Multi-Layer Insulation Blankets: a Skin for FusTek Station Parts

InsaneDruid

zbjkNOZ.png

tHdyXvR.png

kO6sfGn.png

Download from KerbalStuff

v1.0 Initial Release

Dependencies

- FusTek Station Parts WIP builds X0.04-4, as this is only an additional skin for the FusTek Station Parts

- Firespitter plugin

- ModuleManager plugin (sarbian)

Recommended Mods

- ActiveTextureManagement

Installation

1. Ensure that you have all of the aforementioned dependencies installed

2. Remove any previous version of this Mod

3. Extract and move the FusTek_Retexture Folder to your GameData Folder: <KSP>/GameData/FusTek_Retexture

Usage

Right-click on any of the FusTek Station Parts and use the Buttons labelled "Next Style" to choose the MLI Blankets Textures

License

This work is now shared under Creative Commons CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 license.

Acknowledgements

Robin "sumghai" Chang and Alex "fusty" Sterling (author and original author, FusTek Station Parts)

Nothke (inspiration by his textures for older FusTek builds)

Edited by sumghai
Change thread prefix to a more appropriate one

Glorious, most glorious!

If you're interested, I can give you access to the main FusTek repo on GitHub, so that you can add your alternative textures in for official inclusion. Give me a shout via PM and we'll figure it out from there.

I'm having an issue where the textures for the hatches on the ends aren't displaying correctly. This is with a fresh install of Fustek X0.04-4 with all the correct dependencies. http://i.imgur.com/1mQoJT7.jpg?1

Okay, I know exactly what the problem is.

You need to download the experimental version of FusTek Station Parts directly from the GitHub repo, because I changed the UV mapping on several parts.

I haven't packaged a new official release because I haven't finished making IVAs yet, like I promised years ago.

Okay, I know exactly what the problem is.

You need to download the experimental version of FusTek Station Parts directly from the GitHub repo, because I changed the UV mapping on several parts.

Worked like a charm! Thanks, sumghai!

edit

Looks like some issues have manifested with the latest version from Github, but not with this texture pack specifically. I've detailed them in this post.

Edited by nebuchadnezzar

The texture looks amazing, but I'm not too keen on the foil over the wide flat tops. It looks out of place on that much surface area. It would look fine with the insulation blanket texture instead.

But most of the time your are going to put a docking port on which covers all that.

The texture looks amazing, but I'm not too keen on the foil over the wide flat tops. It looks out of place on that much surface area. It would look fine with the insulation blanket texture instead.

Thanks fpr the feedback!

My thoughts where that the gold foiled parts are rather "internal" parts. Therefore I applied them on the parts that are (at least can be) covered up by other parts. Like the small or big berthing adapters or the tapered adapter/end plate that is in the pack. This way you can have four different styles: plain gold foil that looks a bit like there is something to be added later, the big berthing node or the tapered, mli-covered adapter plate, with or without the small berthing adapter.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I could make an dropbox link and put it in the starting post.

Though this skin was included into the fustek station mod some time ago, but now the part's UV get remapped a lot. So untill the new parts are out it will only work for older versions of the fustek mod, and these should aready have it.

18 hours ago, InsaneDruid said:

Though this skin was included into the fustek station mod some time ago, but now the part's UV get remapped a lot. So untill the new parts are out it will only work for older versions of the fustek mod, and these should aready have it.

Ah, good point. Oh well. Hopefully you get around to making news ones. Seriously, those textures are soooooo nice OMG *drool* . Cheers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.