[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

2 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Are there any known mod incompatibilities with KIS? I'm attempting to add things into "seat 1 inventory" in the SPH and the parts are dropping behind the inventory UI instead of dropping into inventory.

I'll get a output log when I boot up tonight.

List of known incompatibilities is here. Though, in your case it looks more like a wrong usage of the mod. Are you dragging the part into the inventory? If you just click on a part then you're picking it up for the editor, it won't go into inventory. For more details try checking the PDF manual which you may find in the distribution ZIP.

Edited by IgorZ

@KospY @IgorZ could you please move the settings.cfg file in /GameData/KIS to /GameData/KIS/PluginData. The reason for this is that if ModuleManager detects a change in any file not in a PluginData folder it will dump and rebuild its entire cache the next time the game loads which makes load times MUCH longer. I tried just manualy creating PluginData and moving setings.cfg into it and it allowed me to use the cache but broke parts of KIS so I assume there are some files that depend on settings.cfg that would need to be updated with the new folder path. Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

is there a way to remove a broken "Gigantor XL Solar Array" ? I can not remove and I can not store the ground pilon in a container because there are 2 parts attached to it ( those broken solar panel )

Edited by brusura

2 hours ago, brusura said:

is there a way to remove a broken "Gigantor XL Solar Array" ? I can not remove and I can not store the ground pilon in a container because there are 2 parts attached to it ( those broken solar panel )

If you can EVA, then you can go up to it and right click "Disassemble Part". It will explode (but cause no collateral damage). 

CM

23 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

@KospY @IgorZ could you please move the settings.cfg file in /GameData/KIS to /GameData/KIS/PluginData. The reason for this is that if ModuleManager detects a change in any file not in a PluginData folder it will dump and rebuild its entire cache the next time the game loads which makes load times MUCH longer. I tried just manualy creating PluginData and moving setings.cfg into it and it allowed me to use the cache but broke parts of KIS so I assume there are some files that depend on settings.cfg that would need to be updated with the new folder path. Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

The settings.cfg in KIS does not contain any volatile data. KIS doesn't change this file during play. Plus modders make their own MM patches to add their modules to the list of stackables. So no, this file is located where it should be.

Edited by Enceos

7 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Are you clicking on the solar panel itself? And using the "G" key to grab and drag an item off does nothing?

CM

Yes and yes using G grab and drag the whole pylon I am unable to select the broken solar panel, could you try aDd a gigantor solar panel to the pylon break it while it is extended with a kerbal and then try what you are suggesting?

Hello all,

I am wondering if there is a way to store empty fuel tanks in KIS containers from the VAB/SPH? Dragging a fuel tank into container inventory in the editor uses a fully filled tank and I see no option to adjust fuel levels. Please let me know if I am missing something, and thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, WillDaBeast509 said:

Hello all,

I am wondering if there is a way to store empty fuel tanks in KIS containers from the VAB/SPH? Dragging a fuel tank into container inventory in the editor uses a fully filled tank and I see no option to adjust fuel levels. Please let me know if I am missing something, and thanks in advance.

I believe you can place the tank on your ship in the editor, empty it, and then drag it into the KIS container.  (Untested, but I know you can drag a part placed in the editor into a container.)

21 minutes ago, DStaal said:

I believe you can place the tank on your ship in the editor, empty it, and then drag it into the KIS container.  (Untested, but I know you can drag a part placed in the editor into a container.)

This worked great! Thanks a lot.

21 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

If you can EVA, then you can go up to it and right click "Disassemble Part". It will explode (but cause no collateral damage). 

CM

That's an USI Kolonization feature, not KIS.

@brusura You can equip a tool, hover your mouse over an unwanted part hold the "H" button and click the part to detach it from anything it's sticking to.

Edited by Enceos

53 minutes ago, Enceos said:

That's an USI Kolonization feature, not KIS.

@brusura You can equip a tool, hover your mouse over an unwanted part hold the "H" button and click the part to detach it from anything it's sticking to.

I can not detach it, it looks like that broken part still attached, ie gigantor solar panel, lose their collider so the vitual pointer has nothing to hover to, even if, I grab the whole part, as you can see in my pictuers, they still show green as a full part

Can you try yourself and check the result?

Thanks

Edited by brusura

30 minutes ago, brusura said:

I can not detach it, it looks like that broken part still attached, ie gigantor solar panel, lose their collider so the vitual pointer has nothing to hover to, even if, I grab the whole part, as you can see in my pictuers, they still show green as a full part

Can you try yourself and check the result?

Thanks

Did you try the "H" button while hovering your mouse over the pylon?

Edit: I suspect KIS will say it is a root part..

Edited by Enceos

1 hour ago, brusura said:

It looks likes an mod compatibility issue. Try loading the initial savefile (before you started detaching attempts), then open debug logs and try detaching. If there will be exceptions or errors then this is the reason. I detached a broken solar panel once on my orbital station, it worked fine. Didn't try in this particular setup, though.

As a workaround, detach the whole pylon and put it on the ground (don't attach). Then use "detach tool" (X) on the pylon to have it separated from the panel.

1 hour ago, Enceos said:

Did you try the "H" button while hovering your mouse over the pylon?

Edit: I suspect KIS will say it is a root part..

of course

1 hour ago, Enceos said:

Make a blowtorch :D

Haha funny :P

1 hour ago, IgorZ said:

It looks likes an mod compatibility issue. Try loading the initial savefile (before you started detaching attempts), then open debug logs and try detaching. If there will be exceptions or errors then this is the reason. I detached a broken solar panel once on my orbital station, it worked fine. Didn't try in this particular setup, though.

As a workaround, detach the whole pylon and put it on the ground (don't attach). Then use "detach tool" (X) on the pylon to have it separated from the panel.

I am making a video in stock to show what I am saying

@IgorZ

https://youtu.be/QlmzOl05OfE

@Calvin_Maclure @IgorZ @brusura It's a model issue. Gigantor doesn't have a collider on its base, nothing you can do about it unless you're a modeller.

428DAE7.jpg

@brusura I just found a way. Make a .cfg file with this text and place it anywhere in your GameData folder:

@PART[largeSolarPanel]
{
	!mesh = null
	!node_attach = null
	node_stack_bottom = 0, -0.069, 0, 0, -1, 0, 0
	node_attach = 0, -0.069, 0, 0, -1, 0, 0
	MODEL
	{
		model = Squad/Parts/Utility/decouplerStackTR-2V/model
		position = 0, -0.033, 0
		scale = 0.48, 0.48, 0.48
	}
	MODEL
	{
		model = Squad/Parts/Electrical/gigantorXlSolarArray/model
		position = 0, 0, 0
		scale = 1, 1, 1
		rotation = 0, 0, 270
	}
}

This will add a collider from another part to the Gigantor base and you'll finally be able to detach it.

Edited by Enceos
MM patch for Gigantor

23 minutes ago, Enceos said:

It's a model issue. Gigantor doesn't have a collider on its base, nothing you can do about it unless you're a modeller.

Thanks for checking! Though, I may try detecting parts via raycast instead of using KSP builtin functionality. Given it's only needed in grab mode the performance impact shouldn't be significant.

2 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

Thanks for checking! Though, I may try detecting parts via raycast instead of using KSP builtin functionality. Given it's only needed in grab mode the performance impact shouldn't be significant.

What will be the source of the ray? Camera position? Will this have issues when trying to grab a part clipped inside of another part?

34 minutes ago, Enceos said:

@Calvin_Maclure @IgorZ @brusura It's a model issue. Gigantor doesn't have a collider on its base, nothing you can do about it unless you're a modeller.

428DAE7.jpg

@brusura Make a .cfg file with this text and place it anywhere in your GameData folder:

This will add a collider from another part to the Gigantor base and you'll finally be able to detach it.

I had noticed on some of my crafts, how that part does indeed clip into the model. Always thought that was strange. Now I know why!

CM