Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.GetCustomAttributes (System.Type attributeType, Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BaseEventList.ReflectActions (System.Object part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at BaseEventList..ctor (.Part part, .PartModule module) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartModule.ModularSetup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartModule.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p, System.String nodeName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DragCubeSystem.LoadDragCubes (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edited by Kalloran

Hello Guys,

I've been having problems with KIS mod, specially the sound effects. I installed the mod and all the parts are there, can be selected and installed on the aircrafts, but when i click to open the inventory i get a error saying that the sound effect of "Container Close" cannot be found, then the window of the inventory closes.

Strangely the file of this sound effect is in the folder and even replacing it did not worked. I don't know if that changes anything, but i am playing on IoS. The same happens with other parts of the mod. Also, i can't open the personal inventory. Am i doing something wrong?

Can somebody give me a light? ;.;

Ps.: Sorry for the bad english, not my main language.

Only items that allow stacking will stack. IIRC the default is no.

Hmm that's adaptable with module manager, right? Default yes for anything that doesn't store a resource would be a good idea I think.

Guys, with allista's Hangar mod being dead at the moment, how does the planned KIS feature "Storing Vessels" move along ? :P

He stated in his thread that he would be OK with sharing his code with you if you can make it run in KSP 1.0 ;)

Source of statement:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/88933-0-90-0-Hangar-v2-3-1?p=1935215&viewfull=1#post1935215

When trying to add the EAS-1 External Command Seat to the SC-62 Container. The mouse pointer disappears and no EAS-1 icon appears. The item does seem to go to in the container as the storage weight changes, but no icon in the container shows up.

Apologies if this has been brought up, but I believe a bug has been found. It seems there is something amiss when dealing with a Command pod that also has KIS storage. When you have a craft with 2 command modules (say after docking) and use the KSP gui to transfer a kerbal from one command pod to another, the kerbals personal inventory wipes out the command pod's main inventory.

Here is what I did to reproduce the issue.

1. Took a stock KSP installation. Added KIS and KAS.

2. Made a new part cfg based off the Mk1 lander can, and added 1000 KIS storage to it using ModuleKISInventory.

3. Made a basic setup with essentially the Lander can, probe core wheels and a KAS pipe end. I put various items into the kis inventory only. I drove one unmanned off the launchpad. I made a second craft with the same setup, except this time i put some different items in inventory just so I could tell teh difference. I also added Bill to this one.

4. I drove the second craft over to the first. EVA'd bill, grabbed a drill out of the lander can and equipped on bill. Connected the 2 crafts via the KAS pip. Got bill back into the command pod he had been in originally.

5. I then checked the inventory of both command pods to verify they had not changed. All looked good.

6. I then transferred bill to the other command module using the transfer button.

7. I then checked the KIS inventory again. This time the inventory of the command pod I had transferred bill to, only had bills Drill. All of the other items previously in inventory was gone.

Since I really, really like this mod, and would love for more parts to be stackable, I wrote the following module manager file to make most stuff stackable.

Basically if it doesn't have any resources and isn't already a KIS item, it becomes stackable.

// Module Manager Config to make all parts, that do not contain a resource,
// stackable in Kerbal Inventory System.
// stackable = true -> speaks for itself
// editorItemsCategory = false -> makes sure it doesn't end up in the EVA
// category in the VAB/SPH.

@PART[*]:HAS[!RESOURCE[*],!MODULE[ModuleKISItem]]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleKISItem
stackable = true
editorItemsCategory = false
}
}

I have tested it and haven't found any weirdness so far.

Just put it in a myKIS.cfg file in your GameData directory.

The reason that I didn't include items with a resource, as far as I know, KIS preserves the amount, I expect weirdness or free resources if stacking is allowed for those.

So I just updated KIS and now my load screen hangs up at this...

o736EQ2

The words still change "Adding more boosters; biding time; Adding K to every word; etc", but the load bar is stuck and ModuleManager is still sitting at 1140 patches loaded. Anyone else having this problem and any ideas at all?

Only items that allow stacking will stack. IIRC the default is no.

I think the default is yes, unless some unsupported module is present in the part. In the settings file there is a list which modules are safe for stacking. Some modules do not allow stacking because they contain state information (like ScienceContainer or TweakScale) and KIS needs to keep separate copies for multiple instances of the same part. In this case it refuses to stack the part.

I think the default is yes, unless some unsupported module is present in the part. In the settings file there is a list which modules are safe for stacking. Some modules do not allow stacking because they contain state information (like ScienceContainer or TweakScale) and KIS needs to keep separate copies for multiple instances of the same part. In this case it refuses to stack the part.

Yea I found removing tweakscale fixed the stacking.

Yes I do...i just installed it recently though and i had this problem before.

In that case you might like the MM file on the previous page. As is, it doesn't make batteries etc. stackable.

If you remove the "!RESOURCE[*],", it will basically make all non KIS items stackable. (including fuel tanks etc.)

I'm loving this mod and KAS to go with it!

One feature request (it may be more appropriate for this to be added to KAS) when a kerbal is in EVA make it so they act like a grapple or something where a kerbal can at least grab onto a part so that they can use their personal jet pack to recover loose parts and be able to drag things around so they can take it to hook it up to another part far away from the original source. It would complete this mod in my opinion with that feature. Being able to grab onto parts and move them around in space and on the ground would be awesome. Also it would allow you to hook on multiple kerbals to help "lift" heavier parts on the ground. It would also be neat if multiple kerbals were "grappled" on the same object that in space it would combine their EVA jets to moving parts around easier in space (they'd work together). Probably a bit steep of a request but if you can do this it would be epic!

In that case you might like the MM file on the previous page. As is, it doesn't make batteries etc. stackable.

If you remove the "!RESOURCE[*],", it will basically make all non KIS items stackable. (including fuel tanks etc.)

Has anyone tested this? If stacking is more than just a UI feature I'd expect state information to break. Suppose you fill two tanks with different amounts (or identical science parts with different results), then stack them in the same inventory slot, and take them out again. Do they stay different or does one overwrite the other?