[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

I think there's another mod out there that may do what you want. It should be Extraplanetary Launchpads, but I can't be 100% sure because I use a few different mods that might have introduced this option: while a Kerman is EVA, he/she gets an option in the right-click menu to "Scrap" a part. This does explode the part to convert it into (I think) "scrap metal" or maybe "spare parts"; but if you're dealing with parachutes, the explosion should just be cosmetic and not actually destructive to the rest of your vessel. Personally, I've used it to "clean up" my orbital space station--after assembly, I have a bunch of little bits like strut ends that I don't want sullying my pretty station, or fuel tanks that I emptied once I connected a new piece of the station. Rather than jettisoning such tanks to simply drift as debris (which clutters up my space as well as my computer memory), I just "Scrap" them.

Anyway, I suggest you head over to look at Extraplanetary Launchpads to see if it will give you the solution you want.

The Scrap function is part of MKS not EPL.

Thanks, both! I shall give MKS a try. :)

(That said, Kospy, if possible please, I'd appreciate my request being implement in KIS as I'm already hitting the memory limit and don't really want to install yet another mod in MKS)

I'm trying to use * in allowedPartName in ModuleKISPartMount and it doesn't seem to be possible. Is there a way to include many parts in one allowedPartName? Or make ModuleKISPartMount depend on something else than a part name?

hows the 1.0.3-0.4 update coming? :P

I dont know what changes in those would impact this, other than maybe needing the ability to handle the new parts. If the author posts that its probably safe, then I'll put in an override in CKAN to mark as compatible with 1.0.4 and that lets CKAN install it for those users.

Edited by Murdabenne

I dont know what changes in those would impact this, other than maybe needing the ability to handle the new parts. If the author posts that its probably safe, then I'll put in an override in CKAN to mark as compatible with 1.0.4 and that lets CKAN install it for those users.

Well all I know is I got an update checker and before the game starts it also says KAS KIS is not compatible with 1.0.4 but I have had no problems yet.

I've tested with 1.0.4 and it seems stable, and other users report it stable, so Im adding in an override on CKAN which marks this specific version (1.1.5) as compatible with KSP 1.0.2 thru 1.0.4. It will not affect past nor future versions and it only affects CKAN.

So, I have KIS and KAS running in 1.0.4, and it seems there are a lot of bugs in my save. Parts sometimes randomly clone if tried to grab and attach them from a container, if you link a KAS port to a KAS port the one you linked from will turn into the root part so you can't detach it anymore… And there are possibly a lot more :(. I hope there will be an update soon.

Edited by ZentroCatson

Is there a way/is there a plan to make items only stack up to a certain amount? I see the stackable parameter, but I'd like to make wrenches and the like stack up to a small maximum, so that a tiny part isn't taking up a huge amount of slot space.

Why do all of my attachable parts fall tot he ground?? Help!!

Not sure if others have experienced this, but when I drag a part to the ground to attach it by Holding X, when I release the mouse button, the part acts like it was dropped to the ground. I can then push the part around. But, if I drop the part on the ground first and then grabb and attach it, then the part remains firmly in place.

Not sure if others have experienced this, but when I drag a part to the ground to attach it by Holding X, when I release the mouse button, the part acts like it was dropped to the ground. I can then push the part around. But, if I drop the part on the ground first and then grabb and attach it, then the part remains firmly in place.

Yea when attaching to the ground this has been the basic method since KIS came out.

Mhm, is there a way to detach a part from a ship and put it in the Kerbal's inventory?

I use "g" to detach it and try to put it into my inventory, but the game acts as if the inventory (tab) is not there. :( Or is the only way to do that via a container?

Sorry if I missed the part in the Guidelines.

Mhm, is there a way to detach a part from a ship and put it in the Kerbal's inventory?

I use "g" to detach it and try to put it into my inventory, but the game acts as if the inventory (tab) is not there. :( Or is the only way to do that via a container?

Sorry if I missed the part in the Guidelines.

You need to keep the kerbal inventory open then hold down G, drag the part into the inventory and release it there. Works best when you are close to the part.

Just for information, KIS should work fine on KSP 1.0.4. You can ignore the warning message.

I'm working on a major update for KIS (v1.2), which mainly aims to improve attaching & detaching function.

Here is some info on this :

• A dedicated key to attach/detach will be added ("H"), to attach/detach "special" part without any tools (for example :explosives, ground base)
  • You will be able to detach part of its parent with the "H" key too (without grabbing).
  • The "X" key will remain to use the right hand tool as usual (so for the wrench and the screwdriver that will be a shortcut to the "h" key)
  • I added some colors and icons to better differentiate grabbing / attaching / detaching

Hopefully it will be released "soon" :)

KospY, not sure if you're aware, but there's some weirdness going on when you're attaching part directly from the container.

uyOCCBW.jpg

I've dragged the left pipe connector directly from the container and node-attached it. It visibly sank down a bit. The right connector I first dropped on the ground, and only then grabbed and node-attached it - it stayed right on the node, where it should be.

Screenshot is from the almost stock game: KIS, KAS, MM and AVC, nothing else.

Edited by J.Random

Does anyone know under which circumstances Infernal Robotics and Kerbal Inventory System work together? I´ve been trying to build an adjustable dockingport for my space station but every time i attach the hinge in eva it won't work and will be displayed as "Bill Kerman´s debris". When attaching the hinge to my Space shuttle in a previous flight it worked without any problems.

When you do the update to v1.2, can you also update the CKAN data for the KIS fun parts if you're the one handling that? You have to manually install it, despite CKAN being aware of it. :(

Not the worst problem, but mildly bothersome.

I seem to be having a problem with the big solar panels.

When I attach one using KIS, and then try to deploy it, I get an orange "Can't deploy while stowed" warning in the upper left corner.

I have found a launchID bug: if you transfer a part directly from a container to a kerbal's inventory, then the part's launchID remains at zero rather than getting updated. However, if you first drop the part, then put it in the kerbal's inventory, the launchID is set correctly and then preserved.

[edit]Hmm, or maybe not: dropping the part first does not seem to be very reliable.

Edited by taniwha