[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

5 minutes ago, SonicControlre said:

I can't seem to find an version that supports 0.25 on curse.

I wanted to try the old version of KSP, so I also downloaded a bunch mods for it, which including KAS.

Would appreciate it if there's an version that supports 0.25 (KAS can, it will be a surprise if KIS can't)

KIS won't support .25 because KIS didn't exist until .90. 

My Kerbal seems unable to let go of exposives. I looked at the file as suggested, and the right hand key is assigned to the unconflicting X, but still nothing. And I just realized the kerbal has the explosive in his left hand... I must be missing something here. Any ideas?

29 minutes ago, Dafni said:

My Kerbal seems unable to let go of exposives. I looked at the file as suggested, and the right hand key is assigned to the unconflicting X, but still nothing. And I just realized the kerbal has the explosive in his left hand... I must be missing something here. Any ideas?

Are you opening the inventory with "TAB" then dragging the item out? Once you have dragged the item out of the inventory, Let go of the "left mouse button" This will then allow you to attach or drop the item. Once attached or dropped, right click the explosive when you are close to it, to set a timer. Then run like H-E-Double hockey sticks :)

Thank you. I just figured it out by playing around for a bit. I never knew it´s meant to be dragged from the inventory, always thought you need to equip the kerbal and then go and attach it somewhere.

Is there a way to adjust how much volume a part takes up in inventories? (I'm not a fan of struts and fuel lines taking up 3 times as much space as an RCS block does for example) I looked on the wiki and came up blank.

2 minutes ago, Cultist_O said:

Is there a way to adjust how much volume a part takes up in inventories? (I'm not a fan of struts and fuel lines taking up 3 times as much space as an RCS block does for example) I looked on the wiki and came up blank.

Do you mean the KAS struts or stock struts?

28 minutes ago, Cultist_O said:

Stock struts, I'm looking for a way to adjust how much space a stock (or unrelated mod's) part takes up in a KIS inventory.

MODULE
        {
            name = ModuleKISItem
            volumeOverride = 450 // WHatever number you want in liters here
            editorItemsCategory = false
        }

This

5 hours ago, Svm420 said:

MODULE
        {
            name = ModuleKISItem
            volumeOverride = 450 // WHatever number you want in liters here
            editorItemsCategory = false
        }

This

Ya, I saw that on the wiki, and I've already tried it. Unfortunately, that makes the part into a container which can store X Litres. What I want is to make the part take up X litres.

Nope, I had something slightly different, this works method works as advertised.

Edited by Cultist_O
I was mistaken

40 minutes ago, Cultist_O said:

Ya, I saw that on the wiki, and I've already tried it. Unfortunately, that makes the part into a container which can store X Litres. What I want is to make the part take up X litres.

You're wrong

1 hour ago, sardia said:

Isn't it generated via a simple formula?

Yes, but that formula is based on the model which appears as the part icon on the left of the VAB. This means that for collapsible parts it could calculate the volume based on the extended state or the collapsed state depending which is shown. For compound parts, such as the strut and fuel line it gets even worse, because it is based on the arbitrary length they chose to use.

1 hour ago, Svm420 said:

You're wrong

Ya, I had ModuleKISInventory, and failed to see the difference in your post because the other parameters were the same. Thanks, your method works perfectly.

Love this mod (but still relearning how to use it and KAS since it has changed so much from how KAS used to work).  I have a quick question which might more correctly belong on the KAS thread.  Why are the KAS struts (CS-R2 struts) not stackable in the inventory system?  I'm not sure I'm using the right terminology - by "stackable" I mean the parts which give a little Xn icon in the inventory and you can add more by right clicking and increasing the quantity in the dialogue box.  I would have thought they are the sort of small part, used in large quantities, which you would want stackable.  The same goes for the connector port.  It seems odd that the ground pylons are stackable but the connector ports and struts are not.

2 hours ago, gleedadswell said:

Love this mod (but still relearning how to use it and KAS since it has changed so much from how KAS used to work).  I have a quick question which might more correctly belong on the KAS thread.  Why are the KAS struts (CS-R2 struts) not stackable in the inventory system?  I'm not sure I'm using the right terminology - by "stackable" I mean the parts which give a little Xn icon in the inventory and you can add more by right clicking and increasing the quantity in the dialogue box.  I would have thought they are the sort of small part, used in large quantities, which you would want stackable.  The same goes for the connector port.  It seems odd that the ground pylons are stackable but the connector ports and struts are not.

Strange. Both CS-R2 and CC-R2 are stackable for me.

You could check settings.cfg in KIS folder and check if you have line "moduleName = KASModuleStrut" under StackableModule. I wonder if there's something broken in your installation.

Edited by Varsi
Afterthought

2 hours ago, gleedadswell said:

Do you use tweak scale? There is a known issue where "If you use tweakscale, parts will not be stackable"

I would also like these parts to be stackable, but as far as I'm concerned it's a minor issue to trade for being able to store scaled parts.

9 minutes ago, Cultist_O said:

Do you use tweak scale? There is a known issue where "If you use tweakscale, parts will not be stackable"

I would also like these parts to be stackable, but as far as I'm concerned it's a minor issue to trade for being able to store scaled parts.

This I didn't know. So if you want to be able to stack those parts you'll have to remove them from KAS_TweakScale.cfg but then you can't tweak their size.

Interestingly enough ground pylon is stackable even tho it's also tweakable.

37 minutes ago, Varsi said:

This I didn't know. So if you want to be able to stack those parts you'll have to remove them from KAS_TweakScale.cfg but then you can't tweak their size.

Interestingly enough ground pylon is stackable even tho it's also tweakable.

I really don't know, I just saw that issue in the op, and took it for granted that that's why my (and your) stuff wasn't stacking. I hadn't considered that you might be able to pick which parts fall into which category, so if you do manage to mitigate the issue by adjusting cfgs, please let me know how you've done it.

Unfortunately I don't really know much about this stuff so I could only confirm that installing tweakscale still causes this issue and if you remove tweakable option from parts then you can stack them again.

Might be useful to know what mod is causing the issue for ExplorerKlatt tho.

For that reason I only use tweakscale for infernal robotics parts.

// Module Manager Config to make only IR parts have TweakScale

@PART[*]:HAS[~manufacturer[Magic?Smoke?Industries]]:FINAL
{
	!MODULE[TweakScale] {} // Remove TweakScale from all non IR parts.
}

The module manager file above will do the trick, all non IR parts will be stripped of tweakscale.

First of all I would like to say that I absolutely love what is included in this mod.  So much so, that I have relied on it to be a big part of my current mission.  I have set up a refueling station on Ike relying on this with KAS to attach refueling ports on the outside of my ships rather than having to dock on the ground.  I have a mining ship with fuel storage, a refueling tanker rover, and a ship that is waiting to be refueled to go pick up kerbals from duna.  However, I need to use EVA jetpack to get to upper parts of a ship that has all of the parts along with the screwdrivers/drills, I screwed up with one of my deployable ladders so it is deploying up rather than down into the ground.  KIS seems to be preventing me from using my jetpack on the surface, I don't know if it thinks I have a huge inventory or what has happened, but my jetpack doesn't work, and I can't even jump.  I know from previous experience that Ike has very low gravity and leaving the ground should not be an issue.  Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this?  Because my entire mission is on hold until I can figure out how to use my jetpack on Ike.  Also, I have removed KIS and loaded my most current save and use the jetpack without any issue, so I know that KIS is the issue.

9 minutes ago, Unforgiv3n said:

First of all I would like to say that I absolutely love what is included in this mod.  So much so, that I have relied on it to be a big part of my current mission.  I have set up a refueling station on Ike relying on this with KAS to attach refueling ports on the outside of my ships rather than having to dock on the ground.  I have a mining ship with fuel storage, a refueling tanker rover, and a ship that is waiting to be refueled to go pick up kerbals from duna.  However, I need to use EVA jetpack to get to upper parts of a ship that has all of the parts along with the screwdrivers/drills, I screwed up with one of my deployable ladders so it is deploying up rather than down into the ground.  KIS seems to be preventing me from using my jetpack on the surface, I don't know if it thinks I have a huge inventory or what has happened, but my jetpack doesn't work, and I can't even jump.  I know from previous experience that Ike has very low gravity and leaving the ground should not be an issue.  Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this?  Because my entire mission is on hold until I can figure out how to use my jetpack on Ike.  Also, I have removed KIS and loaded my most current save and use the jetpack without any issue, so I know that KIS is the issue.

KIS takes into account the weight of what is in your backpack.  I have not had any issues using a jetpack along with KIS installed unless I was trying to carry lots of KIS items in my backpack that weighed me down.