[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

I still have been unable to get this to work. I cant open the cans in the hangar. It keeps telling me the sound files are missing. I don't know what i have done wrong.

It sounds like you haven't installed it correctly. Where did you put it? Also, do you have the ModuleManager DLL in your GameData folder?

I don't know if this is a problem with Universal Storage, or a problem with KIS, so I'll put it on both and hope someone figures it out...

I'm swapping out science instrument wedges on a space station, and I go to shuffle a module from one slot to another, because it's staying for the time being. Problem is, it won't snap into the new slot as the standard "Mount" option. There's a green node ball inside, though. Any ideas as to what's going on?

Quick question,

When you recover a landed vessel, do I also get refunded for the parts that are in the inventories? I have a couple of science experiments placed on a asteroid and want to know if it is a good idea to remove those parts and bring them home before I depart my Kerbals from the asteroid.

Can anyone give a hint on installation? I have merged everything with the game data folder but I cant open the cans in the hangar and it says the sound files can't be found.

Delete KIS, re-download, and try again. There is nothing special about this install. So either your computer/software is causing problems or you are doing it wrong.

Can anyone give a hint on installation? I have merged everything with the game data folder but I cant open the cans in the hangar and it says the sound files can't be found.

Hey WGM, welcome to the forums.

That sounds like an incorrect installation to me. Here's a few things I can imagine are causing this issue:

- Make sure the path to the mod is this: Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS, instead of Kerbal Space Program\GameData\GameData\KIS.

- Make sure you've got the latest KSP version (v1.0.4)

- Make sure you've got the latest KIS version (v1.2.2)

I hope this helps.

My experience has been that you do get the refund.

Cool, I'm not at home now but when I get home i'll take the extra work to remove all the science parts and return them home.

Since I've used my ssto shuttle to get to the asteroid (which is in a orbit with a 40+ degree inclination orbit) I rather not try the return a second time to check if I ge trefunded.

Greetings!

I am having recurring problems of the inventory buttons of parts and/or Kerbals no longer showing up; inventory windows closing automatically after one frame of being opened; and inventories losing their contents for no discernible reason.

Might there be a particular cause to these issues?

Much gratitude for any advice,

enthusiastic inventory user and EVA attacher

Slightly confused on a minor point.

I brought a buttload of struts and ground bases in my bug ass base to Minmus so I could strut it to the ground.

I placed a ground base next to the base and attached it, and then attached a strut to the base body and the ground base, and was then told I could not link them as they are not part of the same craft.

So if the ground bases are not able to be attached to landed crafts, what is the point of them?

Slightly confused on a minor point.

I brought a buttload of struts and ground bases in my bug ass base to Minmus so I could strut it to the ground.

I placed a ground base next to the base and attached it, and then attached a strut to the base body and the ground base, and was then told I could not link them as they are not part of the same craft.

So if the ground bases are not able to be attached to landed crafts, what is the point of them?

Well, the best solution is to be a Jedi:

You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the ground base and the ship.

Otherwise, try a pipe. It allows you to connect two crafts together, such as the pylon and the ship - or even two ships.

Hi!

I saw that it is possible to *detach* parts, that have other parts attached to them.

Is it somehow possible to *attach* two parts with other parts attached to them?

I want to manipulate the stack in space, and for example insert a part without having to rebuild an entire half of the ship.

Is this feasible now? If not, is it theoretically feasible to implement? If yes, will it be implemented in the future?

Yes, I also would like to be able to join two halves of a ship together.

To clarify the request:

Right now if you have a ship with 5 parts A-B-C-D-E, you can break this into A-B and C-D-E. There's no way to join A-B and C-D-E back together, except by moving one piece at a time over: move C to A-B making A-B-C and D-E, then move D over making A-B-C-D and E, then move E over. On a 5-part ship, no problem... on a 120-part ship, with certain parts set at exact angles, not so easy.

I'd use this to extract a component from the middle of my ship and then put my ship back together. In particular my LKO space station is a hodge-podge of rescued parts and parts I've flown up, and they don't always get added in proper configurations.

I don't think there are any technical roadblocks to attaching multiple parts at once, but it would probably be a significant amount of work to add this feature.

Since we're daydreaming new features, I'd also like angle-snap when attaching a part, so I can add forgotten RCS thrusters at 90 degree angles. Last time I just kinda eyeballed it.

To clarify the request:

Right now if you have a ship with 5 parts A-B-C-D-E, you can break this into A-B and C-D-E. There's no way to join A-B and C-D-E back together, except by moving one piece at a time over: move C to A-B making A-B-C and D-E, then move D over making A-B-C-D and E, then move E over. On a 5-part ship, no problem... on a 120-part ship, with certain parts set at exact angles, not so easy.

I'd use this to extract a component from the middle of my ship and then put my ship back together. In particular my LKO space station is a hodge-podge of rescued parts and parts I've flown up, and they don't always get added in proper configurations.

I don't think there are any technical roadblocks to attaching multiple parts at once, but it would probably be a significant amount of work to add this feature.

Since we're daydreaming new features, I'd also like angle-snap when attaching a part, so I can add forgotten RCS thrusters at 90 degree angles. Last time I just kinda eyeballed it.

I dunno. Personally I don't have a problem with there being some limits on what can be done via EVA assembly.

yep, simettry would be amazing

and i found an issue with gigantor arrays, when they are broken, you cant grab/detach or even select them

To clarify the request:

I've been thinking about this too... something akin to moving the two assemblies close to each other and then "welding" them together. Not welding in the reduce-part-count type of weld mod that exists, but something to the effect that if you can make two things touch, a Kerbal should be able to join them. Maybe make a "welding torch" tool that can do this?

I don't know the programmatic gymnastics this would require, but from the standpoint of balance, it would make sense to be able to join things, regardless of how many other things are attached to them (i.e. command pods with parachutes attached to a rocket assembly).

Yesterday, I had Danlotte remove some obsolete panels from her Mun station. Then her, a scientist and pilot were shuttled back to Kerbin, I realized the ship had NO CHUTES. I used the little remaining RCS to set a Pe low enough for an aerobrake, but not enough for a landing. Danlotte saves the day again by removing the panels and RCS blocks, so they don't blow up during that risky maneuver.

Do I then rendezvous them with an SOS pod? Hell no, I send a mini-probe with chutes attached. Danlotte saves the day again, by kludging those into her Charon ship, and using the probe's Spark engine to de-orbit it.

Thanks, KospY, for the awesomeness added to the game. Sent you a small donation. Eat some cheese for me. I friggin love french cheese.