[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

Could be, what part are you trying to make usable from the inventory screens?

The old Cargo Transfer Bags, which otherwise are working fine.

Here's the default .cfg

PART
{

// --- general parameters ---
name = CargoTransferBag
module = Part
author = Albert VDS - blackheart612: Textures

// --- asset parameters ---
model = CargoTransferBag.mu
scale = 1
rescaleFactor = 1
specPower = 0.3
rimFalloff = 3
alphaCutoff = 0

node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0

attachRules = 0,1,0,1,0

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = survivability
entryCost = 2800
cost = 340
category = Utility
subcategory = 0
title = Crago Transfer Bag
manufacturer = VDS
description = Velcro Delivery System as introduced by VDS claimed as "The best way to avoid things going to your face in space". Contains all the things you need to stay alive while dying. Made of very tight fibre to not let water leak out. Warranty void if Velcro is eaten.

mass = 0.07
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.3
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 12
breakingForce = 400
breakingTorque = 400
maxTemp = 2900

MODULE
{
name = KASModuleGrab
evaPartPos = (0.0, 0.2, -0.22)
evaPartDir = (0,0,-1)
storable = False
//storedSize = 16
attachOnPart = True
attachOnEva = False
attachOnStatic = True
attachPartSndPath = KAS/Sounds/attachTape
grabSndPath = KAS/Sounds/detachTape
}

MODULE
{
name = FStextureSwitch2
nextButtonText = Next resource
prevButtonText = Previous resource
statusText = Current resource
switchableInFlight = true
repaintableEVA = false
textureRootFolder = CargoTransferBags/Parts/CargoTransferBags/
textureNames = CargoTransferBags;Water;Food;Oxygen;Food
objectNames = CargoTransferBags
textureDisplayNames = Empty;Water;Food;Oxygen;Mixed
useFuelSwitchModule = true
fuelTankSetups = 0;1;2;3;4
}

MODULE
{
name = FSfuelSwitch
resourceNames = Structural;Water;Food;Oxygen;Water,Food,Oxygen
resourceAmounts = 0;250;250;250;80,80,80
hasGUI = false
switchableInFlight = true
}

}

And my changes:

@PART[CargoTransferBag]
{
-MODULE[KASModuleGrab]
MODULE
{
name = ModuleKISItem
shortcutKeyAction = drop
usableFromEva = true
usableFromContainer = true
usableFromPod = true
usableFromEditor = false
stackable = false
volumeOverride = 0
editorItemsCategory = false
equipable = true
equipMode = part
equipSlot = jetpack
useName = Resupply
equipMeshName = jetpack_base01
equipBoneName = bn_jetpack01
equipPos = (0,0.21,-0.3)
equipDir = (0,280,0)
carriable = true
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleKISItemEvaTweaker
runSpeed = 0.8
}
}

Hmm... "-MODULE[KASModuleGrab]" It doesn't seem to be working to remove that module.

Contract support please.

I sent up a space station (to Min) but forgot the antenna... No problem because I have the twins KIS and KAS. So I made a service vehicle full of spare parts and an engineer. Went and attached an antenna...

But it doesn't seem to want to trigger the contract component that mentions antenna. Do I need to leave the sphere of influence?

I tried restarting the game. I tried undocking a part to see if that would prompt a "rebuild" of its capabilities. Ideas?

I think it's related to the "launchid" not being set by KIS on stored part. I fixed this in the next update, but I not tested contracts yet.

Can you try to edit your save and set the launchid of your antenna to the launchid of your vessel (the one that brought antenna) ? Keep me informed if it work :)

PS can I suggest a Fun Pack addition? Paper Airplanes with the ability to give them a throw. Atmosphere = some lift. Low Gravity = long throw. etc. Could also make darts with a different model.

Well, fun pack is not my priority, but I will see what I can do. I add it to my list of ideas (which is already long ... :D)

- - - Updated - - -

So it looks like ModuleKISItemEvaPropellant allows transfer of resources, but specifically for EVA propellant to a Kerbal's suit. Is there a more general module that allows resource transfer from the part to a targeted part? A "ModuleKISItemResupply"?

As the title says, ModuleKISItemEvaPropellant is only for EVA propellant.

However, I can change this if needed. Can you tell me what you want to do exactly ?

Also, what the point to transfer resource to another part ? There is already the stock transfer resource system no ?

Edited by KospY

I have asked this before, but didn't see any answer...

besides the SHAPE, is there any difference between the Concrete block in KIS and the Pylon in KAS?

yes they are shaped differently, but is there any Function/use/intention difference?

There is no difference, it's just that the pylon look more suited for pipe linking.

As the title says, ModuleKISItemEvaPropellant is only for EVA propellant.

However, I can change this if needed. Can you tell me what you want to do exactly ?

Also, what the point to transfer resource to another part ? There is already the stock transfer resource system no ?

As mentioned in my other posts, I'd like to be able to use a resource-bearing item from the seat inventory of a pod to transfer to the pod or another part of the vessel, which it doesn't seem I can do, at least using the method I am to hack on the cfgs. I'd like to be able to allow it for certain parts, or certain resources, specifically TACLS supplies.

Edited by curiousepic

Another thing I'd love to be able to do - use tools (ie screwdriver to allow attaching) from a Command Seat. This would allow you to use IR robotic arms to move Engineers around and operate on your vessel without having to deal with maneuvering with RCS, as with real Shuttle missions. (Ideally we'd have a foot grip model to put on the ends of the arm)

Another thing I'd love to be able to do - use tools (ie screwdriver to allow attaching) from a Command Seat. This would allow you to use IR robotic arms to move Engineers around and operate on your vessel without having to deal with maneuvering with RCS, as with real Shuttle missions. (Ideally we'd have a foot grip model to put on the ends of the arm)

That sounds like a neat suggestion for the IR model rework thread.

PS can I suggest a Fun Pack addition? Paper Airplanes with the ability to give them a throw. Atmosphere = some lift. Low Gravity = long throw. etc. Could also make darts with a different model.

It is not a "paper airplane" it is an "Aerodynamic Launch Simulatorâ„¢" and it costs 300 specos in the KSC gift shop.

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds like a neat suggestion for the IR model rework thread.

That sounds a lot like the KAS tethers concept that are in the works.

Huh, So trying to use realchutes and attaching them causes them to become invisible and not work. This is probably down to they way the code for them works.

they showed up as parachutes on the probe, when I deployed them it crashed the game

Edited by Boamere

I hope that situation with the exploding parts improves in Unity 5.

Same,

Sometimes im not sure which i dislike more, the exploding bug or the falling through the ground never to be seen again bug.

Changed Antenna Launch ID from 0 to 41 which matches the Stations ID (not the service mission) since it was easier to find that ID than the service Missions ID.

Worked Like a Charm. Thanks!

I tried searching this thread, but without success: does anyone else have this behaviour that dropping parts on ground or craft is fine (they fall freely and later slide), attaching parts on craft is fine (they stick), but pats "attached" to the launchpad (like concrete base) are loose, like they were just dropped, easily pushable by kerbals and ships? It has allowAttachOnStatic = true, after all... Do I miss something here?

So, i kinda like the idea of being able to attach parts in-flight, the only downside is: you have to bring the parts with you. what I'd like would be something like space engineer's system where you can out a frame down and build apart on it from different components. It would allow for orbital assamebly, without the hassle of getting an extraplanetary launchpaf going, simply by bringing up resources and putting them together via kerbals.

Hey guys, I encouterded a minor bug. If you fill a capsule inventory in the VAB but launch it without a pilot in it e.g. a lander. It don't save the KIS inventory whith it.

If you put a Kerbal into it everything is fine.

So better launch your vessels fully manned ;)

Hey guys, I encouterded a minor bug. If you fill a capsule inventory in the VAB but launch it without a pilot in it e.g. a lander. It don't save the KIS inventory whith it.

If you put a Kerbal into it everything is fine.

So better launch your vessels fully manned ;)

IIRC not really a bug. The seat inventory is thought of the Kerbals' "Pockets". Similar to how the seat inventory goes into the kerbals inventory automatically when you EVA

KIS 1.1.5 released !

Changelog :

• [Enhancement] Disable jetpack mouse input while dragging
  • [Enhancement] Converted parts textures to DDS
  • [Enhancement] AVC is now used for version check
  • [Enhancement] Added a KAS version dependancy check
  • [Enhancement] Added more stackable module (KASModuleHarpoon, ModuleRecycleablePart, CollisionFX)
  • [Fix] launchID is now correctly set for stored parts
  • [Fix] Prevent removing the launch vessel flag of stored parts
  • [Fix] Stored parts must now be recognized by contracts
  • [Fix] Fix static part not attaching when dragged from an inventory
  • [Fix] Prevent vessel switching while dragging an item
  • [Fix] Engineer report take into account the mass update
  • [Fix] OnKISAction method use BaseEventData (prevent KAS crash if KIS is missing)
  • [Fix] Fix two typos in the user manual
  • [Fix] Fix wording for removing helmets. (thanks to iPeer)

- - - Updated - - -

So, i kinda like the idea of being able to attach parts in-flight, the only downside is: you have to bring the parts with you. what I'd like would be something like space engineer's system where you can out a frame down and build apart on it from different components. It would allow for orbital assamebly, without the hassle of getting an extraplanetary launchpaf going, simply by bringing up resources and putting them together via kerbals.

This is planned for KCS (Kerbal Crafting System).

KIS is only the framework for new mods I'm working on ;)

Edited by KospY