[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

25 minutes ago, Jansn67 said:

Identified a problem (by testing through all installed mods): since KIS 1.2.4_Proper and 1.2.5 when i EVA and board back, kerbals duplicate.

Can not EVA again: "Hatch obstructed", can not warp/burn "while kerbal is on a ladder", can not switch to "vessel we dont own".

With KIS 1.2.3 no problem.

wow thats an old bug that resurfaced.

I am suddenly having a problem where the inventory panels for containers and seats are no longer operable. Kerbals can still trade EVA items, but I can't drag and drop anything else in EVA or anything at all in the VAB/SPH. I see that the mod has a conflict with Tweakscale saying that items won't stack? Is this perhaps the same bug, or is there another common one that this might be? After I first experienced this problem I went and updated all of my mods with CKAN hoping it would fix itself, but no luck.

6 hours ago, Jansn67 said:

Identified a problem (by testing through all installed mods): since KIS 1.2.4_Proper and 1.2.5 when i EVA and board back, kerbals duplicate.

Can not EVA again: "Hatch obstructed", can not warp/burn "while kerbal is on a ladder", can not switch to "vessel we dont own".

With KIS 1.2.3 no problem.

Could you please give exact steps/conditions? Never seen this bug and I use KIS a lot. Screenshot just before entering the vessel would be helpful to figure out how to reproduce the bug.

5 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

wow thats an old bug that resurfaced.

Do you remember where that "old bug" was described/discussed?

12 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

Could you please give exact steps/conditions? Never seen this bug and I use KIS a lot. Screenshot just before entering the vessel would be helpful to figure out how to reproduce the bug.

Do you remember where that "old bug" was described/discussed?

I believe it was an issue shortly after the initial release of KIS.

4 hours ago, Wolven Pryde said:

I am suddenly having a problem where the inventory panels for containers and seats are no longer operable. Kerbals can still trade EVA items, but I can't drag and drop anything else in EVA or anything at all in the VAB/SPH. I see that the mod has a conflict with Tweakscale saying that items won't stack? Is this perhaps the same bug, or is there another common one that this might be? After I first experienced this problem I went and updated all of my mods with CKAN hoping it would fix itself, but no luck.

Could you please check logs for the errors? Also, what was the preconditions for the problem to happen? As I understand KIS mod used to work fine for you before.

Edited by IgorZ

1 hour ago, IgorZ said:

Could you please check logs for the errors? Also, what was the preconditions for the problem to happen? As I understand KIS mod used to work fine for you before.

Only errors I can find are memory crash errors on the crash logs.

Spoiler

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module mono.dll at 0023:1011940a.

Error occurred at 2016-02-27_215016.
D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe, run by Jonathon.
57% memory in use.
0 MB physical memory [0 MB free].
0 MB paging file [0 MB free].
0 MB user address space [129 MB free].
Write to location 00841000 caused an access violation.

Context:
EDI:    0x00400000  ESI: 0xdc9e8510  EAX:   0x0000f7e0
EBX:    0xdc18e318  ECX: 0x00841000  EDX:   0x00000000
EIP:    0x1011940a  EBP: 0x01008708  SegCs: 0x00000023
EFlags: 0x00010202  ESP: 0x010086e4  SegSs: 0x0000002b

Bytes at CS:EIP:
66 0f 7f 01 66 0f 7f 41 10 66 0f 7f 41 20 66 0f

So on and so forth. It was working fine for my first launch in the Career Mode save that I'm using, but after probably the next game boot, I can no longer longer drop items into inventory windows. I seem to be able to still remove items from the inventories that still contain items from before this started happening, but I'll have to double check to confirm that. Not sure if it's contained to that save for any reason either. I'll have to give it another boot and look.

1 hour ago, Wolven Pryde said:

Only errors I can find are memory crash errors on the crash logs.

Reveal hidden contents

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module mono.dll at 0023:1011940a.

Error occurred at 2016-02-27_215016.
D:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe, run by Jonathon.
57% memory in use.
0 MB physical memory [0 MB free].
0 MB paging file [0 MB free].
0 MB user address space [129 MB free].
Write to location 00841000 caused an access violation.

Context:
EDI:    0x00400000  ESI: 0xdc9e8510  EAX:   0x0000f7e0
EBX:    0xdc18e318  ECX: 0x00841000  EDX:   0x00000000
EIP:    0x1011940a  EBP: 0x01008708  SegCs: 0x00000023
EFlags: 0x00010202  ESP: 0x010086e4  SegSs: 0x0000002b

Bytes at CS:EIP:
66 0f 7f 01 66 0f 7f 41 10 66 0f 7f 41 20 66 0f

So on and so forth. It was working fine for my first launch in the Career Mode save that I'm using, but after probably the next game boot, I can no longer longer drop items into inventory windows. I seem to be able to still remove items from the inventories that still contain items from before this started happening, but I'll have to double check to confirm that. Not sure if it's contained to that save for any reason either. I'll have to give it another boot and look.

Err, well. Everything seems to working fine now. I loaded a new Sandbox game and tested the parts in the VAB and in world, and had no problems. So I reloaded the Career save that previously had the problem, and was unable to reproduce it. Strange.

1 hour ago, Wolven Pryde said:

Err, well. Everything seems to working fine now. I loaded a new Sandbox game and tested the parts in the VAB and in world, and had no problems. So I reloaded the Career save that previously had the problem, and was unable to reproduce it. Strange.

Sometimes there is a great complex of factors to trigger an error. Next time you see the behavior please look for the debug logs: press Alt+F12, choose tab "Debug", scroll the view down to the last records. If there were errors you will likely see some read and yellow records. Screenshot of them may help investigating the issue.

1 hour ago, IgorZ said:

Sometimes there is a great complex of factors to trigger an error. Next time you see the behavior please look for the debug logs: press Alt+F12, choose tab "Debug", scroll the view down to the last records. If there were errors you will likely see some read and yellow records. Screenshot of them may help investigating the issue.

Ah, okay, I see what you mean. Thanks, I'll keep an eye on that next time it breaks :D

i hate to be a pain in the ass. but i kindof noticed a bug. 

alot of stock parts. have negative volume in the inventory.

http://prntscr.com/a8wqii

BUT it's kindof weird.  example.

the inventory needs to be big enoegh to be able to carry the part.

http://prntscr.com/a8wrqv

but then when i put the part in

http://prntscr.com/a8ws1u

i can now put in bigger engines (with negative volume)

http://prntscr.com/a8wsb5  oh can't fit.  no problem just add more Sparks. http://prntscr.com/a8wsh6

now.  i do the same for the nerv.  http://prntscr.com/a8wsnw    http://prntscr.com/a8wst8

and now i have an insanely large storage. http://prntscr.com/a8wt1l    on a rover.  (scaled down the mobile lab to fit on a rover inside of a 3.75m service bay.   so when scaling parts the inventory grows and shrinks with it.

i could have just scaled it up. put the nerv in and scaled it down again.  but this way you guys have a short example of this bug.  

After being pestered by the mod tracker, I upgraded to 1.25 (running KSP 1.05). Unfortunately, when I try to check my Kerbal's inventory on EVA it's Bill, he's been on the Mun since before the upgrade) the inventory panel no longer appears when I click on his back pack.

Clicking on cargo containers (again, landed before the update) yields only scrap part and salvage part as options.

Before upgrading, all these things worked fine.

Additionally the EVA icon in the VAB has multiplied with each upgrade (I'm up to three, now)

Module Manager also keeps telling me to install 1.25.

I've really liked this mod and was just getting the hang of it when this cropped up.

13 hours ago, darkracer125 said:

i hate to be a pain in the ass. but i kindof noticed a bug.

It looks you are using scale tweaker. It's a known bug it doesn't work well with KIS. The problem for now is that it works fine for some people and don't work for other. It would be nice if you could come up with a few steps that reliably reproduce the issue.

7 hours ago, AlbertKermin said:

Ok, what's up with the latest update breaking custom tools?

Could you please be more specific? What custom tool specifically was working before and has broken with the new release?

7 hours ago, sardia said:

Did KIS ever have issues picking up root parts? It gave me the same error that vab gives when I touch a root part but without the option to change the root part. 

It depends on what you call "issue". Root part is a game engine limitation so, there are some issues with it in both KIS and the editor. For instance, you cannot detach root part from the assembly because detach operation breaks a link between the child and the parent. Obviously, the root part has not parent. Though, you may choose an immediate child of the root part and detach it instead. As for changing root part it's not supported in KIS.

4 hours ago, Mahatma Kane Jeeves said:

After being pestered by the mod tracker, I upgraded to 1.25 (running KSP 1.05). Unfortunately, when I try to check my Kerbal's inventory on EVA it's Bill, he's been on the Mun since before the upgrade) the inventory panel no longer appears when I click on his back pack.

Clicking on cargo containers (again, landed before the update) yields only scrap part and salvage part as options.

Before upgrading, all these things worked fine.

Additionally the EVA icon in the VAB has multiplied with each upgrade (I'm up to three, now)

Module Manager also keeps telling me to install 1.25.

I've really liked this mod and was just getting the hang of it when this cropped up.

New releases don't have changes in the inventory code. Could you please verify the old version have been deleted correctly? Multiplied icons make me thinking there are more than one MOD dlls in your system. What if you rollback to the 1.2.3 version - does it help resolving the issue?

I've briefly scanned this topic/googled, and have yet to discover: Is there a means of assigning an initial "default" inventory to command pods,kerbals, or toolboxes--such as the screwdriver or basic connector parts? It probably just takes practice, but I'm constantly forgetting to take basic tools with me when I launch.

3 hours ago, IgorZ said:

Could you please be more specific? What custom tool specifically was working before and has broken with the new release?

It depends on what you call "issue". Root part is a game engine limitation so, there are some issues with it in both KIS and the editor. For instance, you cannot detach root part from the assembly because detach operation breaks a link between the child and the parent. Obviously, the root part has not parent. Though, you may choose an immediate child of the root part and detach it instead. As for changing root part it's not supported in KIS.

Sorry. With the latest update, the screwdriver in my Surface Experiment Pack mod became non-functional (it's supposed to be similar to the wrench, though only doing stackAttach, not surfaceAttach). Every time I hit "H" with it equipped now, KIS states "Tool Needed: This part cannot be attached without a tool.". Attempting to attach now results in the part being dropped. I'm a little frustrated, since this basically breaks my mod. :(

1 hour ago, AlbertKermin said:

Sorry. With the latest update, the screwdriver in my Surface Experiment Pack mod became non-functional (it's supposed to be similar to the wrench, though only doing stackAttach, not surfaceAttach). Every time I hit "H" with it equipped now, KIS states "Tool Needed: This part cannot be attached without a tool.". Attempting to attach now results in the part being dropped. I'm a little frustrated, since this basically breaks my mod. :(

Did a little testing with this. If you change toolPartAttach = false to = true the screwdriver works fine. Also, changing the same line to = false in the electric screwdriver from KIS breaks it. I would speculate that a change in the code altered the way the part config is handled.

The rub is though, that this allows it to surface attach parts.

Edited by ExplorerKlatt

5 hours ago, AlbertKermin said:

What if you click "X"? Also, what part you're trying to attach to what? A screenshot may help.

7 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

I've briefly scanned this topic/googled, and have yet to discover: Is there a means of assigning an initial "default" inventory to command pods,kerbals, or toolboxes--such as the screwdriver or basic connector parts? It probably just takes practice, but I'm constantly forgetting to take basic tools with me when I launch.

In the editor move the tools into the "seat" inventory, and save the vessel. Every time you assign a personnel to the seat those tools will appear in the personal inventory of the kerbal.

10 hours ago, IgorZ said:

In the editor move the tools into the "seat" inventory, and save the vessel. Every time you assign a personnel to the seat those tools will appear in the personal inventory of the kerbal.

Ah- inventory is preserved in saved craft? Excellent!

15 hours ago, IgorZ said:

What if you click "X"? Also, what part you're trying to attach to what? A screenshot may help.

Depressing the "X" key gets the same result. Here's a screenshot-

rWmtyMj.png

19 hours ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

Did a little testing with this. If you change toolPartAttach = false to = true the screwdriver works fine. Also, changing the same line to = false in the electric screwdriver from KIS breaks it. I would speculate that a change in the code altered the way the part config is handled.

The rub is though, that this allows it to surface attach parts.

Yea, really don't want to do that. To drastic a alteration to KIS's balancing. :(

1 hour ago, AlbertKermin said:

Depressing the "X" key gets the same result. Here's a screenshot-

rWmtyMj.png

Thanks, it helps. Will take a look into it. Btw, can you use regular KIS tools (screwdriver and wrench) to attach your MOD things?