[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

53 minutes ago, Snarfster said:

Anybody have an issue with disappearing inventories? I am using the stock three seat capsule and for some reason, boarding wipes my inventory.

We're going to need a little more info that that. 

can you give a step by step reproduction guide?

6 hours ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

We're going to need a little more info that that. 

can you give a step by step reproduction guide?

You are quite correct in that. :)

I figured it out, it's somehow connected to USI lifesupport. When your kerbals are malnourished, they turn into tourists. When they board a craft and turn malnourished, they don't have an inventory...

Feeding them after doesn't bring the items back. Thank god I was building a station in Mun orbit and not Laythe orbit. ;)

I've spent an hour trying to place a KAS winch on my shuttle to refuel my translunar space station,yet it won't attach at a radial point, and when I attempted to place it as a sole object in darkness, it failed. I am using a level 2 Bill and I just wanted to point out this small issue to stop others from wasting as much time as I did. Great mod otherwise, it really adds competence to the Engineer class

Hello all, I'm new to this mod so please forgive my ignorance. So far it works fine and I like it a lot.

I had only one issue so far: I can't find the keybind "X" on my non-US keyboard. The key the usually toggles X does nothing here. Is there a fix or a workaround for that? Like an easy way to bind keys?

Thanks in advance

Daf

8 hours ago, Dafni said:

Hello all, I'm new to this mod so please forgive my ignorance. So far it works fine and I like it a lot.

I had only one issue so far: I can't find the keybind "X" on my non-US keyboard. The key the usually toggles X does nothing here. Is there a fix or a workaround for that? Like an easy way to bind keys?

Thanks in advance

Daf

I'm not in front of my screen at the moment, but often if its configurable, there will be a .cfg file in the mod folder... Plugindata sometimes? You might check there to see if it's defined... Otherwise, hm, a dev might be able to help more. 

27 minutes ago, komodo said:

I'm not in front of my screen at the moment, but often if its configurable, there will be a .cfg file in the mod folder... Plugindata sometimes? You might check there to see if it's defined... Otherwise, hm, a dev might be able to help more. 

Settings.cfg should be in GameData/KIS. 

Open it and the setting you are looking for is "rightHandKey" under the EVaInventory node

1 hour ago, sardia said:

Try attaching a docking port to each craft. Then dock them. Add rcs , probe and mono if the crafts need them. 

Yes, something like that. :)

My plan B was leaving a spot for the SeniorDock to be attached later when I researched it and expand the ship afterwards - maybe attach the engines with decouplers radially for the time being or something like that - at least I can start building and using my ship. :)

1 hour ago, KerbMav said:

Yes, something like that. :)

My plan B was leaving a spot for the SeniorDock to be attached later when I researched it and expand the ship afterwards - maybe attach the engines with decouplers radially for the time being or something like that - at least I can start building and using my ship. :)

I've done something like this. I sent up a ship with an adapter and a Clamp-o-tron Jr (because that's all I had then) with the intent to remove the Jr and the adapter, and replace them with a full Clamp-o-tron later.

1 hour ago, Gryphon said:

I've done something like this. I sent up a ship with an adapter and a Clamp-o-tron Jr (because that's all I had then) with the intent to remove the Jr and the adapter, and replace them with a full Clamp-o-tron later.

You can build quite a bit part by part :)

DaZJ3Ux.png?1

Takes a while though ;)

I was wondering, is it possible to make it so that food/water/oxygen can be taken from a TAC Life Support canister stored in an inventory, just as it would be taken from a TACLS module attached to the ship?

7 hours ago, sardia said:

Looks neat. What order did you attach them?

Basically from the inside out. Flew in the core in one go; then built out from there, one part at a time. Did make a module manager override to set the volume of the inflatables to a sensible volume when not inflated. Additionally, the logistical modules cannot be repainted as they are, so I modded that in too.

// Module Manager configuration to override the KIS volume for USI inflatables.

@PART[OKS_Storage_ILM|OKS_HabRing|OKS_AgModule]:NEEDS[KIS]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleKISItem
		volumeOverride = 29875
		stackable = false
		editorItemsCategory = false
	}
}

// This next bit allows EVA repainting of the OKS inflatable storage module

@PART[OKS_Storage_ILM]
{
	@MODULE[FStextureSwitch2]
	{
		@repaintableEVA = true
		switchableInFlight = true
	}
}

For some reason I can't get the EVA repaint to work properly, hence the "switchableInFlight" addition.

16 hours ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

Settings.cfg should be in GameData/KIS. 

Open it and the setting you are looking for is "rightHandKey" under the EVaInventory node

thank you. but then what should i do when I find it? Just delete that character and replace it with "my" X?

I can't seem to find an version that supports 0.25 on curse.

I wanted to try the old version of KSP, so I also downloaded a bunch mods for it, which including KAS.

Would appreciate it if there's an version that supports 0.25 (KAS can, it will be a surprise if KIS can't)